Author Topic: Real Life believes  (Read 59167 times)

yoshi314

• View Profile
Re: Real Life believes
« Reply #50 on: 2008-01-14 15:55:29 »
oh man these quotes are an overkill :]

let's hope these fools will become extinct one day :]

Olie

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008-01-17 09:44:30 »
Btw, your argument about holes in evolution reminded me of this.

Theory: When I jump in the air, I float off into the sky.
Observation: I don't float off, I come back down to earth.

Because the atheist cannot prove beyond doubt that there is a force of gravity pulling me back down, God exists - and is pulling everyone down.  :?

Welcome to Intelligent Falling:-D

Thanks Jari, thought you might like it, you seem to be in a bit of a lolcat phase.  :-D

0wned

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #52 on: 2008-02-11 11:53:36 »
I'm a christian. Please don't hate me lol. I drink, curse, have casual sex, but I don't smoke (used to he, he). I believe everyone is evolving their own "truths" in life based on what they experience. And the more fed up on it we become, the harder it is to change our minds. And it is our "truths" that separate us and creates hatred and love for each other. We fear the unknown, but at the same time struggle to adjust. Mankind surely is a paradox. The hatred/disrespect for other's "truths" will always exists, 'cause there is only one truth. Your own. Amen lol!

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008-04-11 22:13:45 »
Believe in science progression, and think about what happens tomorrow. Religion or not, we must find the way that guide us to better life. Religion is just an istitution, but all must respect what other thinks and no excuse.

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008-04-12 07:03:40 »
'cause there is only one truth. Your own. Amen lol!

Philosophy…but untrue. There is but one ultimate truth, however, this ultimate truth may not be in the mind of some as they may be ignorant to it. Most can only believe what they believe to be true but odds are, they don't know the ultimate truth. Odds are, no human know and never will know. Human existence will end before that time comes. Humans only have approximately 126,000 years before their next known evolutionary accent.

Now, maybe the Planet does have a Spirit and without the Spirit, the planet dies.  Maybe, when people die, their spirits return to the planet unless they are too stubborn and stay as ghosts, which doesn't last forever.

It's been scientifically proven that the Earth will die of natural causes in about 4 billion years, one billion years before the sun turns Giant and melts the Earth to nothingness. How will it die of natural causes you ask? The tectonic plates, that so graciously generate it's magnetic field, will cease movement, the Earth's core with cool and the Earth with become barren, cold and dead, like Mars (yes, Mars is a dead planet). It may even shrink a little! With it, all life on Earth will die…

…this is assuming Earth lives to see a natural death of course

It also has been scientifically proven the a spirit is actually a person's magnetic field. When a person dies, they no longer provide a magnetic field, however, their magnetic field can still exist in a separate form, a ghost, which are conscious mind you. Ghosts connect themselves to objects when the magnetic field of the individual's or individuals' magnetic fields were strongest at the time, however, exist in loops, reliving a certain time over and over again. It's also possible for one ghost to show multiple images of others, even if those others are still alive. An Example of this would be if a serial killer murders someone. That someone, if the even was 'recorded' by the magnetic field of the victim, could create and image of the serial killer in the event loop, while the serial killer is still alive.

Destroying what the ghosts have attached to with cause them to go away in some cases, however, ghosts can not haunt forever as the Earth's Magnetic Field with eventually absorb it though it depends on the magnetic field of the individual.

Spirits are not to be confused with souls as they are not the same. A soul is your essence and heart, while your spirit is your "bio" energy or as I've been saying your Magnetic Field.

Unfortunately, Souls have not been Scientifically proven yet though some believe that The Brain is just the controller for your soul to control the body though not perfectly as some information doesn't get through cause the Brain doesn't comprehend all the commands the Soul has given it though a body can function fine without a soul though can't function without a spirit.

Well, you can either take this as truth or as BS as that's entirely up to you but I see there may be some truth in this, however, does that mean the existence of a Life-stream? Maybe! An existence of God? Don't know though if there were a divine being, I believe there would me multiple Gods or just powerful creatures/aliens claiming to be Gods, all of which were born within the Universe, not the creators of the Universe which I doubt there was any life that can defy the laws of physics.

I also believe that Religion has become obsolete and eventually, religion will be abandoned in the future though that may be wishful thinking. Some of Shaman-ism being an exception as I've seen truth in it.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008-04-12 08:16:42 »
I really hope I don't get flamed for this, but, why is there a conversation about religion happening on qhimm?

Couldn't people simply state whether or not they agree with the black caped man's belief, or if they disagree, instead of rejecting other people's faiths to get there point across?

I myself have no faith, but the life stream idea is as valid as christianity.
That's all I'm saying, and from what I've read on this topic so far, I apologise in advance if saying it may be a valid theory offends anyone. :-)

Jari

« Reply #56 on: 2008-04-12 08:39:54 »
It's been scientifically proven that the Earth will die of natural causes in about 4 billion years, one billion years before the sun turns Giant and melts the Earth to nothingness.

O RLY? Link to this scientific proof, please.

How will it die of natural causes you ask? The tectonic plates, that so graciously generate it's magnetic field,

No they don't. Currently it's thought that the liquid outer core generates the magnetic field. Unless you have some new evidence for us?

will cease movement, the Earth's core with cool and the Earth with become barren, cold and dead, like Mars (yes, Mars is a dead planet). It may even shrink a little! With it, all life on Earth will die…

I'm not sure whether you have noticed, but currently it's widely thought that Mars is not within the habitable zone in our solar system, which might have a teeny weeny bit more to do with Mars having no life, than the fact that it does not have a decent magnetic field (or especially the fact that its core is not producing heat).

Also, Earth's core cooling has next to nothing to do with Earth becoming cold. Compared to heat from solar radiation, heat from Earth's core is thought to be rather negligible. Unless again, you have proof of the opposite?

It also has been scientifically proven the a spirit is actually a person's magnetic field.

Well, sh*t. Link please.

Spewing nonsense is one thing, claiming it as 'scientifically proven' is just f***ing stupid.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-12 08:42:15 by El Ammo Bandito! »

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008-04-13 11:31:41 »
If its really possible to predict Earth's demise then we'll all be gone in 19 years folks:

I was watching the news the other day and they had a story on how in the year 2027 there will be a meteor which will circle around the earth and create 100ft tidal waves around the world. I think we once had a meteor engraving with an aperture of 50m or so and it destroyed everything in a radius of 500km I think. This meteor has a size thats comparable to New York, meaning if it pursues there will be nothing left. Even if it misses, after another 7 years the same meteor will be sucked in by the suns gravitational force and circle back around and come by earth again. So bye-bye world.........

Thanakil

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008-04-13 12:19:13 »
It's not like humans won't do anything to stop that from happening tho (if it's even REAL, and not just a exaggeration...).

You know, we'll send Bruce Willis or something... :roll:

Jari

« Reply #59 on: 2008-04-13 13:08:59 »
I was watching the news the other day and they had a story on how in the year 2027 there will be a meteor which will circle around the earth and create 100ft tidal waves around the world. I think we once had a meteor engraving with an aperture of 50m or so and it destroyed everything in a radius of 500km I think. This meteor has a size thats comparable to New York, meaning if it pursues there will be nothing left. Even if it misses, after another 7 years the same meteor will be sucked in by the suns gravitational force and circle back around and come by earth again. So bye-bye world.........

Oh man.

Why don't people ever check up whether these interesting news reports have any truth in any them?

No, 1999 AN 10 will not "circle" earth, just pass it. No, 1999 AN 10 most certainly will not create tidal waves of 100 millimeters,  much less 100ft. Why? Because it's about 800-1800 meters in diameter, and more importantly has very little mass, if compared to say... moon, for example. It has a tiny chance of getting caught in Earth's gravity in a way that would make it hit on its next pass. In 2039. Which, by the way, is 12 years after the 2027 pass. NASA estimates that the chance is now 1 in 10 million. So, I guess it's like Dirty Harry would say; "Do you feel lucky, punk?".

And gee, what I just typed has been known since 1999. So it's not exactly hard to check using the mysterious Google.

EDIT: AND IT BLOODY WELL IS NOT COMPARABLE TO NEW YORK IN SIZE, UNLESS SOMEONE HAS RECENTLY SHRUNK NEW YORK.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008-04-14 01:47:43 »
I have nothing to contribute to this conversation other than to say that World War III will effectively take care of plenty of the lives on Earth,  so why don't we just wait until after that happens and then discuss how the rest of us will die.

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008-04-16 14:39:46 »
No, 1999 AN 10 will not "circle" earth, just pass it. No, 1999 AN 10 most certainly will not create tidal waves of 100 millimeters,  much less 100ft. Why? Because it's about 800-1800 meters in diameter, and more importantly has very little mass, if compared to say... moon, for example. It has a tiny chance of getting caught in Earth's gravity in a way that would make it hit on its next pass.

Ever heard of Chaos Theory? Shortcut: Tiny little mistakes in calculations cause BIG DIFFERENCES. Wanna say, if our scientists just accidentally switch 2 decimal places during transcription or something then the comet could easily hit earth instead of just passing by. (If you wanna check my facts then check wikipedia->Chaos Theory or Butterfly effect)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008-04-18 08:36:02 »
The guy who came up with the chaos theory died the other day [/end fun fact] lol.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008-04-18 22:09:57 »
i don't normally do this with religious topics but i'll go ahead and throw in my two cents worth anyway. I am a christian and i believe in god based on what i know and what i have seen and there isn't anything that can change that so don't challange my belief (just in case somebody wants to bash me)

now first off i will point this out to athiests or any other people who don't believe in life after death: if you don't beleive in god then that's perfectly fine with me, but i ask you not to look down on christians or any other type of religion because the teachings of christianity is to love and respect all and that makes life a much better place, as where without it there would probably be alot more choas,killing,theivery and cause more pain to us in our lives.

as for the meteor the size of new york i wouldn't worry about it because with the technology we have we could easily blow something that size to pieces (yes i have thought about debre and we can take care of that as well) i don't believe in the choas theory so much but i won't call anyone out on that either.

anyway back to my main point is that christianity teaches people to be kind, love, and respect each other and it would be cruel to insult and challenge people for choosing to believe them for it. and THAT is xelane's two cents...or rather xelane's 10$ dollar bill
« Last Edit: 2008-04-19 22:42:45 by Xelane »

Jari

« Reply #64 on: 2008-04-18 22:53:41 »
May I bash you based on your lack of paragraphs and capitalization, though?

Because your post is quite unreadable as is.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008-04-19 01:04:28 »
May i bash you because your a complete jackass? Seriously if you want a decent response from me then don't act like you want to start an arguement, otherwise i won't respond with what you're trying to get which in this case would be to fix my post

Learn how to talk to people (I can assume that you're going to post something after me but if you want a proper response then you better have a nicer attitude)

also i never did comment on the real issue of this topic. Black-Caped Man the religion that you follow/abide by closely resembles Buddahism (sorry if i spelt it wrong) but I see your point that it is slightly different since you would allegedly come back as a Human instead of an animal and i personaly don't believe in what you do but I will be more open to it than alot of other people will.

Jari

« Reply #66 on: 2008-04-19 08:44:59 »
May i bash you because your a complete jackass? Seriously if you want a decent response from me then don't act like you want to start an arguement, otherwise i won't respond with what you're trying to get which in this case would be to fix my post

You assume a lot. I'm entirely happy making you look like an idiot and mocking you, instead.

See, I'm a firm believer in negative enforcement, I have used it for a long time, and with good results. You might have known that, if you bothered to find out exactly who you started to argue with. But that's probably too much to ask, if you can't manage caps and paragraphs. :-D

Learn how to talk to people (I can assume that you're going to post something after me but if you want a proper response then you better have a nicer attitude)

:-D

You seem to think that I treat idiots as people, or respect their opinion. You are wrong.

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008-04-19 14:12:06 »
Talk of religion.
It always ends in arguments.
 :|

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008-04-19 15:42:13 »
I am a christian and i believe in god based on what i know and what i have seen and there isn't anything that can change that so don't challange my belief (just in case somebody wants to bash me) now first off i will point this out to athiests or any other people who don't believe in life after death: if you don't beleive in god then that's perfectly fine with me, but i ask you not to look down on christians or any other type of religion

As I wrote earlier in this thread I dont look down on other religions as long as they do not dislike my own and as long as they have any traceability for me(well I could challenge your belief and come up with tons of arguements but first Im not sure if I could change your mind, second Im not interested in changing your mind since I do not know you and third Im far too tired to write that much :-D)

Black-Caped Man the religion that you follow/abide by closely resembles Buddahism (sorry if i spelt it wrong) but I see your point that it is slightly different since you would allegedly come back as a Human instead of an animal and i personaly don't believe in what you do but I will be more open to it than alot of other people will.

Well with the difference that I dont believe in Buddha's holiness^^(yeah I know that Buddha always mentioned that he is no divine being or god but the Buddhist treat him like one) but yeah you are right it shows some signs of it. (Actually there are more differences like I dont believe in the 4 noble truths or the octuple path or like the Buddhists dont believe in the Lifestream and much more but as I said Im tired of writing^^)

Oh yeah and whats that stupid discussion of El Bandito and Xelane about? pls calm down people and stop insulting others

Jari

« Reply #69 on: 2008-04-19 16:15:01 »
Oh yeah and whats that stupid discussion of El Bandito and Xelane about? pls calm down people and stop insulting others

Negative reinforcement, buddy. Feel free to take the issue to mods or admins, if it bothers you.

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008-04-19 16:46:15 »
With all dues, this is a generally nice forum from what I've seen so far.  I personally don't bieleve that it's the place for religious arguments.
The Black Caped Man simply wanted to knw about others beliefs, I highly doubt he wanted it to turn into a scorching contest about people's different bielefs, and why one is better than the other.

The Lifestream belief he holds, while maybe being odd to some, is undoubtadly been picked up by so many others, I ask you, respectfully, I intend no offence to anyone here, but why are people arguing about religions instead of discussing the topic, the Lifestream belief.

I mean, seriously, what difference is there to somebody beileving in Christianity, Catholocism, Bhuddism, Atheism, The Lifestream, or the people who put there religion on forms as being Jedi.  What's the need in the hatefull comments some people throw about?

Personally, by the way, I'm an Atheist, but I don't make fun or insult anyone in any of the categorys above.  I accept them for being people, not part of a religion I don't believe in.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008-04-19 18:57:36 »
Black-Caped Man i know that there are probably alot more differences between Buddahism and what ever you name what you believe (i haven't heard a name for it yet) but i was just saying that the only pre-exsisting religion that could be compared to is Buddahism unless there is another religion that i'm not taking into account

EL Ammo: you refer to me as an idiot which could probably show what kind of person you are, especialy since you get enjoyment out of mocking people (tsk tsk) and you also like to assume that I am an idiot. The ONLY thing that you can insult me for is my lack of evidence

Also i'll admit that i should have put caps and paragraphs but you could've gotten the same results without the negativity so don't think that you should try your "negative reinforcement" when i am one who does not respond well to negativity.

And finally, why would you assume that I am an idiot to be mocked? I made 1 comment about what I believe in and you felt obligated to insult my typing instead of merely asking me to rewrite my post which could have ended alot better for the both of us and if you have nothing to say other than some kind of negative insult then don't bother saying it because I will no longer respond to random insults

Jari

« Reply #72 on: 2008-04-19 19:51:46 »
The ONLY thing that you can insult me for is my lack of evidence

You think? Try this on for a size; you are a butthurt christfag. Want more?

Trust me, I can insult you for lots of things, and you trying to tell me what I can or can't do doesn't make it any harder for me.

Also i'll admit that i should have put caps and paragraphs but you could've gotten the same results without the negativity so don't think that you should try your "negative reinforcement" when i am one who does not respond well to negativity.

Mysteriously enough you seem to have learned both capitalization and using paragraphs in amazingly short span of time. It would seem that you indeed respond quite as expected to negative reinforcement. :)

You can keep telling yourself that you would have done this or that if sky was green and water was dry, but the fact is that it worked, just like it has worked every time. Period. You just chose to make an ass out of yourself during the process, but hey, that's your problem.

And finally, why would you assume that I am an idiot to be mocked?

Because you either are incapable of basic English language skills, you think that people will read a mass of jumbled up text just because they want to learn your glorious insights, or you are just too lazy.

In any of those cases you are an idiot, I don't even have to assume anything.

I made 1 comment about what I believe in and you felt obligated to insult my typing instead of merely asking me to rewrite my post which could have ended alot better for the both of us and if you have nothing to say other than some kind of negative insult then don't bother saying it because I will no longer respond to random insults

Awww, did I hurt your feelings. Poor thing. :D

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008-04-19 20:08:33 »
Excuse me, funny-cute-cat, but this may be your forum.

Also: don't you know about respect?

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008-04-19 20:15:13 »
I know, there's no need to insult people just to get a point across, just use reasoning and chances are, people respond well to it.
Getting people wound up to get a response is just a childish way to do things, and I personally don't think it has a place here.