Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Battle editor - Proud Clod (1.5.0/FINAL)  (Read 366175 times)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Official Proud Clod 1.0 Topic
« Reply #250 on: 2009-09-21 13:57:12 »
Anything come up? Nothing that wasn't anticipated. PrC and WM are working fine and I'll update those momentarily. Thing is, I'm near the end of buying a house. If you've never done that before there are a lot of things involved in such a process. I've been going out there lots and packing a lot and just didn't get out my laptop to upload them.

Your patience has paid off. I'm going to upload both now.

While I'm here on the PrC topic, let me tell you what's new:

First off, I think I got the save changes working. Yippee. I ran into one case where it didn't work too well, but that's because one of the scene files was actually one byte too small. This violates one of the requirements of saving changes: all scenes must be 7,808 bytes long. Granted, this one was made by hand before the days of PrC, so I can't blame the one that made it (I don't even remember who it was that gave me this one).

Second, PrC will now let you resize the AI window. I think I uploaded a broken one that resized, but didn't do anything. This is obviously bad. The one I just uploaded works. Loading time has been cut to a fraction of the time, but I couldn't stop the jump updating from taking nearly 10 seconds on Eligor's script. Small price to pay for faster loading, though. :D

Third, as per secondadvent's common sense, enemy name searches have been improved (Because of this, PrC will no longer jump to the scene if only one result is returned). This also applies to the attack search by index. This was back at the time that I wasn't sure if all attack name-ID pairs were unique. Turns out they are and that saves PrC needing to display the attack's name multiple times.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. As you're creating the patch, the progress bar that has been dormant at the bottom of the window for so long will come to life and.....show you the...progress it's making. I don't think it ever did anything before and was just an artifact from me copying WM's base attack editor over.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-21 17:13:20 by NFITC1 »

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2009-09-21 14:55:00 »
sounds good, i will have to test it out here shortly (currently doing a side project for another game, which involves killing 2000 enemies finding drop percentages :P), it seems like this version has about everything we could ask for (sans the hojo stuff, which is what hojo is for after all  :-P), and then some  :-).

and since you gave the ability to synch the attacks of the same ID, it was kinda pointless to have the names be listed separately anyway, though it could be good if you forgot to synch an attack, but it would still be kinda unimportant. i am also glad that the enemies searched for are now listed by name and scenes, rather than just a big list of scenes  :wink:.

seems that i can start back up on my project now... i sort of took a break while waiting for the release, but i needed one anyway  :roll:. and i personally have never had to move at all (lived in this house my whole life), but i will have to face that eventually...

chocofeather

« Reply #252 on: 2009-09-21 15:02:05 »
Suggestion (not sure if implemented)

The ability to be able to alter enemy moves in list form.  So it is easier than going through each and every enemy?

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009-09-21 15:13:22 »
well, if you change a move listed on one enemy, right click it after finishing with the changes, and click "sync with other attacks of same ID" or whatever it says, it will automatically do that, so you do only have to change it once (though you still have to make the enemy allowed to use it, assigning the attack to an animation, and making it's AI capable of calling the attack :P), and with the search feature, you essentially have all you need to change any attack fairly easily, and have it done for every enemy by a simple right click selection.

also, the scene.bin changes are now applying correctly, even with some of my completely cleaned out scene files included (all FF), so it looks as if it is all good now :D.

chocofeather

« Reply #254 on: 2009-09-30 06:49:58 »

It was actually Plaid Claude in the Japanese game, but no one liked that name. ;)

Actually it is "proud clad"

プラウド・クラッド
Romaji    Puraudo Kuraddo

Clod can be used but clad is used with this much more often and fits the term "iron clad" and the dictionaries pretty much agree aswell.  I am not expert in katakana, but I assume Plaid would be "Puraido" and not "puraudo"

might have mentioned that before.

------------

anyway....onto business.  I can't make an enemy move take away an allied characters HP AND MP.  Is this possible?  It is prob me missing something...

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #255 on: 2009-09-30 13:45:32 »

It was actually Plaid Claude in the Japanese game, but no one liked that name. ;)

Actually it is "proud clad"

プラウド・クラッド
Romaji    Puraudo Kuraddo

Re-read that post. It was a joke.

Attempting to pronounce クラッド as "Clad" is off. The pronunciation of this word is \ˈklad\, but the pronunciation of クラッド does not use the "flat a" ("a" as in apple, not to be confused with "ā" as in maple) sound. The Japanese do not have this sound in their alphabet. They use a "short a" sound ("ȯ/ä" as in auto) which makes クラッド sound closer to the word "clod" than "clad".
Ergo, no. It's not "Proud Clad", even if that is what the developers might have been going for.

Personally, I think "Proud Clod" is too close to "Proud Cloud" (プラウド・クラッド vs プラウド・クラウド). I thought it WAS Proud Cloud the first two times I played through. I likely would have named it something else.

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2009-09-30 15:00:31 »
i thought the same exact thing, until seeing your PrC  :wink:.

chocofeather

« Reply #257 on: 2009-09-30 17:28:12 »
No, it is almost certainly clad.  Certain katakana have a defined spelling.  That is why it is in the dictionaries, see here >

クラッド

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1C

http://www.tokkin.co.jp/materials/clad/000106.php

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%83%89%E9%8B%BC

http://www.eudict.com/?lang=jpkeng&word=%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%83%89&go=Search

クラッド材 【クラッドざい】 clad metal (engineering option in dictionary)
http://www.toyokohan.co.jp/ja/products/fine_clad/index.html

I also brought this up with translators and they agree that it is used the majority of the time.  It could be clod (given clod means > An irregularly shaped mass of indefinite size )  but dictionaries and online sources all seem to go for clad with this katakana.
------------

But what about enemy moves taking away both HP and MP, can this be done?

« Last Edit: 2009-09-30 17:39:41 by chocofeather »

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009-09-30 17:32:28 »
i think it only works if the damage formula used affects both, otherwise it is only one (elixir's formula does this, but it is based off of a %age of the HP/MP), though i may be wrong on this. and from a brief skimming of the formulas, it seems that elixir's formula is the only one that is known that can affect both  :|

chocofeather

« Reply #259 on: 2009-09-30 17:34:01 »
yeah I saw elixir.  Surely there is a way to add this in? :(

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2009-09-30 17:44:32 »
you'd have to manually change the (likely) .exe data to do this, and i wouldn't even know where to begin for that  :|. if anything, you can try to test some of the unknown/unused formulas by doubleclicking the name of the attack/item/weapon and manually changing the hex value. the locations for the value are located at:

item - 15th byte, or next to last byte on the top row
attack - same as item
weapon - third byte on the top row

if you can find out what they do, then that would mean more possibilities for attacks, but i am not sure how many are actually used.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #261 on: 2009-09-30 18:26:15 »
1. I need to correct myself in saying that it's not pronounced "clad" even though that might have been the intended word.

2. This is getting off-topic again. Please move discussion of attack editing elsewhere.
I wish I had a forum of my own for such things. Or at least a sub-forum here.

UPDATE: I haven't been doing nothing. I've just been away from the Internet for a while. I've been working on two new little tidbits of features.
First, PrC will blank out attacks (using a basic custom draw routine) that have an index of FFFFh so you can see at a glance which No-Name attacks aren't usable. This will also be reflected on the animations tabs of the individual enemies. If the attack's index is FFFFh or the animation is FFh, then the attack is grayed out indicating which attacks an enemy can perform.
Second, as you can more clearly see, the formation tab is now labeled. The Setup portion has exploded into smaller pieces and will need code to update the values. Likewise, Camera and Formation data itself is grouped properly now and it all works. It's all multi-byte valies from here on out. Also, formation values are listed on the formation buttons at the top of the page.
Thirdly, I got to stop making that retarded test KERNEL.BIN that I thought I had fixed months ago! I'm mad at myself for letting that go....
I just have to code these setup fields and make a label decision before I upload this. Now if I can just tear myself away from Dissidia for long enough...

RE-Update: Shame on you all!! I just noticed that it's not changing enemies' IDs at all! I tried to change it and the change didn't take. Turns out I'm never writing it back... I think I fixed it now, though.
Whilst I'm updating the IDs to finally work I decided that I'd go a few extra feet and mention what battle model files are being used. It's all based on the first two letters of the battle files. Enemy ID 0 uses battle files with a prefix of "aa", Enemy ID 2 uses battle files with prefix of "ac", etc. It goes out to "oa" with enemy models (ID 016C) which is the Cactuar, but there are five more that look similar to each other (016D-0171; "ob"-"of") that are never used. They look like MPs with different colored uniforms (almost khaki).
The the battle scenes start at "og" and follow the same list as these. The last one is at "rr" and then is followed by "rs" which is the frog status character. The rest are player characters and weapon models.

slightly-off topic:
I'm trying to load the battle scenes, but I can't seem to get any of the polys to show up. Can anyone offer advice? What do the "aa", "ab", and "da" files do? I have them marked special, but I don't remember what they are. I think the "aa" are rsd files and the "da" are animations files.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-06 21:14:45 by NFITC1 »

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009-10-11 05:49:00 »
Did you upload the new version of proud clod that has the fix for it not changing the enemy ID? I was using a hex editor and that gets tiring as i need to do 5 steps just to get it back in. :P

1: edit the attack animations to reflect the new model (since for instance, if we want to change guard scorpion to dyne, if it uses a '09' for the animation, thats Dyne's death one)
2: determine which ID i want
3: extract the scene bin i was working with screen reader
4: use hex editor to change the ID
5: put it back in with screenreader and hope i got the right thing

as for the changes, i am really interested in messing around further with formations and get them to load new ones, i think we could get a basic one done for the Rufus fight done for some mods where people changed Rufus into Vincent, he could transform into galiant beast or something and the fight continues.  :evil:

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #263 on: 2009-10-12 16:43:19 »
Sorry for keeping you all in the dark for now. I wanted to make sure the new formation setup fields were working. So here's the newest PrC released along-side WM. It's workable so if I happen to die in 10 seconds (Lord willing I DON'T. There's been a lot of people dying around my area recently.) then at least I'll know that I didn't leave everyone hanging.

Most of the changes are in the Animation/Formation tab. Labels have been added to the Formation Tab so no more blind editing.
Model IDs for enemies now display the model name used in battle.lgp. Same with the background. See the documentation for more details.

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009-10-12 17:16:03 »
sweeet, i tried it and it retained the changes i wanted. =3

I'll take a more in-depth look at the new features.

btw, the models are the AA, the DA is the animation file.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-12 17:18:18 by Murak Modder »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #265 on: 2009-11-16 12:24:51 »
Um, I don't know if I'm being entirely dense, but I'm having trouble. When I replace an enemy attack with another, I always get a data error on entering a battle. For instance, I replaced the Materia Keeper's Cure2 with Cure3, and altered instances of Cure 2 in the AI script as expected. Where am I going wrong?

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009-11-16 12:36:44 »
Um, I don't know if I'm being entirely dense, but I'm having trouble. When I replace an enemy attack with another, I always get a data error on entering a battle. For instance, I replaced the Materia Keeper's Cure2 with Cure3, and altered instances of Cure 2 in the AI script as expected. Where am I going wrong?

whats the Error code and does it happen the second the battle starts? or when he tries to use the attack?

EDIT: Did you make sure you change 001 to 002 in the AI i know it sounds so stupid but its really easy to forget also have you dissembled the AI in prc does it look right?
« Last Edit: 2009-11-16 12:40:10 by ff7rules »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #267 on: 2009-11-16 12:47:17 »
I get a Data Error whenever he uses the attack.

I replaced all of the Materia Keeper's attacks with Cure3, taking up the Cure 2 slot. Disassembly appeared fine:

If (LocalVar:0000 == 0)
{

}

ElseIf (LocalVar:0000 == 1)
{

}

ElseIf (LocalVar:0000 == 2)
{
   If (Not  (Random MOD LocalVar:0020) )
   {
      TargetMask <- RandomBit(AllOpponentMask)
      Perform("Cure3"[0002], EnemyAttack)

}

ElseIf (Not  (Random MOD 2) )
   {

}

Else
   {
   }
   LocalVar:0000 <- LocalVar:0000 + 1

}

ElseIf (LocalVar:0000 == 3)
{
   If ( ( (LocalVar:0020 < 4)  And  (Self.MP >= MPCost(1)) ) )
   {
      TargetMask <- Self
      LocalVar:0000 <- 4

}

ElseIf (Not  (Random MOD LocalVar:0020) )
   {
      LocalVar:0000 <- 0

}

ElseIf (Not  (Random MOD 2) )
   {

}

Else
   {
   }
   LocalVar:0000 <- Random MOD 3
}

}

ElseIf ( (Self.MP >= MPCost(86)) )
{
   TargetMask <- AllOpponentMask

}

Else
{
}
LocalVar:0000 <- 0

}

Else
{
   POP(LocalVar:0000)
   SCRIPT END

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #268 on: 2009-11-16 12:52:04 »
The results are as follows:

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #269 on: 2009-11-16 17:13:45 »
You didn't make Cure3 an allowed attack. The enemy tab may SAY that it works, but it doesn't (note to self: fix this!). You have to change that slot to something else, then change it back to Cure3.

That's the same error that the Adamantaimai gets when you Big Guard/Wall him before his main script fires. He tries to cast cure (or maybe attack FFh, not sure which, really), but he doesn't have "permission" to.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-16 17:15:43 by NFITC1 »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #270 on: 2009-11-16 17:18:26 »
So - how exactly do I make it an 'allowed' attack? Just turn it to something else, build the SCENE, load it again, turn it to something else?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #271 on: 2009-11-16 19:24:46 »
You don't have to build the scene. Just select something else in the drop-down, then select Cure3 again.

Also, you left in the "MPCost(86)" code there. As long as Trine is in the data in that scene then that shouldn't be a problem either.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #272 on: 2009-11-16 19:29:49 »
Ah, great stuff.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009-11-17 16:56:59 »
hey NFITC1 any word on when the clipboard copy and paste thing will be implemented? It would open the door to share more templates and scripts. This Programs come such a long way, I love it :)

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #274 on: 2009-11-17 21:27:44 »
hey NFITC1 any word on when the clipboard copy and paste thing will be implemented? It would open the door to share more templates and scripts. This Programs come such a long way, I love it :)

Maybe tomorrow. I'd like to try to do one more thing with it. I've already got a special new feature mostly working and I've fixed a few editing bugs that it doesn't seem like anyone has (fortunately) run across yet.