Author Topic: [PC] FF7 Live Status Display - Tseng (v0.9-alpha)  (Read 8779 times)

MrShojy

• View Profile
What is Tseng?

Tseng is a tool intended for use by streams of content producers to keep a party tracker to the side of the game, featuring current status, health and equipment.

It is very young, and still very pre-release so far, so there may be issues. Please report any and all issues you come across.

v0.9-alpha

Features
  • Displays active party
  • Current/Max HP/MP
  • Active status ailments
  • Colour change on death (to be consistent with the game)
  • Front/Back row portrait placement
  • Cycles equipped weapon, armor, and accessory with materia configuration
  • Party order
  • Approx 1sec update delay, on a bad day
  • Custom equipment/materia can be added through simple JSON data files
  • English versions of FF7 only (Steam and non-Steam supported)
  • Displayed as a browser page - suitable for OBS browser source!
  • Cycles status ailments for field and battle
  • All Lucky 7s
  • Menu colour sync
  • Auto re-connect

How to Use
  • You'll need to first make sure you have .NET Framework 4.6.2 installed. If not, you can get it from Microsoft directly.
  • Get the latest version of Tseng above.
  • Run Tseng.exe after starting FF7. By default it'll ask you what data pack to use. Use the default unless you have a modded version of the game
  • Open http://localhost:5000 in your browser, or add it to a browser source component in your streaming/recording software of choice

« Last Edit: 2018-10-29 12:33:55 by MrShojy »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: [PC] Tseng - FF7 Live Status Display (alpha)
« Reply #1 on: 2018-10-08 21:07:53 »
Kickass. I considered making something like this myself several years ago, but didn't make it far on account of intense laziness.

MrShojy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-10-08 21:51:26 »
Laziness is definitely a thing. Glad you like how it looks this early in it's life though! :D

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2018-10-09 13:22:36 »
It is a fantastic idea. I have lots of memory addresses labeled if you want more metadata.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-10-09 14:37:21 »
I've sorted him with the Savemap and a few others - but he'll be needing battle offsets - HP MP Limit Status

I've got them somewhere as well.

MrShojy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-10-09 16:41:48 »
It is a fantastic idea. I have lots of memory addresses labeled if you want more metadata.
I would never turn down such an offer! I might not use them all, but having access certainly improves what can be done! <3

I've sorted him with the Savemap and a few others - but he'll be needing battle offsets - HP MP Limit Status

I've got them somewhere as well.
Very thankful for the help you've been so far!

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #6 on: 2018-10-09 20:17:56 »
I would never turn down such an offer! I might not use them all, but having access certainly improves what can be done! <3

Just tell me what you want and I probably have it. I've envisioned random numbers, but they change every frame and by the time your program read/displayed one it would be stale.
Anything else though let me know. AI variables? Timebar values? Status time remaining? etc.

MrShojy

• View Profile
Re: [PC] Tseng - FF7 Live Status Display (v0.4-alpha)
« Reply #7 on: 2018-10-10 10:01:18 »
Just tell me what you want and I probably have it. I've envisioned random numbers, but they change every frame and by the time your program read/displayed one it would be stale.
Anything else though let me know. AI variables? Timebar values? Status time remaining? etc.

Do you happen to have the offset for row information for battle actor?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: [PC] Tseng - FF7 Live Status Display (v0.5-alpha)
« Reply #8 on: 2018-10-10 15:53:14 »
I do for the original PC release

Top slot:  0x9AB0E0
Middle slot:  0x9AB148
Bottom slot:   0x9AB1B0

An active bit 6 indicates the actor is in the back row.
An active bit 5 indicates that actor is defending.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-10-10 17:38:11 »
Aye I sent him this - however, I think it's bit 0x40 and 00 ?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #10 on: 2018-10-10 17:50:22 »
Yeah, that's what I meant. Active bit 6 = 40h.

MrShojy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2018-10-11 00:17:27 »
I do for the original PC release

Top slot:  0x9AB0E0
Middle slot:  0x9AB148
Bottom slot:   0x9AB1B0

An active bit 6 indicates the actor is in the back row.
An active bit 5 indicates that actor is defending.

I'll take a look at including the defend; that seems like it'll fit on the status spinner easily enough.

Do you happen to have a doc with the addresses noted in, or is it more looking up previous work to find stuff?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [PC] Tseng - FF7 Live Status Display (v0.6-alpha)
« Reply #12 on: 2018-10-11 14:46:07 »
What is bit 4 about NFITC1?  I noticed 08 was always set.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #13 on: 2018-10-11 17:14:33 »
Do you happen to have a doc with the addresses noted in, or is it more looking up previous work to find stuff?

A bit of both, actually. Funnily enough I started out a spreadsheet on Excel, then my trial ran out and I'm too cheap to buy a copy of office so I just keep opening it in read-only mode. :P Whatever I can't find on the spreadsheet I dive into my debugger which has lots of comments on various addresses.

What is bit 4 about NFITC1?  I noticed 08 was always set.

It could be one of three things: active actor (animations/effects/scripts run), active target (can be targetted), something else I can't remember related to vulnerability. :P It's AI address 4023 and that's usually unset in boss death scripts IIRC. 4020 and 4022 are unset on death as well so those would be the other two.

EDIT:
Bit 4 would be 10h. 8 is bit 3. 8 I have listed as "Enabled" which means they can be targeted. For allies this is active as long as they are not imprisoned since you can target "dead" allies.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-11 18:20:29 by NFITC1 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2018-10-11 19:32:32 »
Hah! Yes.  I meant 4th bit / bit 3.

MrShojy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2018-10-11 20:10:04 »
A bit of both, actually. Funnily enough I started out a spreadsheet on Excel, then my trial ran out and I'm too cheap to buy a copy of office so I just keep opening it in read-only mode. :P Whatever I can't find on the spreadsheet I dive into my debugger which has lots of comments on various addresses.
Have you considered opening it as a google doc, or using Libre Office or something similar? Both are free and support Excel :)  In either case, is it a document you'd be willing to share? Mostly for my own fascination, and partly for potential use. Or would you prefer if I were to ask about individual things on a case-by-case, where I can't find them elsewhere?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #16 on: 2018-10-11 20:41:58 »
Have you considered opening it as a google doc, or using Libre Office or something similar? Both are free and support Excel :)  In either case, is it a document you'd be willing to share? Mostly for my own fascination, and partly for potential use. Or would you prefer if I were to ask about individual things on a case-by-case, where I can't find them elsewhere?

I am using Libre Office to make a few adjustments here and there. I don't care if there's a google doc, but I don't want to bother setting it up. I'd be willing to give you what I have, but it might not make a lot of sense.

MrShojy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2018-10-11 21:12:21 »
I am using Libre Office to make a few adjustments here and there. I don't care if there's a google doc, but I don't want to bother setting it up. I'd be willing to give you what I have, but it might not make a lot of sense.

It's probably a better base to stand on than current. I may be able to work it out and update notes so they do make more sense too :)  I tend to hang around on Discord if that makes it easier to transfer stuff :)

MrShojy

• View Profile
Re: [PC] FF7 Live Status Display - Tseng (v0.8-alpha)
« Reply #18 on: 2018-10-16 14:44:11 »
v0.8-alpha is now available. :D

This one reconnects if the game drops, and doesn't have to be open first. It'll also open the browser window for you once it's loaded. :)