Author Topic: PSX Emulator (FAO Jari, Dag & Friends)  (Read 98026 times)

NightStar

• View Profile
PSX Emulator (FAO Jari, Dag & Friends)
« on: 2001-01-15 08:33:00 »
Just got to thinking here!  As you guys seem (He, he  :)) to be bloody good at programming, have you ever thought of tying to help out some of the programmers who do the sound and graphic plug-ins for emulators such as ePSXe?  

Yes - This is FF related as FF9 has come out on the Playstation, and to play it on the PC you'll need to use an emulator! (Of which, personally speaking, ePSXe is the best!)

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2001-01-15 13:01:00 »
Umm....I think that Connectix Video game station is quite good for systems without sound and graphics card.

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2001-01-15 13:46:00 »
Now this is a joke!! How can a computer even start without a graphic card?

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 2001-01-15 14:22:00 »
Nightstar: Ouch! Don't go there. I've seen the source for some of those plugins and we're talking serious complicated. Can't speak for anyone else, but it's beyond me...

StrayWings

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2001-01-15 14:48:00 »
A Connectix Video game station needs a MMX technology (or at least compatible) to use. What is the main reason for this post I wonder?

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2001-01-15 17:12:00 »
hey, most plugin authors are doin a fine job:
lewpy, pete linuxapp, etc
pete and lewpy and null2 and segu( ithink hes quit) have been workin on plugins for 2+ years, there plugins are bound to have confusing source code,

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
« Reply #6 on: 2001-01-15 17:39:00 »
Sorry for plugging this in yet another time but I don't think I've directed N* there yet...

I'm currently busy with a project I consider cooler than PSX emulators: http://www.legacy-ovwp.org" TARGET=_blank>www.legacy-ovwp.org

So, all my programming time goes to that project. I don't have any experience in emulating anyway, I'd use half a year to catch up with the people already working on it and probably couldn't help all that much.

« Reply #7 on: 2001-01-15 21:56:00 »
PSX emulation has really taken off recently. If there's an emulation field that needs help, it would definately be the Saturn. I agree with The Skillster. There's no current real need for anyone here to become involved in emulators.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: 2001-01-16 00:23:00 »
Message.

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2001-01-16 03:09:00 »
ha! but you handle sf/dls stuff very well..

NightStar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2001-01-16 08:29:00 »
...What is the main reason for this post I wonder?...

Most of the Programmers who helped enhance the PC version of FF8 (You remember those lovely problems with Midi's people!) are in this forum.  As FF9 and FF10, etc...  will ONLY be out on the PSX and PSX2, don't you think it was a good idea for me to ask if they could help out the people who are making it possible to play these games on our PC's?  Sorry - But the PSX looks too crap to play these games on, so the emulators help no end!!!  (And yes - I have a PSX, and I still play the games on my PC!)

Yes - There are people out there doing plug-ins already, but only a few people.  Quite frankly, the more the merrier!   :)

I'm just going to have a look at your site Dag!

Oh well.  It was worth a shot!...  I'm going back to playing FF9...  Happy hunting!!!   :)

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #11 on: 2001-01-16 08:55:00 »
Well... that crap is beyond me as well.. i only know VB and Pascal.. and they are both dying in my memory as we speak.. or type.

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2001-01-16 11:26:00 »
Speaking of emus, Do you guys know where to download a PSX BIOS or can you just send me one at [email protected]

StrayWings

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2001-01-16 15:50:00 »
Hey Nightstar!

That's supposed to be my line!

:D
 Ha! I'll bring this post back to it's subject. For emulator I prefer Bleem!

*I know how some of you guys here hate someone who uses pirated programs* but I got my full version of Bleem! without paying even a penny! MWAHAHA...the wonders of hacking I would say...  :D Let's not get to hasty on the subject shall we??

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2001-01-16 17:16:00 »
hmph, i got my version of bleem very early (v1.0) because it was ground breaking , it had excellent speed and graphics to boot! the speed really just went spirraling downwards after every release though  :(
it was much better than psemupro at that time (not for tekken 3 in glide though).
ff9 may jump onto the pc scene, i dont think they'll say theyre gonna release ff11 on pcs and ps2s and not even release ff9/10!
but thats my opnion, and for you joey, if you want a psx bios- go dump it yourself (from your own psx!)

« Reply #15 on: 2001-01-16 20:38:00 »
What bleem! has is speed. It's still faster than most other emulators right now. I'm still waiting for them to finish that darn bleemcast so they will get back to bleem! I want to be able to see battle menus, dangit.
The PC release probably depends on Sony. Remember, their PS2 is supposed to be one of the final deathblows for the PC. Such ignorance makes me laugh so hard. The only reason the PC will die is if every single hardcore PC gamer believes that lie. Comparing shots of new PS2 games with new PC games (American McGee's Alice, Giants, Sacrifice, etc.), PC's look at least as good and better. In fact, newer, cutting edge PCs are right around the corner.

StrayWings

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2001-01-17 03:57:00 »
You know Srethron Askvelhtnod, that is so true. A PC can easily overun a PS2...but combining THE best hardware and software components for the fullness of gaming experience in the PC would cost a fortune! Surely, one does not have to do that when one has a PS2 to ge tthe same gaming experience. In the PC, we have software upgrades, synthenizers, Yamaha..etc. which make gaming more fun..the sound, the movies..a person with a PS2 has to get a very good TV to match the LCD screen the PC has. The PC can do A LOT more things than the PS2..programing, sound mixing...The PC has unlimited porposes...

LIVE PC!!

« Reply #17 on: 2001-01-17 07:02:00 »
Actually, the X-box (which is the console generation after PS2) is suppposed to basically be a PIII 600MHz that's seriosly optimized for gaming.
Most of the new games on the block will still run well under a PII 450 or less. Considering this, I might disagree. Mechwarrior 4 has gorgeous graphics and is only optimized for  a 500 MHz CPU. The lowest MHz I see advertised now in ads is now a PIII/Duron/Celeron 677 MHz. Many people now have at least a 700. The cutting edge is P4 1.5 GHz/Athlon 1.2 GHz.
True, Alice runs best on an 800MHz + computer and Giants and Sacrifice also have high requirements for maximum performance, but affordability seems to me to be becoming much less of an issue.

[This message has been edited by Srethron Askvelhtnod (edited January 17, 2001).]

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #18 on: 2001-01-17 08:48:00 »
I think the Xbox is now planned to have a P3 733mhz chip.....by Q3 it will probably be a P4 1.8gig chip.  :D Although I doubt it, the Rambus and CPU would put it way out of price range.

Nothing but a numbers game....I bet you that the Gamecube specs will go up, too....It's just paper, right?

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2001-01-17 09:39:00 »
Does anyone know if the X-BoX can or will have the ability to play DvDz?

« Reply #21 on: 2001-01-17 19:50:00 »
Threesixty: Thanks for the info. Yep, just paper.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2001-01-17 21:12:00 »
You fools! You cant just play dvds on the xbox. Im pretty sure you will need to buy a specail remote first! DUH!

And FFIX will be out on pc. When I get round to doing my first web page campainging for it. Gee that should be in about 30 years then. I think FFIx will be the last you see on pc. By the look of it its traditional.

NightStar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2001-01-18 08:32:00 »
As far as I was aware, there are no plans to release FF9 on the PC.  (Maybe they will!)

I hope they do, as it's so much like FF7 - It's a good game.

However - I'm contented to use ePSXe to play it!...

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2001-01-18 10:59:00 »
Hey you dont need a special control to play dvds on the PS2 u sure u need them for the x-box? and is the x-box or PS2 going to have Final fantasy Series on them.. i heard its gonna be ps2 then switch to the x-box. any ideas?