Author Topic: [HD Remake] WIP Sector 5 slums  (Read 275223 times)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
Re: [HD Remake] WIP Sector 5 slums
« Reply #400 on: 2014-09-21 07:47:42 »
When i had that problem i changed the sound driver in the config file. If that doesnt work make sure that an audio device isnt disabled in windows (Right click the speaker icon in the system tray and go to playback devices)
Thanks for the input - I'll try that tomorrow.
Being a British person myself how could I not notice the fact all them sexy bottles are Irn Bru!!!!
Thanks for having spotted that! Although, they're not quite Irn-Bru  :P

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2014-09-21 08:15:14 »
Fe instead of Iron, eh? I like the cut of several of your jibs.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2014-09-22 02:18:36 »
Fe instead of Iron, eh?
Professional deformation  ;)
When i had that problem i changed the sound driver in the config file. If that doesnt work make sure that an audio device isnt disabled in windows (Right click the speaker icon in the system tray and go to playback devices)
Well, amazingly enough, I managed to fix everything by... plugging speakers  ???

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2014-09-22 11:38:53 »
Professional deformation

Don't tell me you're into chemistry....  ::)
 8-)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2014-09-22 15:46:00 »
Don't tell me you're into chemistry....  ::)
 8-)
It's probably even worse than you think  :P

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2014-09-28 16:44:51 »
Update!

I've started to revise my works on eals_1 (outdoors of Elmyra & Aerith's house) to render it with Cycles. I redesigned the cliffs, and here's what I have so far:

The mesh quality is much better now, which should allow me to have a lot more control on the particle systems that I'll use for the grass and the flowers. I also intend to do some work on the water material - it seems very tricky to give a realistic water rendering where you can have the opalescent blue color you find in glacial lakes - which is pretty much what the water on the original image looks like (although the reason may be mako-infused water).

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #406 on: 2014-09-28 16:48:50 »
Wow! Such detail! Great!!!

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2014-09-28 16:48:57 »
Can i buy one of the empty plots of land please to build a house?

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #408 on: 2014-09-28 16:49:52 »
Sorry I will be the highest bidder! (raises hand) :D

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2014-09-28 17:02:34 »
There is more than enough land for both of us :P

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2014-10-06 14:49:29 »
Hi folks,

I'm pretty much done with eals_1, I'm quite happy about how it turned out. Here is the scene:

I'll have a crack at the waterfalls later, which I intend to do by smoke simulation (a relatively thin waterfall this high would just become a big spray), I hope it will be well-integrated to the rest.
However, I think I'll move on to the indoor scenes now (the top floor of the house has to be made from scratch).

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2014-10-06 16:49:24 »
Looks great. If you want to send it to me for render and splitting ill give it a go

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2014-10-06 17:19:41 »
Blender 2.72 has some improvements for you.I 'm sure you want to re-render all the .blends.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2014-10-06 18:04:51 »
Looks great. If you want to send it to me for render and splitting ill give it a go

This render was very manageable, I don't think I'll need to send it over (the target image size is "small", and there aren't too many layers). But I have enough scenes on my desk to give you some work later ;)
By the way, I wanted to discuss your earlier renders and layering of mds5_i. Namely, I wanted to know whether you separated the layers with Photoshop, or if you used the layering capabilities of Blender. My question is related to the fact that, in your test of the scene, it looks like there is a bit of aliasing along the objects which are placed on a separate layer (like the big transverse pipe). I personally have used layering within Blender before, and I don't think I had these kind of aliasing problems on my end (since Blender renders are with antialiasing). I'll need to do further testing to verify that, though.

Blender 2.72 has some improvements for you.I 'm sure you want to re-render all the .blends.
I've just checked 2.72 release, it looks interesting and I'll update shortly. However, I don't think there are that many scenes which will need a revamp. I think the main thing that 2.72 offers for my past scenes is the Sun Beam effect in the compositor. It will certainly come in handy when I model the indoor of Aerith's house.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2014-10-06 21:15:20 »
I basically used blender to render out specific objects and used them as a mask in blender. If your way is better I will need you to show me how to do it.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2014-10-06 23:08:14 »
Could you please upload and link the renders you made (could be uploaded in the repo, if you prefer)? By this, I mean the layer images you imported into Palmer to recreate the "tiled fields". I wonder if you might have used masks on instances when it's not necessary. Namely, I found out that you shouldn't mask anything (ie render everything) on the base layer. Perhaps part of the aliasing issues comes from this.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2014-10-07 01:27:12 »
They are up now.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #417 on: 2014-10-07 03:34:13 »
I can smell those daisies lilies now!
« Last Edit: 2014-10-07 03:46:09 by LeonhartGR »

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2014-10-07 03:35:37 »
Thanks for the upload. I just had a check at your pictures: it does look like there is some weird aliasing problem on the foreground layers, the base layer is fine.
I may have a go at it, but not right now. It would be difficult to give you a very straightforward procedure for this, however I can give you some tips from my experience at working on that process on previous scenes (the sewer scenes, namely):
- it may not be mandatory to follow all the cuts of the original layer arrangements. I would advise not to duplicate objects from the base layer on a foreground layer when it isn't necessary.
- for Blender: I'd recommend you put foreground objects on, say, Layer #13 (3rd layer of the right block). For instance, you isolate the main pipe, the table, the computer and the cables on that layer. Then, on the Scene tab of the Properties panel, on the "Scene" side (left), you select all the layers which are going to be involved in the render (ie layers 2-10, 11 and 13) but on the "Layer" side (right) you only select Layer #13. If you render that, it should only give you the pipe, the table, computer and cables with minimal aliasing. Then, you can place these items back on one of the background layer, and select another group of objects to be rendered on Layer #13 (for instance, the chest of drawers, with the medkit and the brown flask), and render these ones, and so forth. Once you have good antialiased renders of these items, you can recombine them with Photoshop later, as needed (you'll need to recut layers via photoshop anyway, for instance when you need to put a chunk of the pipe on the third layer). Note: I don't know if you went through this process precisely already - it's a bit of a guesswork on my part. In any case, I did manage to have neatly antialiased renders on my end when it came to render distinct separate objects.

Now, with all these considerations: it turns out that the fields still produce some aliasing in game. However, I am not sure whether it is actual aliasing, or an artifact due to the fact that there are problems to display images which are at a resolution which is not  an integer multiplier of the original (since HD is actually 4.5 times the original - my renders being 5 times).

I hope that helps. I don't know if you'd like the layers I made for the sewer scenes on the repo, to serve as a reference.

I can smell those daisies now!
I thought I had based my flowers on lillies  :-[
« Last Edit: 2014-10-07 03:37:21 by Mayo Master »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #419 on: 2014-10-07 03:46:21 »
Fixed ;)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2014-10-07 10:55:42 »
Yeah throw them on the repo and ill take a look

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2014-10-07 14:13:13 »
I just uploaded the layer files of colne_b3 on the repo. You'll notice how smooth the antialiasing is, in comparison.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2014-10-12 17:47:40 »
Yeah it does look alot better. Ill see what I can do to fix the other one up

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2014-10-19 06:22:39 »
Hi folks,

I've been working on the indoor scenes of Elmyra & Aerith's house (ealin_1, ealin_2, ealin_12). I've done quite a bit of ground work in order to have some correspondence (albeit not a perfect match) between the indoor and the outdoor scene, as well as a matching between the ground floor and the second floor. Now that's pretty much done, I was able to get going on the retexturing of the ground floor scenes (ealin_1 and ealin_12 are set in the same environment, but with different cameras and different layers visible). Below is an update, taken from the ealin_12 camera.

One thing to note: after studying the scene from a scaling perspective, it looks like the characters sizes are way too small with respect to the items and objects in the room. Makou reactor will have to be used in order to remedy that. I would expect a x1.5 rescaling of the characters to be necessary.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2014-10-22 15:13:59 »
Update! Making some progress on the texturing...

Since the kitchen closet glass panels are a bit noisy, I wanted to confirm that everything in the closet is textured and done. I may want to revise a couple of elements (scratches on the shelf on the left of the image, lack of contrast between the TV and its "off" screen) and I'll carry on with more furniture (kitchen appliances are visible on ealin_1, but not ealin_12). I'll finish with the flowers and the tea set.
If you have some feedback/comments let me know.