Author Topic: Final Fantasy X Is Being Remade For PlayStation 3 And Vita  (Read 40045 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Final Fantasy X Is Being Remade For PlayStation 3 And Vita
« Reply #50 on: 2011-09-22 16:05:26 »
We have long since established that some people just can't get around to let go of their goddamn fanboyism and use logic
Because that'd be behaving like actual sentient life.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #51 on: 2011-09-22 16:10:52 »
It is outrageous what Kitase is saying there, he is blatantly admitting that a game from 1996-7 had more quality than todays games.

Todays quality games like, DNF? The market is saturated with dumb games and the quality games are harder to find. It does seem that games that spent more times on visuals lack in gameplay or story and vice versa. Since FF7 is a quality game it would take a long time ( though not really 30 years) to get the graphics on par with the rest of it.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2011-09-23 21:55:29 »
Now that I really do not understand. Why fully remake X? Disregarding peoples opinions on FFVII, it really is a guaranteed cash cow.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #54 on: 2011-09-23 22:10:11 »
Honestly, games have not become demonstrably worse over the last decade. I can think of scores of piss-poor PSOne games and even more horrid SNES / MegaDrive era titles. The only reason 'classic games' seem better is that, by definition, you forget the unmemorable elements and recall only the extraordinary titles.

FF post FFX has been fairly crap, though. I guess FFTA-2 was... tolerable, but XII and XIII were fucking dire.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-24 17:02:10 by Bosola »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2011-09-23 22:46:14 »
My 3 favourite series have.  FF, MGS and Resident Evil.  All of them are worse now.  I did not mean "games" I meant FF games.

There is also a tradition these days to appeal to the lowest common denominator.  Everything has to be 3D and shoot em up style.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2011-09-23 22:49:51 »
Not sure if it's true or not but..

http://techdeville.com/2011/09/23/final-fantasy-x-for-the-ps3-and-ps-vita-will-be-a-proper-remake/
Eh, I don't believe it for a second. If this was true, the bigger sites, or at least a few that are known for reliable leaks, would be all over it.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: 2011-09-24 17:24:47 »
There is also a tradition these days to appeal to the lowest common denominator.  Everything has to be 3D and shoot em up style.

Then I'd better leave you to enjoy lofty classics like the 18 (eighteen!) identical NBA games and Austin Powers Pinball.

sedef122003

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2011-09-24 21:21:06 »
FF post FFX has been fairly crap, though. I guess FFTA-2 was... tolerable, but XII and XIII were f*cking dire.

I agree that 13 was not very good but I personally consider 12 to be one of the best games in the series.

In regards to the 10 remake/remaster I will most likely play it as I enjoyed the game but it is not something I would have asked for

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2011-09-24 21:24:00 »
If they gave ffx the same treatment the god of war games received I would purchase it. I enjoyed ffx and have not played it in a long time.

Same here.

FF post FFX has been fairly crap, though. I guess FFTA-2 was... tolerable, but XII and XIII were f*cking dire.

I like FFXII, and would even buy it if they released the International Zodiac Job System with HD graphics & 60 FPS, on PS3. Sure, the story and dungeons are boring - both sometimes sleep-inducing, but if you take it like some kind of pretty and immersive hack n'slash, it delivers nicely.

As for FFXIII, since I could finish it once and complete all the side-quests, it couldn't really be considered a bad game (bad games I can only play for 10 minutes at max). I even know people who like the game. But it's definitely a bad FF. The story is indeed moronic and the whole gameplay so restrictive, you'd be forced to do the exact same things again (be it in the menus, on the field, or in battle) if you were to play through it a second time. It's like, the epitome of linearity, not only in the story & the environments but also in your gameplay choices. Most of the time, it's either "do it" or "don't do it" (Ravager -> Stagger -> kill enemy ; advance in the crystarium or don't... ...and don't get me started on the equipment system).

...I don't know why I felt the need to rant about FFXIII : most of you are already convinced of its flaws >.>
« Last Edit: 2011-09-24 21:26:14 by Armorvil »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2011-09-25 16:02:20 »
XII and XIII both suffer with the same problem.  Lazy design and lazy story and lazy gameplay dynamics.  I know lots of people like XII and XIII but I am afraid they both suffer with glaring faults.

I don't like a game playing without even needing an operator.  I prefer some form of intelligent input, a creative spark.  12 and 13 are anything but.  There wasn't a story in XII really, and XIII's is a joke.  Couple it all together and you have someone who has left FF behind.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-25 16:05:36 by DLPB »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #61 on: 2011-09-25 17:42:38 »
I know lots of people like XII and XIII but I am afraid they both suffer with glaring faults are wrong

Fixed.

sedef122003

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2011-09-26 01:34:09 »
I don't like a game playing without even needing an operator.  I prefer some form of intelligent input, a creative spark.  12 and 13 are anything but.  There wasn't a story in XII really, and XIII's is a joke.  Couple it all together and you have someone who has left FF behind.
Either you never really played ff12 or you are being obtuse on purpose. Every character in your party can be controlled with you choosing everything that they do, the gambits were an option, you did not have to use them. You get as much control of the characters as you did in any of the preceding final fantasies.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2011-09-26 01:46:15 »
The gambits are not an option.  They are a technical option in that if you choose not to use them your life in XII is made miserable.  It is bad game design to make a tacky useless and easy system the most beneficial. Telling me I can use an inferior system (my own inputs) is like telling me I have the ability to use manual in a jet airliner for the whole journey.

There are numerous examples of XII and its retarded system, from Summons taking your MP to 0, to them being automatically controlled as you run about,  Utterly worthless.  Hardly any real minigames, all again relegated to battles which offer nothing but crap prizes.  Random treasure that is worthless, not being able to get the most powerful weapons without being glued to a guide, the thin story and non existent character development (don't bother telling me there was any, it was so weak I could have written it on a stamp), nothing to really break up monotony.. all you did was run around huge areas and finish off 1000 monsters with the dumbest system imaginable.

It was a game aimed at the low intellect.  It made money because graphics are all that matter these days and because it was called Final Fantasy.  Compared to FF7-10 it was a massive dumbing down, and the reason they thought it was great removing 2 playable characters in XIII is because people like yourself salivated over XII.

I am tired of watching this series sink further into brain dead because people continually accept these mindless releases.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-26 01:50:10 by DLPB »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2011-09-26 02:02:17 »
I didn't really enjoy FFXII all that much, but I actually found the gambit system to be quite intuitive. It required strategy and a great deal of thought to plan properly for certain fights, and the option to do it manually was also great. The only real problem I had was with the fact that the characters didn't really end up with specific roles (although they may have started there). So really you ended up with 6 heavy sword weilders absolutely smashing their way through the game. I tried not to play it that way, but it seemed a bit pointless.

Also, it was a far more open game than X, but I still preferred X.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2011-09-26 02:04:02 »
the internation version of FFXII was pretty cool when compared with the standard one.. especialy duo to the job system.. u guys should google the differences, its pretty neat

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2011-09-26 02:07:18 »
I didn't really enjoy FFXII all that much, but I actually found the gambit system to be quite intuitive. It required strategy and a great deal of thought to plan properly for certain fights, and the option to do it manually was also great. The only real problem I had was with the fact that the characters didn't really end up with specific roles (although they may have started there). So really you ended up with 6 heavy sword weilders absolutely smashing their way through the game. I tried not to play it that way, but it seemed a bit pointless.

You should try the International Zodiac Job System version.

sedef122003

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2011-09-26 03:30:27 »
It was a game aimed at the low intellect.  It made money because graphics are all that matter these days and because it was called Final Fantasy.  Compared to FF7-10 it was a massive dumbing down, and the reason they thought it was great removing 2 playable characters in XIII is because people like yourself salivated over XII.

I am tired of watching this series sink further into brain dead because people continually accept these mindless releases.

look I think we are going to continually disagree on the merits or lack thereof of ff12 so I will leave my personal feeling on that game aside. I will say though, you mention that "Compared to FF7-10 it [12] was a massive dumbing down" first, these four games play very differently as every final fantasy should at least to an extent. If you consider 12 to be dumbed down from the previous releases then you could say that 9 was dumbed down from the previous release. ff8 had what some woud consider to be a complex system namely junctioning, whereas 9 was much easier to pickup and understand how to play and how you learn techniques.

Every final fantasy fan or rpg fan will disagree on what is the best game in that series or genre, many people dont like final fantasy 7,8,9 or 10 (the four games you seem to believe were a pinnacle of the series) in fact it is thought that 7 was "dumbed down" compared to ff6. I like 12 even though I agre it has its faults, but I also enjoy ff7-10 and the games before them which also had faults of thier own and I am sure I will find merit in the so called "mindless releases" that will come in the future as many other people will as well

p.s. please don't imply that I have a low intellect simply because I like a videogame that you don't

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2011-09-26 03:46:03 »
I could sit here and list all the issues with XII compared to VII-X, but you will just do what everyone does, come back with "I liked that".  XII is factually and observably dumbed down.  I cannot make that any more plain.  It would be like making a thesis on why 2+2 equals 4.  Pointless.

As I have repeated numerous times, what people like has nothing to do with it. 

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2011-09-26 03:52:50 »
ITT "I'm right and you're wrong"

sedef122003

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2011-09-26 04:22:09 »
what people like has nothing to do with it. 

This may be the stupidest I have ever seen someone write. the infamous movie "Plan 9 from outer space" is obviously flawed, you can look at it critically and say why it is a badly made film , but I enjoy watching it no matter what . Peoples opinions on a product is the most important thing, I hated ff13, I got it a week before its commercial release and sold it a week later, but if someone were to say thats it is their favourite game ever then that is fine because its their choice. You could list all the problems with ff12 and I could do the same with ff7-10 because they also have problems but it wouldnt matter because you would still enjoy playing those games. Stop being so self rightous it is only a videogame

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #71 on: 2011-09-26 07:35:29 »
ITT "I'm right and you're wrong"

is the argument the party that is wrong uses all the time

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2011-09-26 12:40:15 »
Not at all, personally liking something has absolutely nothing to do with critical evaluation, and the fact you think it does proves I was right to terminate our conversation.

If you can't separate that fundamental point then there is no way you will ever think outside of the box.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2011-09-26 13:04:42 »
Not at all, personally liking something has absolutely nothing to do with critical evaluation

The problem is, you can't do critical evaluation on subjective matters.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2011-09-26 13:10:59 »
I have done plenty of times, but the come back along with many is "But I liked not having minigames" " I didn't mind the new challenge of selecting gambits to do all the work for me" "I didn't mind the new political story, I don't like all that character development stuff" "I didn't like NPC" "I didn't like traditional towns"

The come backs ignore everything people say on the matter because one can't accept the games one likes are low quality and dumbed down and contrary to what the basics of RPG are.

Nothing you like or excuse is going to change the fact that XII had a bare bones story and an awful gameplay compared to VII-X, no excuses you can make can hide the flaws of XIII and its 2 AI characters auto mode and its gauntlet play through.  There are real flaws, numerous and game breakers in both these games, and that isn't an opinion.  It is a fact.

You are asking me to pretend that there is some sort of opinion based discussion going on but like many things that is an illusion.  Again, what you like is what you like.  It is possible to like something that is flawed and/or dumbed down. That is your own personal preference... but please don't try to argue like because of this, the flaws don't matter or don't exist.

They do.

We have long since established that some people just can't get around to let go of their goddamn fanboyism and use logic
Because that'd be behaving like actual sentient life.

Maybe it just comes down to that.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-27 03:23:53 by DLPB »