Author Topic: The Squall's Dead Theory  (Read 90907 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: The Squall's Dead Theory
« Reply #50 on: 2010-06-22 18:55:29 »
Qhimm's dead; this is just a nightmare about forum life - endless iterations of borken board software, trolls, prats, spam, and crap.

You could have saved time by just writing my name!

smf052910

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010-06-22 19:13:45 »
Watch from 4:20.

It does seem like he is coming to terms with his own death.

Krimson Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010-06-22 19:16:12 »
LULZ! I didn't even bother to quote all the funnies in this thread it's just lulz. As for FF8 and squall dying, yeah .... and Rinoa kisses his dead frozen lips in the end video after watching a shooting star, OR DID SHE?!?! Also in the end video you'll notice where an infinite time loop becomes possible for infinite FF8 sequels and that part is where Squall sees himself as a child and watched ultimecia give her entire power to matron, but she was possessed by ultimecia in squall's main time line? this is where everyone's head spins and can't make sense of it, cause it's a loophole and can't be made sense of. if you think about it, in THAT time line couldn't matron with the new powers of ultimecia be possessed by another ultimecia in a different time line? if there's a younger squall in another time dimension so to speak or in a past event that he was able to get to at the end of the game, then why is there only ONE ultimecia? shouldn't there be one for every instance of the past, present, future? unless of course squall was just dreaming this up? but do dead people dream? oh WAIT!! the fayth in FFX are dead and dreaming!? so I suppose it is possible, without going into all the crap in other FF's that make no sense, I came to one final conclusion about these games "Enjoy them if they're good, toss em' if you don't like em' but whatever you do... don't try to apply logic to them" except for the lulz, like now. ^.^

*Edit* If I was in an FF8 story line I would go back in time and beat the crap out of myself for dating my first gf, gawd I was such an idiot, I COULD CHANGE ALL THAT!!!
« Last Edit: 2010-06-22 19:18:33 by Krimson Hawk »

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-06-22 19:56:44 »
*Edit* If I was in an FF8 story line I would go back in time and beat the crap out of myself for dating my first gf, gawd I was such an idiot, I COULD CHANGE ALL THAT!!!
Same with terminator and other time travel media. However I'd just go back in time and knock up my first gf. Probably it would teach my younger self some responsibility.

blackdeathmessenger

• A man can dream, but that's all it will ever be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010-06-22 20:55:30 »
Hmm I for one actually agree with Tidus like the summons because he was also being summoned or is a dream of fayth like the summons. :)

Well, it could be true, but who knows, really. For all we know it could be something totally different then a direct summon by the Fayth. I just couldn't say what though.
Well. I think that since they portray him in the farplain in FFX-2 (endgame scenes not the one where shuyin shows up) that he obviously has a soul. So he had to have lived to some compacity. Everything in that world is made up of pyreflies just like how all living things in ff7 are made up of lifestream. So to that capacity of course tidus was alive.

... We may have to split this off into another discussion considering this thread is about squall. FFX Tidus being alive is a whole new discussion in of itself.

Back to the actual topic:

There's is really no way that Squall could be dead, and theories of other Final Fantasy Characters being dead (except for Tidus) are just crazy. There's a reason the word Fantasy is at the end of the name. The only reason it's called Final Fantasy is so the creator's could make one long Fantasy game, and not have to worry about making anything more the game (though in some cases they made a little more). It's called Fantasy so they can do some weird stuff and get away with it. Also, if Squall (or any of the other characters) were really dead, then why would there still be a game over/ you're dead screen? And don't you think it would have been part of the game? And about Tidus being dead, I think he was dead before the game started, and the Fayth just happen to choose him to go through time and help end their suffering (along with end the existence of Sin so there would be no more reason for them to continue being statues).

Edit: Like, what I mean is, that the Fayth were probably able to give him life once again, and were able to give him a physical form for a long enough time for him to do what they wanted him to do.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-22 20:59:55 by blackdeathmessenger »

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #55 on: 2010-06-22 21:11:34 »
But Tidus is never dead. He's born as a dream. :o

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010-06-22 21:12:39 »
But Tidus is never dead. He's born as a dream. :o

Exactly what I mean. I just didn't put it so simply,lol.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010-06-22 21:23:45 »
There's a reason the word Fantasy is at the end of the name. The only reason it's called Final Fantasy is so the creator's could make one long Fantasy game, and not have to worry about making anything more the game (though in some cases they made a little more). It's called Fantasy so they can do some weird stuff and get away with it.

Actually, it was originally called Final Fantasy because Final Fantasy was going to be Square’s last game before their company died. It just happened to be a smashing hit so they continued the series.

Also, if Squall (or any of the other characters) were really dead, then why would there still be a game over/ you're dead screen? And don't you think it would have been part of the game?

In some cases, like the squallsdead theory, the creators will put some elements in a game that will hint at something (such as the main hero’s death) but will never explicitly say it. This is just a tactic to create controversy and debates about such games. I believe it worked. Maybe they didn't even intend to make it seem so. In which case they are probably all lulzing at us right nao.

Qhimm's dead; this is just a nightmare about forum life - endless iterations of borken board software, trolls, prats, spam, and crap.

SRS LULZ. :P

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010-06-22 21:28:01 »
There's a reason the word Fantasy is at the end of the name. The only reason it's called Final Fantasy is so the creator's could make one long Fantasy game, and not have to worry about making anything more the game (though in some cases they made a little more). It's called Fantasy so they can do some weird stuff and get away with it.

Actually, it was originally called Final Fantasy because Final Fantasy was going to be Square’s last game before their company died. It just happened to be a smashing hit so they continued the series.

Also, if Squall (or any of the other characters) were really dead, then why would there still be a game over/ you're dead screen? And don't you think it would have been part of the game?

In some cases, like the squallsdead theory, the creators will put some elements in a game that will hint at something (such as the main hero’s death) but will never explicitly say it. This is just a tactic to create controversy and debates about such games. I believe it worked. Maybe they didn't even intend to make it seem so. In which case they are probably all lulzing at us right nao.

SRS LULZ. :P

Ok, well, all that makes sense, but I really don't think that Squall is dead in the game or anything. Yeah, everythign is weird, but that's just how some games are,lol.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010-06-22 21:38:39 »
It's just a theory, like Timu said, think whatever the heck you want of the game and enjoy it how you like. :P

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010-06-22 21:41:06 »
It's just a theory, like Timu said, think whatever the heck you want of the game and enjoy it how you like. :P

Good point. Well, I think Squall lives through what is supposedly the point where he dies,lol. That being said, I'm off to go play The Legend Of Dragoon (another game lots of people have opinions on,lol).

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010-06-22 23:26:44 »

Good point. Well, I think Squall lives through what is supposedly the point where he dies,lol. That being said, I'm off to go play The Legend Of Dragoon (another game lots of people have opinions on,lol).
sadly one of those games I didn't get to finish before my jinx of a sister stepped on the disk.

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010-06-22 23:36:00 »
 sadly one of those games I didn't get to finish before my jinx of a sister stepped on the disk.
[/quote]

Ouch, that sucks. You can find it on amazon.com for pretty cheap actually,lol.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010-06-22 23:37:30 »
Ahh, Legend of Dragoon. One of my favorite RPGs. I plomise, I will *never* get tired of that battle system. It's practically a bloody rhythm game. :P :P And the dialogue is extremely cheesez0rz, I love it. Wait what? Dart dies by the hands claws of the green dragon and dreams of Rose saving him, and the rest is just his life flashing by him before he dies? GAAAH! @_@

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010-06-22 23:40:52 »
Ahh, Legend of Dragoon. One of my favorite RPGs. I plomise, I will *never* get tired of that battle system. It's practically a bloody rhythm game. :P :P And the dialogue is extremely cheesez0rz, I love it. Wait what? Dart dies by the hands of the green dragon and dreams of Rose saving him, and the rest is just his life flashing by him before he dies? GAAAH! @_@

It's my favorite game,lol. And now you're just getting crazy. There is no death of Dart or any of the main characters, except for Lavitz, who gets replaced by Albert, and then another character at the end, though I don't wanna spoil who it is for any who haven't finished the game yet. But my point is, no one else dies, and Dart definitely doesn't.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010-06-23 10:34:37 »
Ok, well, all that makes sense, but I really don't think that Squall is dead in the game or anything. Yeah, everythign is weird, but that's just how some games are,lol.
vague endings never get old.

personally, i think this is one well researched theory backed by quite a lot of assumptions. and it makes a lot of sense. what i dislike about it is that it makes all gameplay after disc1 feel a bit pointless.

i'd stick to believing that squall didn't die and was spared because edea remembered him from orphanage. for that same reason she spared your party members at tv station (when talking to seifer) and had seifer follow her.

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010-06-23 11:30:34 »

personally, i think this is one well researched theory backed by quite a lot of assumptions. and it makes a lot of sense. what i dislike about it is that it makes all gameplay after disc1 feel a bit pointless.

i'd stick to believing that squall didn't die and was spared because edea remembered him from orphanage. for that same reason she spared your party members at tv station (when talking to seifer) and had seifer follow her.

Actually, I think the whole thing was just someone over thinking the whole thing instead of just wanting to see it for waht it was, which would be what you believe it to be.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010-06-23 15:55:58 »

Oh lulz that would actually make some sense. :) My ultimate guess would have been for the convenience of the plot cuz square likes to do that, without explaining anything. :P

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010-06-23 18:39:00 »
Watch from 4:20.

It does seem like he is coming to terms with his own death.

ehhh? i think it was just for dramatic effect lol. make main character seem he's lost the battle, and is unable to recall the memories that are supposed to save him. then he is saved very dramatically.

lol serious i think there should be a new meme.
what if i'm dead and dreaming since the end of disc 1

smf052910

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010-06-23 19:34:34 »

This is what I was always led to believe, and I still do, but considering other possibilities allows for a different perspective while playing.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010-06-23 20:22:58 »
Gaming experience may differ when offline

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010-06-23 20:37:18 »
Gaming experience may differ when offline

Especially since it's a game that can't be played online,lol. And really, the whole idea of Squall being dead was prolly someone's idea of trying to get attention.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010-06-23 21:08:14 »
Looks like blackdeathmessenger is having a really hard time taking this information in.

blackdeathmessenger

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010-06-23 21:12:29 »
Looks like blackdeathmessenger is having a really hard time taking this information in.

No I'm not, I just think the whole idea of it is an absolute farce which is making people over think the the reality of their games.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010-06-23 23:38:25 »

No I'm not, I just think the whole idea of it is an absolute farce which is making people over think the the reality of their games.

Agreed.