Author Topic: Removing MIDI Cues  (Read 3240 times)

Tuxedo

• View Profile
Removing MIDI Cues
« on: 2010-10-02 01:49:49 »
I was wondering, is there a way to stop a song from playing? I'm trying to stop the fanfare from playing when winning a battle. I've removed the .mid files from the .lgp and even opened it with a text editor and removed "FanF" along with deleting fanfare and fan2 from the music.idx file hoping that would stop it. I'm sure everyone has experienced the silence when winning a battle with FF7Music running and I was wondering if there was a way to just keep the battle theme playing after victory.

Anyone have any ideas on where to start? I've done everything that I think would be a step in doing it.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Re: Removing MIDI Cues
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-02 16:17:52 »
You can stop it by not using any songs to it in FF7Music. Just don't put any files or mp3 sounds assigned to fanfare and fan2(just to be safe).

Tuxedo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-02 18:59:04 »
I tried that already but the battle theme still stops after you win and then there's the silence.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-02 19:08:12 »
Hmm, I've never had silence where the battlefanfare theme is supposed to be.

My guess is that if it doesn't see a song to play there, it'll still stop the battle theme and just play nothing. You could try individually editing the scripts for each battle, to have them not stop the currently playing song, the way they do in a few places (bombing mission comes to mind).

edit: Fixed. I meant the right thing, just had a bit of a brain fart when typing it.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-02 20:01:01 by Covarr »

Tuxedo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-10-02 19:55:37 »
It's not silence where the battle theme is supposed to be. =\
I guess it's my fault for overcomplicting things, when you win and the party is doing their victory pose, the fanfare starts playing, I don't want it to start playing there or at all. Would the cue for the victory theme to start playing be in each battle's individual code? Then doing that will take quite a while... I wonder if I can make it play when the results screen pops up?

Anyways, how would I go around editing a battle's script? By using WallMarket?

EDIT : Erm, never mind that last question. Just used WM and figured out what it does. lol
« Last Edit: 2010-10-02 21:26:11 by Tuxedo »