Author Topic: *ANOTHER* FFX pc post...  (Read 44195 times)

Anonymous

*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« on: 2001-05-24 18:03:00 »
I'm just praying that what they say is TRUE, (that is, that FFX is really going to appear on the PC) and not just another rumor. I haven't seen anything anywhere else about it, sothat makes me worry. Also, the fact that they didn't port FFIX. But of course, there IS square's history of inconsistently bringing the Final Fantasy games overseas, and that consoles me into thinking that this is just another of their little 'inconsistencies'. Anyway, if anyone saw reports of a FFX port anywhere else on the net, please post it and relieve me of my anxiousness.

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #1 on: 2001-05-24 19:17:00 »
HA!

Square's gonna release FFX for the PC, and they're gonna call it FFIXpc. :wink:

M0T

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #2 on: 2001-05-24 21:01:00 »
But then, for extra money, they are going to re-releae it as FFX PC as well  :)

Anonymous

*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #3 on: 2001-05-25 01:32:00 »
Could you actually provide me with a useful answer, versus just mocking me?

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #4 on: 2001-05-25 09:29:00 »
Hey man i dont think they are mocking you... i think they were just bashing square... and or all the hype and rumors started about all the ports to ff7 and 8 and all that crap...

Joey

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #5 on: 2001-05-25 14:49:00 »
Hey, If FFX is not released for PC, Square will suffer a big loss, ok?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #6 on: 2001-05-25 18:00:00 »
Man for once Joey you are SOOOOO right. Square will suffer a big loss in the head department if they dont do this posrt and do it DAMN well!

Ant

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #7 on: 2001-05-25 18:05:00 »
Did Square ever give a reason for not making FFIXPC?

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #8 on: 2001-05-25 19:31:00 »
Couldn't be arsed?

Perhaps because FF8 didn't do quite as well as it could have. I don't think FF7/8 did as well on PC as they did on Playstation. If you think about it ... they never added much extra onto the conversions. With FF7 that was OK because not everyone had 3D cards when it came out, so you didn't expect amazing effects. By now though, PSX graphics look soooo bad compared to PC games that a straight conversion would look horrible compared to a native PC game.

Of course they could do a proper conversion that spruced things up, but Square doesn't seem to like doing that.

Once they're into PS2 territory though, the games'll look good enough that a PC conversion wouldn't be quite so laughable.

M0T

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #9 on: 2001-05-25 19:37:00 »
I also think that the studio that did the last two conversions were working on the film so they couldn't. Also fice made a good point, they'd have to spend a lot of time making it look good for the pc so they may just not bothered.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #10 on: 2001-05-25 23:02:00 »
I just hope with this port they dont cut the graphics down insanely so that it willl run on TNT cards! And I hope I hav emy bloody 1.4 T-Bird by then as well! Please god!

Anonymous

*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #11 on: 2001-05-26 02:19:00 »
Y'know, something just occurred to me. Have you all heard of the remakes of FFVII, VIII and IX for the PS2?  Maybe they didn't want to release the PS1 IX so they could release the souped-up version instead.... something to ponder!

Joey

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #12 on: 2001-05-26 06:02:00 »
Qhimm has said many times indirectly many times why FF9 can't be released for PC. The line "FF9 uses all of the special effects in PSX" tells us this. And, I think that FF9 for PC has already begun a very long time ago by square(since 1999). It was unreleased maybe due to the bugs in the code(Crashing everytime in battles)unless they "emulate" the files from the PSX version.(PSX uses Gameshark for debugging meanwhile PC uses WinICE).

And, Qhimm, check your e-mail, now.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #13 on: 2001-05-26 07:02:00 »
Sorry, but no. Technically there's no reasons at *all* why they couldn't port FF9. The fact ePSXe can *emulate* it shows that! They didn't port it for other reasons - marketing or whatever, it wasn't because it would have been technically difficult. The FF style engines are pretty easy to program; you don't have many of the considerations that other engines do.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #14 on: 2001-05-26 16:32:00 »
Your right Ficedula. I dont know what would be so hard about telling a pc to have a bunch of charatcers walk around on a screen. I think ePSXe does a better job than port would do any way.

Trilinear

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #15 on: 2001-05-27 16:34:00 »
"Did Square ever give a reason for not making FFIXPC?"

I figured it was, like ficedula said, marketing.  A number of the reviews I saw in some pc gaming magazines of the ff7 and ff8 pc ports were not so good.  Plus (this is pure speculation I could very well be wrong) I don't think the pc ports sold nearly as well as the psx versions.  They probably felt it wasn't worth the effort.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #16 on: 2001-05-29 03:08:00 »
I think it's because of the graphics. FF9's graphics are more reminiscent of FF7. FF8's graphics were a complete jump from FF7 as far as the battle engine and the summons (Square was really proud about those). Guess some "Big Head" at Square thought that they would get flamed or something about FF9 looking like FF7 and not FF8.

They need to fire that "big head".....
I think FF9's story is better than FF7's. And the playablility is a lot longer. FF7's is about 40 hours, FF9 is a good 60 hours.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #17 on: 2001-05-29 14:51:00 »
Threesisxty could you complete FFVII in 33 hours if you dont do any of the secrets first time though? First time though FFVII the first disk took me 24hours(But then again I was an FF rokie then)but while FFIX first time though took me 33 hours(Going to try and get that down to 30 at least this time. Then go back and do the secrets as I can.)so dont go saying FFIX has 60hours in it! I do know how you would play it to get 60 hours out of the game!

But any way I dissagree again with your notion of thinking that Sqaure would get flamed for FFIX Pc. The character in my view achally looked better since they featured more polygons to them and a higer texture resalution. Although cause of 16bit colour the battle sceanes in most cases only looked a little better than FFIX. A Pc port of this game could have rocked. But no. Now I am all for ePSXe I feel that it is better than any half arsed port. So there.

Ah well thats just my 2 cents. Sure you have yours.

Threesixty

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #18 on: 2001-05-29 23:22:00 »
....they got flamed for FF7PC's compatiblity, and FF8PC's Music, wave effects, and backdrops.

And I did use the word "about". It's a good 20% longer, anyways. And I was speaking more towards the fun hours of play...not the tedious part of leveling up and beating every little thing, in the game.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #19 on: 2001-05-30 02:11:00 »
Threesixty now you have forced to to fly though FFVII as fast as I can then do the same in FFIX. Thanks. :P

eerrrr

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #20 on: 2001-05-30 21:13:00 »
what!?!? well on the playstation the ff8 graphics were shite. Squall looked like a stick man on the world map. ff9's graphics are one of the best ive seen on the playstation yet. and the only reason ff8 MIGHT last longer is cos the monsters level up with you so it could take ages to kill a little bum if you're at lv 99.

Threesixty

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #21 on: 2001-05-30 23:03:00 »
Guess I shouldn't have said anything....I don't own a Playstation. I should have realized that it's not a fair comparison. emulated FF9 vs. released PC ports of 7 and 8.

Maybe it was about 50 hours not 40, for FF7....
Hey, I haven't played FF7 for about 5 months my memory of those little details isn't that good.

I still say FF9 has longer playability than FF7, though....

Anonymous

*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #22 on: 2001-05-30 23:51:00 »
yes, they're making FFX for pc (i think squaresoft announced it at e3). But my system is so slow im buying a ps2 just for that game.

M0T

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #23 on: 2001-05-31 02:11:00 »
 When they port FFX do you think it will run on directx 8 I mean FF8 would only work on Directx 6 even though 7 was out. Also I had no sound for ages in that bit where you do the band with my live card until they fixed in- which meant a 9mb patch, i wish id known about the patches on Dags site or werent they ups at that point - I forget.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #24 on: 2001-05-31 18:50:00 »
Hopefully they will use some of the features of DirectX 8 and of corse GeForce 3!  :D

But they will be dick faggots if they dont at least put in an Option for the T&L that the GeForce 2 has! If they just put it though direct 3d they dont count on it looking like the Ps2 version. With T&L though they might be able to....