Author Topic: Status of Mods and Tools with New FF7 PC  (Read 92747 times)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
Re: Status of Mods and Tools with New FF7 PC
« Reply #50 on: 2012-08-15 20:18:36 »
Nice hopefully this suffices can you add in this as well as the files inside
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Square Enix

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2012-08-15 20:39:41 »
i see what you mean and it is wrong.
that process worked with the hardcore patcher and the scene and kernel bin.
that process just doesnt apply here
the battle and magic lgp are already in data\battle on the old and the new same folder path
the char lgp is in data\field on the old and the new. same folder path
minigame folder is in data folder. same pathe

oh... ok...  :-D

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2012-08-15 21:12:32 »
i tried umi worked without a hitch. i got battle and field models. im not far enough to check world or minigame but i doubt theyd fail. just make sure its the right folder it will work. then normal precautions like disable antivirus and run as admin.

uninstall worked as well

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2012-08-15 21:16:55 »
In other words people who are having issues arent exercising common sense.

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2012-08-15 21:24:06 »
I believe someone earlier said they figured out their problem using UMI on the new release was that for some unknown reason, it was appending "New Folder" to the end of its installation path.

They didn't note it the first time around, assuming that it just had it right (as it normally would).  Second time, they deleted the extra folder so it was the correct, core path and it worked.

Others having issues may want to carefully verify the install path and try again.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2012-08-15 21:25:12 »
for the majority of errors i do believe that is the case.
 i have the old and new on my pc. the old is at
C:\games\ff7
and the new is at
C:\games\final fantasy vii
when i directed umi to the folder above for the new ff7 this is what it said
C:\games\final fantasy vii\ff7

i had to delete the \ff7 umi added on. maybe peoples eyes arent open and this is happening.

edit antonia beat me to what i was saying. i guess if they dont have the old installed it adds new folder and if you have the old installed it adds the last folder in the old install directory in my case ff7
« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 21:27:24 by squall8cloud7 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2012-08-15 21:28:42 »
I believe someone earlier said they figured out their problem using UMI on the new release was that for some unknown reason, it was appending "New Folder" to the end of its installation path.

They didn't note it the first time around, assuming that it just had it right (as it normally would).  Second time, they deleted the extra folder so it was the correct, core path and it worked.

Others having issues may want to carefully verify the install path and try again.

UMI wont find correct path for new ff7.  It can't...  People need to make sure the path is right.  That is common sense.  :mrgreen:

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2012-08-15 21:38:37 »
is there a good program to check md5. back to what sithlord was saying the signature in the xml doesnt match the md5 of the save. idk if i have a good program though

what would have to be done to get kranmers trainer working? wouldnt give us story progression or allow us to transfer saves but thatd be a way to cheat without editing saves. just for the record i cant even find the character booster. do i have to play to a certain point?

i think if i saw dlpb arguing in real life id grab popcorn and sit down. seems like itd be entertaining

edit
update for sith. if i copy paste rename save00 to save01. then copy the timestamps and signature  in the next block of the xml. neither file gets deleted by ff7. it also uploads them to the server and if i delete them it brings them back.   :D if someone wants to upload their saves and the metadata.xml ill try going cross user and post the results
« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 21:48:24 by squall8cloud7 »

Sebuzzie

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2012-08-15 22:09:23 »
@squall8cloud7 You can find the character booster on your online profile. (there's a button in the launcher) :)

kainhighwind2

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2012-08-15 22:27:24 »
I got UMI working, just gotta remember that, when installing, the installer automatically adds a"New Folder" to the end of whatever directory you set it to, so just delete that before actually installing, and you're good to go!

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2012-08-15 22:46:01 »
using another persons saves with their metadata.xml or updating your metadata.xml with info from theres doesnt work. they get deleted on and offline. so from the sounds of it the timestamp and signature have to relate to the save and be user specific

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2012-08-15 23:01:40 »
I was watching Terporfin's stream, and everytime he got to the point where you talk to the chocobos for the choco/mog materia, the music would play out, but the chocobos would dance indefinitely.

After 4 freezes, he finally replaced the music with the original and it worked fine...

I wonder what could have caused this?

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2012-08-15 23:32:03 »
I've just realised how to edit your save, for it to save on the cloud you have to be ingame while the changes take effect. (only tried manipulating exp and gil so far)
This might be old but we should be able to make a working trainer.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 23:33:34 by Datapack »

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2012-08-16 00:10:21 »
i just confirmed this. at the main menu when you hit continue you come to that screen with save 1 through save10. if you switch your save files from old release, other users on this release, or edit them with black chocobo they will stay and let you load them just save in any spot then

thank you datapack for finding this loophole

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2012-08-16 00:15:41 »
wow, i only used hex-edit when i was ingame... I should acutally thank you for this...

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2012-08-16 00:21:34 »
i was under the assuptions that trainers could be made. kranmer has one for the old release. i dont know how much work it would need to use on new release.  black chocobo and any save are now useable if you edit or replace them during that screen after you press continue. ill post a vid by the end of tonight if anyone needs one

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2012-08-16 00:27:44 »
Post it :D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2012-08-16 00:36:57 »
If the game does what I think it does, trainers and so forth would not be too hard to convert, since the addresses in the new game are just the old ones + C00

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2012-08-16 01:08:47 »
http://youtu.be/gj-s-OlTQXo

processing now should be good in a few

edit
new link lost connection while processing  and it froze
« Last Edit: 2012-08-16 01:34:34 by squall8cloud7 »

Tooks

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2012-08-16 02:04:41 »
I was watching Terporfin's stream, and everytime he got to the point where you talk to the chocobos for the choco/mog materia, the music would play out, but the chocobos would dance indefinitely.

After 4 freezes, he finally replaced the music with the original and it worked fine...

I wonder what could have caused this?
I think i found a similar issue. I just used the Inn in Wall Market Sector 6 and after the music died down I got to stare at a wonderfully nice black screen. I'll try replacing the ogg with the original to see if this is causing the issue.

Edit: Tested it a few times and can confirm that the original yado.ogg allows me to rest with no issues where as a higher quality yado.ogg doesn't. I'm using the Remastered Edition version so maybe thats something to test too. I'll try the Anxious Heart version to see if theres any change)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-16 02:12:53 by Tooks »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2012-08-16 02:33:58 »
 It might be the file length.  It might want a certain length of file.  If so that is a bit silly.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2012-08-16 02:58:49 »
just used kramers patch on the rerelease then did a bootleg install. i didnt see any flaws lets get testers on this

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: 2012-08-16 09:49:46 »
If the game does what I think it does, trainers and so forth would not be too hard to convert, since the addresses in the new game are just the old ones + C00

...Does that include the limit break data? If so, it should be pretty easy to update LiBrE (though there are times I favour rewriting the whole thing from scratch to better support multiple - i.e. international - releases)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2012-08-16 10:01:11 »
Yup, if the exe you have there is the same one as I have here for new game, it is only a matter of adding c00 to all addresses.  I'd have a double check at that, but I am fairly sure.  The old exe started 400h, the new one starts 0x1000.  The whole of 1.02 is there from 0x1000 onwards.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-16 10:02:55 by DLPB »

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2012-08-16 10:27:30 »
Does the UMI use the modpath for textures? Cause when testing it some of the battle textures only appeared as white models. If so some quality will be lost in the texture, as it'll have to be bumped down to 8-bit. However, my experience with FF7 modding is a bit dated. I never learned how to edit the game with aali's driver :P.