Author Topic: *ANOTHER* FFX pc post...  (Read 44196 times)

The SaiNt

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #75 on: 2001-06-18 08:31:00 »
Just a note.
I'm watching this thread.
You know why.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #76 on: 2001-06-18 13:12:00 »
is that a warning?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #77 on: 2001-06-18 16:31:00 »
Alright I had a good look thought the files with consmo I think. I looked at a hellava lot of text but I didnt see much strange stuff. Any one know an easyer way of navigateing it all? Rather than just picking a file out of the loads of them and hopeing?

Thanls.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #78 on: 2001-06-18 17:44:00 »
No it's not  :)

I'm not the mod of this forum so what makes you think I'm sending out a warning?

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #79 on: 2001-06-18 19:12:00 »
You can use Search/Replace to search all the files in Cosmo for some text.

Plus, if you hold down [Control] while clicking on the Search button, Cosmo dumps the text from all the game files into TXT files in the Cosmo folder; then you can search them using whatever tool (Windows Find Files, Word, etc) you want.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #80 on: 2001-06-19 02:17:00 »
Thanks Ficedula I will try that later.

MMiller8

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #81 on: 2001-06-19 02:24:00 »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGH! WE'RE BEING WATCHED!  I KNEW IT!  I'LL NEVER PIMP DLL's AGAIN!!!!!!!!! I PROMISE!!!! OHHHH, WHAT A WORL-  wait, why exactly ARE you watching it? :)

The Skillster

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #82 on: 2001-06-19 02:44:00 »
duh
hes the mod of the ff7 remake forum, hes looking at these interesting posts about ff7 plot (reminds me of the ff8 endings topic)

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #83 on: 2001-06-19 05:15:00 »
I tell you what would be a nice start.....of a remake of FF7... to fix the dialog. There are lots of dialog in that game which makes absolutely no sense...I'm sure they are translation errors, or maybe the statements were to racey for America, and they couldn't think of anything to say...so they put in a bunch of giberish.

Best examples, are The couple outside the train station....the one that keeps saying WOW!. and then later on they colapse...I guess it's supposed to be funny, but it makes no sense to me. There are the two Shinra Guards on the bottom of the Piller backdrop. when you leave for the next mission, with Barret and Tifa, when you talk to the two guys, the conversition doesn't make sense. Guard 2 asks Guard 1 something like, 'Cloud, do you find me intemedating?....Lot's of times the same bubble text answers the question so it looks like only one Guard is talking. It has to be a screw up in the translation and bubble layout. Another that comes to mind is when Aeris tells Cloud "Not to let it get to you!" when they are in the Church and that guy walks in. That statement seems to have two meanings, when Im sure it was supposed to have only one. It could be taken, Don't let that guy bother you....like don't hurt him. Or it can be, Don't let him get near you!. I'm sure it's supposed to be the latter. But it can go either way, so it becomes confusing. These small things are all over the game. If you want to do some practice patches...this would be a good place to start, I think. You could also edit Barret's censors..heheh. And just about everything that Jessie says, doesn't sound quite right....Also what could be fixed is Jessie's Card excuse. And Yuffies and Cloud's first conversation on the Highwind. There is also a small matter of the way Gast's video tapes are named. In Japan your ages starts at conception.

The next step would be to alter the gameplay....reduce the damage of Cloud's party, and increase enemies hitpoints....stuff like that. Balance the gameplay, to where Tents are actually needed.

Anyway....guess I strayed.

[This message has been edited by Threesixty (edited June 19, 2001).]

MMiller8

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #84 on: 2001-06-19 08:04:00 »
Ahhhh... conspiracy theories put to rest.  Good to know, I should have caught that, though.

The Skillster

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #85 on: 2001-06-19 10:28:00 »
good points 360
buuuut, they are irrelavent to the remake, but i see what u are talkin about.
i figure it be easy to just change the text, but the position of the text boxes and stats of enemies and party are way away in terms of technical progress at this moment in time,
but ill bare that in mind

eerrrr

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #86 on: 2001-06-19 20:53:00 »
I think they make sense. When they collapsed on eachother I kinda guessed they were kissing or something, thats why when you talk to them again they're kinda gasping for breath or something. Or maybe something ruder, since they kept saying something like "Let's do it right here" "I dont care anymore". As for the "dont let it get to you" bit, that makes sense. If it ment dont let him get to you it would say HIM instead of IT.

Threesixty

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #87 on: 2001-06-19 23:07:00 »
Well, Aeris' don't let it get to you...makes very little sense, to me. Mainly because he is later trying to kill Cloud and Aeris. (At least when you first play the game, that is what your thinking.) So I think she meant don't let him get near you....

And the FF7PC version doesn't say that when they collapse.....It says something else,....can't remember right now....I'll say later. But I'm sure it makes no sense. If it is what you say, I would have made sense out of it. I'll replay later to-night. it 1:00pm right now...and my lunch break is over.....AHHHHH I'm already late!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: I just re-edited my soundfonts...I think they sound a little better now, but they still need improvements.

Anonymous

*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #88 on: 2001-06-20 08:43:00 »
It's not a theory. The page is constantly updated, so the response to me was left out. Square speficically stated that Zack cannot be recruited, but left no mention whether or not you can find him. That leaves a bit of room, kinda like a classic Squaresoft hint  :wink:
Also, when I mentioned to them the game code, they kinda edited that part out...completely....
The point of Aeris getting ressurected. Explain why she has some speech text *after* she dies, and why parts of the story point to her somehow gaining new life? There's no way to rezz her, but part of the quest is still there, and the story was left open for it. I don't buy into that it's important to the story she dies...alot of specific terminology states otherwise.
Anyway, Zack is the guy in the tube in the slums...you actually can help him...you're supposed to give someone (I'm pretty sure it's the janitor) your pharmacy coupon you get, and then you get the option of helping him. Besides, check out his hair O.o;;

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #89 on: 2001-06-20 09:18:00 »
I know what you mean about some things not making sense.  There are more parts I could point out, but I can't think of them off the top of my head . . .

. . . I always thought those two at the train station were committing suicide (I shoot you, you shoot me ). . . the way they're like "I'm sick of this."

BTW:  Thinking of SoundFonts, 360, have you downloaded mine yet?  I wanted to hear your opinion, considering you've also written an FF7 SoundFont.

Joey

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #90 on: 2001-06-20 13:20:00 »
Is FF7 really that complicated???

eerrrr

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #91 on: 2001-06-20 21:46:00 »
Okay Joey, let's hear your opinions on this.

ficedula

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #92 on: 2001-06-20 21:48:00 »
Why is there speech for Aeris in locations after she's died? Check the game files; there's speech mixed between ALL the game locations. For example; the scene after the Bike chase in Midgar, at the end of the road, contains a lot of dialogue between Reeve and the President which you'd expect to hear in the pres's office. Does this mean Square originally intended the president to have his office on the end of a half-constructed motorway? No, it means lots of files in FF7 contain useless dialogue.
Just one explanation...

MMiller8

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #93 on: 2001-06-20 22:44:00 »
Wow, ficedula*.  I got goosebumps! :o

*I'm not being sarcastic.

Threesixty

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #94 on: 2001-06-20 23:08:00 »
Actually....I edited them not created   :D.

Naw, I haven't tried any FF7 soundfonts....what's the address.....maybe I'll borrow some of you instruments   :wink:

Actually I made some volume changes on mine. I messed up on the Drums..., but I'm about to upload the older drum sets....I'm going to have to do a lot of editing to get the volume of the drums to sound good. That's going to be my next Version/Project.

so If you downloaded Yesterdays fonts...doubt anyone bothered...the Drums are way out of Volume....

http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/

http://pages.prodigy.net/360/" TARGET=_blank>http://pages.prodigy.net/360/  

I've also started a complete Dialog Script. I'm typing down every piece of Dialog that happens in FF7....Don't ask me why? I just am. 4 hours of play/typing, and I'm just arriving at Aeris' house...boy this is going to be a long process. I'm not sure If I want/should give this script out....but I imagine it would help those who are making the remake project...

I can type out exactly what that couple was saying at the lamppost....but I can't do it right now....

Ahhh!!!! I'm late for work again!

[This message has been edited by Threesixty (edited June 22, 2001).]

ficedula

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #95 on: 2001-06-20 23:56:00 »
I hate to mention this ... but Cosmo *can* dump all of the game script of disk. Admittedly it won't tell you which text is used and which is useless crap, which I talked about above, but nevertheless...

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #96 on: 2001-06-21 16:10:00 »
Stop spioling ThreeSixtys fun Fice.

Anonymous

*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #97 on: 2001-06-21 05:13:00 »
Curious, what are you using to read the text from teh game files?

Threesixty

• View Profile
*ANOTHER* FFX pc post...
« Reply #98 on: 2001-06-21 07:54:00 »
I'm really doing this just for me....so when discussion come up about FF7, again. I can have the actual scenes to back up, or kill what I'm saying. I'm just trying to find stuff that I missed...I'm not sure if I want to put it on my webpage. 'cause it's really going to be the whole game in text format.

Oh and the lamp conversation goes like this:

Couple by lamppost:

Guy:
I’m not letting you go tonight.

Girl:
Wow!

Guy:
Isn’t there somewhere we could go to be alone?

Girl:
Wow!
There’s only the graveyard around here. And they say there’s ghosts around too!

Guy:
…damn.

Gril:
What?

Guy:
I’ve had it!

Girl:
Me too.

Guy:
You know this is the first time we’ve ever agreed on something.

Girl:
Yes…

Guy:
Well then, shall we?

Girl:
Yes…

(I have no idea what the point of this is)

One of them, (girl?):
urggh….

The other, (guy?)
…huff…wheez

-------------------------------

TiadaghtonDude: If your web page is Somedude....Your links are dead. If not guess you can ignore the following.

First of all, you files size is too big. GeoCities won't let Big files out. Second of all the extention is causing problems...Frankly I'm surprised you were able to upload Sf2 files with the sf2 extension. Put .zip at the end. Use your Winrar program...and beef down the size to about a meg, with mutlitple Disk Spanning. They'll DL from GeoCity, then....(best to test them, too.

[This message has been edited by Threesixty (edited June 22, 2001).]