Author Topic: The Squall's Dead Theory  (Read 90910 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: The Squall's Dead Theory
« Reply #175 on: 2011-03-22 14:53:02 »
i saw an argument full of weak points and pointed them out. no where did i see an opinon, opinons and arguments are 2 seperat things in my book, and as u can see opinons are different and not much detailed research goes into them once he had done that much research it becomes an argument. thats how i see it informed opinons are different again and i have dyslexia

don't matter, this forum is friendly, if your not going to be friendly then there is a problem, calling someone a moron is bad no matter what, it is in fact a type of trolling.

EDIT:

to elaborate, i mean you'll find yourself in serious trouble if you go around calling people here morons like you did that guy.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-22 14:55:29 by Jaitsu Strife »

gotenksssj22002

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2011-03-22 15:54:00 »
lol don't worry bout that just that i notced alot of comments about anything to do with disc 1 of ff8 had been removed hence why i called him a moron people here listen to peoples opinons atleast thats the feel i get im not one to call someone for no reason but i will reframe from doing so since i have read the updated rules and regs

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2011-03-22 16:02:31 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 11:29:29 by Jenova's Witness »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #178 on: 2011-03-22 20:04:37 »
lol don't worry bout that just that i notced alot of comments about anything to do with disc 1 of ff8 had been removed hence why i called him a moron people here listen to peoples opinons atleast thats the feel i get im not one to call someone for no reason but i will reframe from doing so since i have read the updated rules and regs

nice to see someones read the rules :D

Was Ultimecia watching Squall as he took care of comatose Rinoa?  If she was, what did she think, seeing him, the person she hated and feared, at his most tender and vulnerable?

probably wished she could rip him to shreds

NayusDante

« Reply #179 on: 2011-04-06 22:27:18 »
While the Squall is Dead theory has merit, the ending seems too happy and unfitting to go along with it. If the ending is part of some kind of dream, then it makes about as much sense as Evangelion Ep26 (Squall's ideal reality?).

After I finished the game, I figured that the story is out of order. As I see it, the first part of the ending (Squall wandering) is chronologically the first event in the game. As he wanders, he tries to recall reality. This struggle to remember who he is and how he got there is what the game actually consists of. "I'll be here, waiting." The intro video is his mental process as he begins to recall the events that brought him to the time-compressed reality, one bit at a time.

Remembering Rinoa's words are the key to remembering, and he starts with the first significant event in that chapter of his life (the fight with Seifer). From the end of the intro video until the ending cutscene, Squall is recalling the events from his own, very skewed perspective. The events in the game may be representations of the story as Squall saw them, and perhaps not as they really happened. This forgives a lot of the oddities (Moombas?), and further justifies the use of Squall's inner monologues.

Sakaguchi specifically noted the difference between how Cloud's personal thoughts are intentionally hidden from the player, while he wanted to try the opposite with FF8. Telling the story from that character's perspective always seemed to me a good way to execute the concept.

dtdsora

« Reply #180 on: 2011-04-10 08:12:27 »
one statement: it says that Edea only would of healed Squall for "interrogation" purposes, however, at the time when she attacked she was being controlled, so Edea edea would heal him,if she was freed from U's control, even for a minute