Author Topic: Final Fantasy X Is Being Remade For PlayStation 3 And Vita  (Read 40042 times)

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/13/final-fantasy-x-is-being-remade-for-playstation-3-and-vita/

Square Enix are remaking Final Fantasy X for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, they announced at Sony’s ongoing press conference in Tokyo. Shinji Hashimoto appeared on stage to announce the games as an anniversary event.

More details will be made available later.

Thoughts?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I'd be willing to bet this is one of those remasters that's so popular right now. Exact same game, but with some widescreen and a touch of HD.

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
Like the "PSP Remaster" series?

If done, I assume X would look something like this, only better:

http://i.imgur.com/0akhX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hWlKb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Oq8Gx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TVhZO.jpg

ultima espio

• View Profile
It'll just be a port with a filter. Wow.

fantasycloud

• View Profile
so what exactly does it mean,,,, they will remake the game or they will add some enhancements to become hd?.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
so what exactly does it mean,,,, they will remake the game or they will add some enhancements to become hd?.

They'll probably upscale, widescreen, and smooth. It'll be like the God of War collection.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
A game we never really needed in the first place. :-X

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
A great game but this is yet another cash in.  Am I right in saying it will mostly be upscaling?

ultima espio

• View Profile
Pretty much.

If it was bundled with X-2, and maybe even XII that would be better.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
things the world doesn't need

alloy

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy X Is Being Remade For PlayStation 3 And Vita
« Reply #10 on: 2011-09-14 23:24:24 »
They remade ff 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... and 10. But  7 8 9? the 3 games that would REALLY make a giant impression into HD noope.
FF10 doesn't need a HD port. Only reason why ps2 didn't support HD is because Sony was so damn stingy with video ram.
Bah only if this game ends up looking like ff13 should it be sold to anyone >_>

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-09-14 23:52:13 »
half of those they didnt even remake, just mostly port.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-09-15 00:51:08 »
If they gave ffx the same treatment the god of war games received I would purchase it. I enjoyed ffx and have not played it in a long time.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-09-15 01:20:58 »
I'm definitely buying this. My PS2 hasn't been used in a LONG time, this is much better. I've been waiting for them to do this. A pack with X-2 and XII would be better though!

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-09-15 01:32:49 »
I'm going to be getting this too. Overall, I enjoyed this game. They better use the International version though.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-09-15 01:34:40 »
I'd be happy with the version we got in the UK, which as I understand it pretty much IS the international version. With the dark aeons and penance and stuff? The choice between Japanese and English voice acting would also be nice though.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011-09-15 01:42:44 »
Yeah dark aeons and Penance. And a choice for the Japanese voice acting would be wonderful because honestly, I hated Tidus's voice.

killuminati777

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-09-15 18:39:32 »
Well, im not gonna lie, i will buy this when it comes out, and i dont wanna bash square enix, these guys rock and without them we would have never gotten
ff7 in the first place, but i do think that these guys make all the wrong decisions, they really need to listen to the fans. And i dont know why, but there's a voice
deep down inside me that tells me they will remake ff7 one day, it is coming, i truly believe that, lol...or maybe i just want to believe it, haha :P

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-09-15 19:16:54 »
Omg omg omg im defo going to get this day 1 for the ps3 and ps vita (day 1 buy for that console too :))

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-09-15 19:18:40 »
@E1SUNZ: Please read the PM i send you...

Calone

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011-09-15 22:30:18 »
Well, im not gonna lie, i will buy this when it comes out, and i dont wanna bash square enix, these guys rock and without them we would have never gotten
ff7 in the first place, but i do think that these guys make all the wrong decisions, they really need to listen to the fans. And i dont know why, but there's a voice
deep down inside me that tells me they will remake ff7 one day, it is coming, i truly believe that, lol...or maybe i just want to believe it, haha :P

That's not true. Squaresoft was responsible for FF7. That is just me, playing semantics.
I agree with everything else, though.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011-09-15 22:53:31 »
I've actually been expecting this for a while, because there were rumours a few years ago that this was happening. I wouldn't be surprised if they remade X-2 and XII too. I'd buy both. Cash-in or not, they were all great games in one way or another and the ability to play them in beautiful HD can only enhance what was once an enjoyable experience. Plus trophies for those that care!

I don't get why people are acting like they should be announcing a FF7 remake instead. They'd have to entirely re-work that game from the ground up, and they'd probably totally bastardise it in the process - they're like a completely different company now. It's far easier for them to upscale/update graphics and textures for PS2 games, and I'd much rather they did that and be able to enjoy the same great experience (only enhanced) than them completely change it; which is what they'd have to do to VII.

What we want from a FF7 remake is never going to happen.

killuminati777

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011-09-15 23:13:24 »
That's not true. Squaresoft was responsible for FF7. That is just me, playing semantics.
I agree with everything else, though.

Yea i know, that was just me typing fast and didnt think much, lol...But you all know what i meant by that, hehe :P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011-09-15 23:17:01 »
They have already stated that FF7 would take too long to do in HD.  i.e. they can't be arsed puttin in the effort of an older game when they can get by on the mediocrity of the new ones.  Why spend 10 years making FF7 in 720p when you can rerelease FFX etc with a simple upscaling and make a wedge of money.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011-09-15 23:35:05 »
Or they realise that the way they would want to remake it would piss off the original fans. Re-releasing the PS2 era games is a great move.