Author Topic: Authorization for the FF7 Remake forum  (Read 54204 times)

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Authorization for the FF7 Remake forum
« on: 2001-04-21 16:06:00 »
Hmm... since I suspect I've left people out when authorizing for the private forum, here's a 'simple' way to get it.

First of all, you must be directly involved with the project, or feel that you have something to contribute. And I'm not talking beta-testing here. If you feel worthy, post a note in the Tech-related forum, telling us why we should authorize you.

Requests can be sent to me directly, although I'd prefer if you'd go through The SaiNt. I'm a bit too busy to authorize people one by one, tell SaiNt about it and he'll forward a list to me. Right SaiNt?  :)

Finally, we might choose to authorize you without you requesting it, I suspect there are a couple of talents in here who wouldn't request such a thing themselves...

On a side note: someone sent me a mail recently about this, but I lost it. Please contact SaiNt and he'll add you to the to-add list.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2001-04-21 13:53:00 »
Well said  :)

Ok, the time has come where we welcome more staff to the FF7 Remake Forum. (We're desperate for help here)  :)

Let me just get a few things straight here:-

1. If you want to help us beta test programmes, you do not need to request for access to the forum. Beta's *will* be released if required. (Don't expect anything in the near future)

2. If you feel that you can provide either technically or "story-wise" please feel free to contact me.

3. To confirm that I have recieved your requests, I will either post a list in this thread or e-mail you directly. People that are not authorized will also be contacted  :)

4. Though I understand that everyone is enthusiastic to know what is happening, please understand our position for not allowing everyone to have access to the forum. This will help us keep *legal* issues to the minimum and not *spoil* the story for all of you.

5. Like Qhimm said, some people here really are *worthy* of helping out but I'm pretty sure it's not within their *dignity* to request for access. This people that we're eyeing on will be recieving an invitation from us  :)

6. Authorization is not handled by me alone. I'm only a co-ordinator and authorization is decided by members of the forum.

So, anyone who feels that you can contribute to this project, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

If you've sent mail to me previously but didn't recieve any reply, please resend me your request.

If you have any other question's feel free to post your questions in this thread. I'll be more than happy to help you.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2001-04-25 22:27:00 »
Qhimm, I think you're gonna have to move this to the General forum if you want anyone's attention.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #3 on: 2001-04-26 18:06:00 »
Said and done.

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2001-04-26 20:34:00 »
oh darn it, it would be cool to help out but ive got no programming talent. so what exactly are you doing again? re-making ff7 for Linux? or was that just halkun? tell me if you need any bums to get the coffee or something.

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
« Reply #5 on: 2001-04-26 23:31:00 »
My stance on this (I don't have anything against this being said in public, though you are free to mail the answer if you think that is better):

I would really love to help, but I don't have the time.

If you give me permission I can always read the forum and try to help as much as I can, but all the help I'm likely to give will only be through posts in the forum (IE you would only get another person trying to push through his opinions without doing any really work). So it's up to you, if I get admission I'll read and comment when I can and if I don't I don't really care about that either, it just means more time on my hands for other stuff.

And if you think the game can benefit anything from using some parts of the legacy engine you should of course authorize me at once. Music engine comes to mind but that part is written just as much by Ficedula and you already have him in.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 2001-04-27 18:49:00 »
eerrrr: Yes, that was just Halkun. We want to "remake" FF7 in the sense of completely rewriting the story; but rather than redo the original game storyline (and probably offend everyone) we're probably going to write a prequel, ie. the story of what happened before the original FF7.
That said, of course, everything we find out about the FF7 data files will be useful to Halkun in porting FF7, but that's not the purpose of the remake.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2001-04-27 23:50:00 »
I would like to sign up me and my freind Abyss Darkness for this project. Not only is he a quilified homicidel maniac he also has the added bonus to him of being a great writer and he knows FFVII almost as well as I do. You all know me though. What you dont know is that im a decent writer and I know FFVII Bloody well. So can we join then?
I told Abyss to register and come here a few minutes ago so he should itrodecue him self any second now.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2001-04-28 00:05:00 »
Guys / Gals,

To be fair, I would recommend that you guys send me a request by e-mail so I can document things down. Please state your user name that you go by at the boards,which field of preference you wish to help out, and if possible an example of your work. Of course examples only apply to certain things.  :)

So far I have recieved mail from 2 people:-
MOT
mr

I will begin submitting the proposals to the my other mates in the Remake forum.

Abyss Darkness

« Reply #9 on: 2001-04-28 00:08:00 »
Hello.
Yes I would be interested in contributing towards the storyline of the FFVII remake. I am a prety good writer and love the FF games especially VII.
I know SirCanealot in the real world. He knows FF better than me, so combined we would be capable of a strong input towards the project.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2001-04-28 00:13:00 »
He also stated he was willing to put 120 hours a week into the project  :D

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2001-04-28 00:17:00 »
120hrs a week? thats 5 days, I sleep for that long :)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2001-04-28 19:20:00 »
Yes 120. He said he would happily put 120 hours a week into the project. He only needs 48 hours of sleep a week.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2001-04-28 22:12:00 »
so he does nothing but sleep and work, what about play and party?

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2001-04-29 21:26:00 »
maybe he plays in his sleep......that sounded ruder than it was ment to turn out. i ment in like dreams......still rude. that remake sounds cool, are you SURE there is absolutely nothing i could do?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2001-04-29 22:24:00 »
Sleep? Play? Party? No him mate.

Where are you abyss? You should have been down here to denny all this by now.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2001-04-30 00:08:00 »
eerrrr: maybe you could sleep, play and party for abyss?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2001-04-30 01:48:00 »
Ah men brother *Grabs a Bud*

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2001-04-30 21:01:00 »
hhhmmmm, good idea M0T. but i dont get enough of them for myself anyway, let alone Abyss. how about if i be The Remake Forum's very own Joey!

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2001-04-30 22:59:00 »
If u are gonna be the remake forums own joey you need a 9 page thread and fast. I dont get enough sleep myself, play and party is the problem

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2001-05-01 21:03:00 »
yeah i suppose Joey is a one-of-a-kind bum.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2001-05-02 01:10:00 »
If Joey wasnt a 1 of a kind bum then wed all kill ourselves

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #22 on: 2001-05-02 08:52:00 »
Joey AHHHH!!! that name!

The Skillster