Author Topic: Starcraft Discussion Thread...  (Read 36577 times)

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
Starcraft Discussion Thread...
« Reply #50 on: 2001-11-26 03:43:00 »
Unfortunately, none of those methods (well, except the hydras) work all that well.  BCs are power houses, but they cost alot and they're slow to make.  A good fleet of scouts with fast movement can easily own BCs.  The best terran strat is usually tanks & rines.

Carriers aren't all that great for most situations.  I've owned them with marines (now, mind you, the person I was playing was pretty pathetic.)  You have to know HOW to play them, and even then it's a risk.   I never use them.

Hydras are sometimes good vs terran (they suck vs tanks), sometimes vs. other zerg.  They totally suck vs. toss (fast zs tear up hydras).   If you're playing toss, you probably should go Muta/ling. Protoss can't handle the constant wave of zerglings, if you send them by the hundreds. (unless they have archons.  Archons tear up lings.)

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #51 on: 2001-11-26 05:32:00 »
The best thing to do when playing Zergs is to keep sending zerglings to his base while you build up your tech. After everything is built up, build a teleporter and a hive near his base. Then send in a wave of zerglings (a decoy) in what looks like a massive attack, have the zerglings go at it, then at the same time (actually, a bit later. Give him time to move his units...) attack with a fleet of flyers and sooped up Ultralisks from the opposite direction, going after their resource collectors.

He'll be massivly overwelmed, unless he's expecting you. :grin:

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #52 on: 2001-11-26 11:53:00 »
I have now a problem with zerg vs protoss, Im in last mission of Broodwar. Situation: im in the middle of map, above me and to left are terran, below me to right are protoss. I want to kill protoss first, coz they were nasty to me before :smile: But I still cant. Any suggestions ?
I try with zerglings - they come with carriers, reavers & archons or mealstorm.
Flyer attack - mealstorm or Ice.
Hydras - storm or ice.
What should I do ?

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #53 on: 2001-11-26 21:06:00 »
Queens dude! Lots of Queens. Use their broodling technique on the evils you can hit (Templars, Reevers & Archons), and use those suicidal flyers (Scourges?) to take out the carriers.

It's the best method.

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #54 on: 2001-11-26 21:51:00 »
I watched my cousin beat that level... he maxed out completely with Hydras, heh.

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2001-11-27 07:51:00 »
Yawn! Boooooooooooooring.

Anonymous

« Reply #56 on: 2001-11-27 12:59:00 »
seph: i think that you cant 'create'  broodling from reavers nor archons  (only ground nonrobotic units you know)

but scourges to the air is great idea.

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #57 on: 2001-11-27 23:31:00 »
yup. if you mod starcraft, you learn very quickly that an archon is a mechanical unit.

you guys.... mutas. lots and lots of mutas. you can get them in like 7 minutes and kill off a terran base before they have a bunker or tanks.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #58 on: 2001-11-28 00:28:00 »
:laugh: Opps! My bad! I guess I'm wrong... But I remember brooding a Reaver before...

Anyways, I thought about it, and so long as they don't have nearby detectors, I guess you could screw over the land-based units with Lurkers. (Bring in the air support!) Another method is the take out the carriers with scourges, then bring in massive amounts of upgraded Ultralisks after using the blood-something (I forgot the name. I need to get my SC discs back...) spell. That way, you only have to worry about their shields. (They can't repair! Good for you, bad for Protoss players like me...)

But they always say: Know thine enemy, else you will be lost.

Maybe we should rename this forum "Starcraft Help"...

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2001-11-28 00:37:00 »
i think the best way to knock out a protoss base is with mutas as well. lots of mutas, a few devourers, and about 12 guardians will whipe out anything. you gotta love that splash damage.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #60 on: 2001-11-28 01:29:00 »
hey, when in doubt (or a lot of trouble) cheat.

Power Overwhelming - Invinicbility. Don't need anything else.

Except maybe:
show me the money - 10,000 ore & gas
thegathering - Unlimited Mana
operation cwal - Ultra fast building & instant upgrades

Happy gaming! :grin:

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #61 on: 2001-11-28 01:53:00 »
Ultras aren't really that great.  Even when fast Ultras, because they just take too long.  They make good damage sponges, but they are TOO expensive.

Queens are excellent units.  Ensare is a good ability, parasite can be fun, and helpful.  Spawn broodling is also good, epsecially against a group of tanks.  Just make a broodling out of the tank in the front, and all the others will attack it and probably end up blowing themselves up.

As far as the zerg missions in BW . . . try going muta/guard.  I can't help you much there . . . I never was much for good strats against the computer.

. . . The one thing to remember about the computer is:  once you find a strat that works on it, keep using it.  Also, it generally always has a pattern that it follows . . . if you can figure that out, you're in good shape.

Try to micro against it.  Maybe get fast hydras and spread them out for the carriers, unless the comp has lots of zealots.

Once you get rid of most of it's air, just fly mutes around it's base.  Attack in short bursts and then fly off to another target, to evade its dragoons.

Like I said, I don't know how good this works . . . the comp can be a b*tch sometimes in those single player missions.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2001-11-28 03:51:00 »
i loved the single player missions. far better than any person ive ever played. cheating is lame.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #63 on: 2001-11-28 05:56:00 »
I disagree. Multiplayer is SO much better than comp. There are 3 main reasons why: #1: A human won't rush you with 15 marines just as you're getting your first Hyralisk or Zealot. #2: You can never predict a human's movements. His plans are different than the standard AI thoughts of SC. #3: It's the best thing in the world to attack his base and hear him yell out "No! No! Noooooo!!".

It just adds a level of fun that I just don't get when going against a computer...

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2001-11-28 21:15:00 »
the comp is just so much better than 99.9% of all players on battle.net

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #65 on: 2001-11-29 19:52:00 »
Maybe, but played last night, and I can't believe how STUPID the AI was... I went into single player mode VS the computer, and I waisted all 7 of my opponents. Not only that, but I was able to mind control both an SCV and a Zerg Drone. (The SCV was sent straight to my door step... I went looking for a drone, which wasn't too far from my 2nd base...) I mean, they sent it RIGHT TO ME, even though I'd destoryed the 7 SCVs sent before it!

The AI in Star Trek Armada is smarter than that! I can beat that AI in Hard mode without really trying!

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2001-11-29 22:47:00 »
hehe weird how 1v7 melee is easier than 1v7 ffa, huh? ill admit that the non-campaign maps are really really easy.

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2001-11-29 23:26:00 »
Starcraft is easy. Red Alert 2 (Brutal enemy) is difficult. Having a Yuri as an enemy in Yuri's Revenge is difficult

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2001-11-30 01:37:00 »
true, but IMHO RA2 sucks the big one

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #69 on: 2001-11-30 02:10:00 »
The comp sucks in SC.  It always does the same thing over and over again.  Playing it is boring . . . the onlly time it's difficult is in the single player missions.

Obviously you've never played any good 1vs1's on Temple, Darkness.  There are many good players on b.net.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2001-11-30 02:48:00 »
i did a lon time ago, the problem with temple, is that it is easy to master, and the strategies are cheap. sending a probe into your base? cmon! its way overused. even so, there haven't been many temple games on battle.net for the past two years or so.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #71 on: 2001-11-30 11:52:00 »
Living enemies are allways bettter than cpus. But if you think that cpu is too easy in multiplayer, try meelee with two or more cpus (i cant handle 2 of them, only if there is some geological advantage in map)

And it this misson protoss are really terrible. They still build their units, if i attack in mass they freeze or storm or mealstorm me.
But those scourges work. (thx seph)

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2001-11-30 21:12:00 »
i can beat 7 melee comps on b2b'98 with no problems.... But everyone on battle.net is a newb, now.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #73 on: 2001-12-01 21:54:00 »
Dark: I should mention that I was playing FFA. On melee the computer has an incrediablly nasty habit of teaming up with all the other computers in order to kill you.

Another reason why I hate the comp's AI...

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #74 on: 2001-12-02 03:43:00 »
hmm . . . Darkness, you've intrigued me.  I want to play you, now.