Author Topic: Your Names...  (Read 37082 times)

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
Your Names...
« on: 2001-06-05 17:49:00 »
I've got one question...How did u come to your names? I'm askin' this because I wondered how some of u guys ('n girls) come to such coll names?
so I think, I've got to explain my Name first:

Alhexx is a mix of Alex (no, my real name isn't alex) and Hex (Hex-Editor  :wink:), so:
Alex + Hex = Alhexx

- Alhexx

M0T

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #1 on: 2001-06-05 18:47:00 »
My name is M0T Which is Tom backwards, but when I tried to sign up as that the first time I couldnt get MOT so i replaced the O with a 0 . Thats basically it really.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Your Names...
« Reply #2 on: 2001-06-05 20:34:00 »
Mine's kind of long to explain, but it explains me pretty well. My name is taken from "Haruhito Wada" it's an alias I used when I was doing research of my PSX project. Japanese are a bit xonophobic, you see. I used that name so that Japanese I chatted with online would talk to me a bit more freely. Social Engeneering at it's best. There are chinese characters for that name too. "Haru" is spring and "hito" is person. The last name is "wa" which is "old japan" and "da" is rice field.

The reason I chose "Haruhito" as the first name was because it was the first name of the Japanese character designer for "Macross" (Haruhito Mikimoto) It's because of that anime I speak Japanese today. Haruhito Mikimoto was often called "haru-kun" for short (-kun is a japanese term of endearment, kind of like -san is for honorable people) or simply "hal"

HAL is also the name of the computer in 2001. If you take the letters HAL and write out the next letter in sequence H becomes I, A becomes B, and L becomes M

HAL -> IBM

Which are the type of computers I program on.

The last name "Wada" was the last name of a dear Japanese friend when I lived in Japan from 1992-1996. Her name was Yukiko Wada. I had very strong feelings for her but was unable to communicte them very well because I didn't know enough Japanese at the time. This is another reason why I speek Japanese so well now. I use the Yukiko's name in the past tense because about a month ago she got married to an American serviceman in Japan. I beleave her last name is "Brown" now.

-halkun

"Wada Haruhito" in Japanese is this;
$B=U?MOBED(J

eerrrr

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #3 on: 2001-06-05 21:06:00 »
......I couldn't think of a name.

IamPissed187

Your Names...
« Reply #4 on: 2001-06-06 01:15:00 »
Well if you spell my name backwards.... no

It's just an acronym.... no

Well I use that one for every board I go to. And I was pissed at the time when I first made it.

tulkk

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #5 on: 2001-06-06 02:04:00 »
my nick? tulkk... just like that.. plain and simple.. what? what do you mean?! why tulkk?

well my fathers name was Hiro and my mother's name was Sophie.. my name is Mikael.. and therfore tulkk... huh? you don't get it? hmm.. maybe you gotta have a japanese father and a french mother to understand.. ;p

heh, acctually.. There was this punk singer in sweden called Ulke (qhimm ya know who i'm talkig about) and my friends said that i looked like him.. so they changed it a bit et voilá.. tulkk...

Anonymous

Your Names...
« Reply #6 on: 2001-06-06 16:56:00 »
dark - the absence of light

ness - a suffix. also the main character of some game for the NES. And appeared in super smash brothers.

honestly, i just chose a name.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Your Names...
« Reply #7 on: 2001-06-06 10:00:00 »
Back in the day in high school there was this girl "Mary Jane" and she was tripping on acid... and said i looked like the Cadbury Bunny, but she made me spell it Caddberry.. (the cadbury bunny and the cadbury cream egg that might just be an american thing i dunno)

That is the alias i use when i want people to well be able to know who i am ( i went to high school in new orleans part time then moved to Illinois ) my friends that is so if they ever see Caddberry they will know me.. I use another one for well ::: Cough ::: other reasons

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #8 on: 2001-06-06 15:07:00 »
I was sitting on my bed one thinking of the knights of the the round. And ~I thought of SirCanealot. Thats it nothing special at all.

MMiller8

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #9 on: 2001-06-06 18:33:00 »
Simple, really.  My dad's name is Mike Miller, and when we signed up for cable internet, there were already 7 MMiller's.  So we became MMiller8.  I just use it here for simplicity.

Jedimark

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #10 on: 2001-06-06 19:06:00 »
Well my name is Mark and I like Star Wars so.... Jedimark  :)

M0T

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #11 on: 2001-06-06 19:21:00 »
Cadbury's bunny and cream egg an american thing? Last time I checked they were a brittish company  :)

eerrrr

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #12 on: 2001-06-06 20:43:00 »
Yeah, I thought they were British too. How can you look like the Creme Egg bunny? Do you mean that lady bunny that's on the adverts?

M0T

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #13 on: 2001-06-06 21:40:00 »
Yeah thats probably what he meant.
And yeah Cadbury's is a brittish company they used to run the national lottery(camelot used to be a subsidary). Also they got all that stick for putting to much milk in their milk chocolate (from the european union) stupid brussels, they wouldnt change it and if they did there would be an outrage

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #14 on: 2001-06-07 02:45:00 »
how did i get skillster?
cant remember
but what im good at im very good at,
so i would say i have skill in those feilds,
so skillster was born,
primarily cos i was good at games others werent.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Your Names...
« Reply #15 on: 2001-06-07 10:48:00 »
Yeah Cadbury is a brittish company but most of you seem to be from malaysia damn i dont know how to spell that right now.. sorry .. and i suck at Geography so ... he he he there ya have it...

Joey

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #16 on: 2001-06-07 12:28:00 »
Well, I got mine from my friends. They taught that Joey was perfect for me, and I accepeted it. Although a famous female Hong Kong artist is also called Joey, but I assure you that I'm a boy. This is NOT my real name etiher. So, Alhexx, where do you come from and do you practise black magic?(hex = curse)

Joey

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #17 on: 2001-06-07 15:21:00 »
ANYONE!!! FINAL FANTASY FULL ALBUM MP3 DOWNLOADS, PLEEEZE!!!!

Alhexx

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #18 on: 2001-06-07 15:58:00 »
halkun: a bit complicated, but interesting (japanese? I'd also like to speak japanese (I'm a Manga/Anime Fan (Yeah, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gun Smith Cats, Ghost In The Shell, and so on(I wish i could understand what they'r talkin 'bout (I'm so jealous (damn, how many brackets do I have to close now?  :-? ))))))))))))))))))))

Skillster: cool...

All the others: interesting...

Joey: What the? FF Mp3 Album? What the heck r u talkin 'bout?

Alhexx(   :)): I think I've got to tell u that Alex was the girl I had my first kiss with...   :)

- Alhexx

[This message has been edited by Alhexx (edited June 07, 2001).]

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #19 on: 2001-06-07 16:09:00 »
Here Joey have some Mp3s!

*Hands joey cd of mp3s*

Explosive Mp3s that is!

*Cd explodes in Joey hand*

Mhahahahaha!

NO more Joey for us. Now hes just Road scum!

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Your Names...
« Reply #20 on: 2001-06-07 16:53:00 »
I'm a Japanese lit major. I currently have two teachers. One really cool but a bit nieve. When she asked why I wanted to be a Japanese lit major I said "Because The games are awesome, the cartoons are cool, and Japanese girls are gorgeous" She thought it was cute.

The other teacher, however is not very fond of my reasoning (possably becase she knows I'm telling the truth and not saying that to be "cute") I was recently humbled by her when I made the remark that Japanese text input into a computer was a pain because there were three differnt text standards (Jis, EUC, and iso-2990-jp) I added that after the language reform in 1969 that trimmed the characters from over 50,000 to 1,945 there was no need for such extreame fontsets and Unicode should be fine.

The reply made me have a whole appriciation for Japanese sarcasm.

"Did you know", she said, "that 90% of all keyboards are manufactured in Asia? How would you like it if we started removing keys from it. I mean, after all 'c' and 's' make almost the same sound. Oh, so do 'n' and 'm' so we'll just combine those as well. 'i' and 'j' look so much the same, we'll just drop one."

"Did you know", she added, "That when epson made an 8-pin printer in the 1980s was so they could print hiragana and katakana in one pass? It had absolutly nothing to do with making better looking "A"s and "B"s.

"And as far as Unicode goes. DO you know when the committe came up with that 'standard' they invited everyone execpt for China, Korea, and Japan? How would you feel of you had a bunch of countries trying to tell you how to code your own language."

oops, noever brough that up again

eerrrr

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #21 on: 2001-06-07 20:42:00 »
Oh dear, what was the teacher for? Like what subject?

Joey: Why don't you take your own time to look around on Napster, Google and other sites like http://www.mp3delivery.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mp3delivery.com  instead of just sitting around waiting for one of us to give them to you.

Alhexx

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #22 on: 2001-06-07 23:18:00 »
halkun: interesting...I think I can learn a much from u (not only 'bout Japan)

BTW: I hadn't had a chance to update Ultima (update with your decode of the .a fiels) 'till now

- Alhexx

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
Your Names...
« Reply #23 on: 2001-06-08 00:39:00 »
I use this nick, because I like the manga of the same name by Momoko Sakura very much. The main character is basically just like me on the early days....

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Your Names...
« Reply #24 on: 2001-06-08 13:10:00 »
The class was Japanese 425 I still have tio take my 300s in Japan next year.