Author Topic: How do I get the PSX sound effects To my PC version of FFVII  (Read 4234 times)

Okay..... well i have played the PSX version through about 10 times....... and i decided to play the PC version so I could mod it...

And one thing is really bugging me......... They ported it really badly.

So, I want to know is it possible to convert the sound effects from the PSX version to be PC
(For example, in the PSX version, just before you fight Air Buster, you hear president Shinra snap... in the PC version you hear no snapping....... there a lot of such cases through out the game.)

If it is possible could someone please explain to me, how do I do this??

Thank you,
Broken Crow

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
I don't believe there are any "sound effect ports"...
but there's certainly a Midi -> MiniPSF Music replacement which makes it a bit more like the PSX version. :-)

The sounds aren't actually waveform, they're done in a synthy way, afaik.

Thanks :D... but i've already replaced the music.... im using  OStRE with FF7Music

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
The music in the remastered OST doesn't really sound at all like the PSX version, it sounds much more realistic. I prefer it, but it loops oddly, and certainly if I were attempting to emulate the PSX version I would not use it.

Also, slightly off-topic, it's not really called OstRE, that's just the shortened title I used in my FF7Music ini file and tutorial.

Oh.. lol... okay...
Yeah it does sound more realistic ^.^
I prefer it... but is there any way to fix that loop??

Landarma

• View Profile
Oh.. lol... okay...
Yeah it does sound more realistic ^.^
I prefer it... but is there any way to fix that loop??
Umm........ 'No' for .mp3 or .ogg, currently.(Unless some plugin can detect certain custom tags for loop point)  If you can get decent module sound file(such as .mod, .it, .s3m, or .xm) and WinAMP plugin for that, you may listen properly looping BGM....

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, you can't fix the looping. There might be some empty space at the end of the MP3, and you could cut it short to make it loop more cleanly than it does, but there's not much else you can do. PSFs don't have this problem.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Is there any way of removing the "select option" sound (such as when you choose what to say or battle options) as it is overclipped and down right annoying anyway.