Author Topic: No FFXPC (maybe) ....  (Read 49398 times)

Joey

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« on: 2002-01-02 01:59:00 »
Lets hope that this is not true. In Square's site. FFX is "exclusive" for PS2, meaning, 50% chance that it will not be released for PC. Any comments?

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #1 on: 2002-01-02 02:56:00 »
F***ING SH*T!!!

I was really hoping for it too! I don't like the idea of having to buy an entire game system for only one or two games!

But then again, we should've expected this since Sony bought about 100 million shares of Squaresoft, making it the 2nd largest Squaresoft shareholder...

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Goku7

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #2 on: 2002-01-02 03:13:00 »
Great.  So Sony just basically ripped a page from the Microsoft book.  Wonderful. -_-

So, like can the FFremake project take things into their own hands and develop FF10 for the PC on their own? :D

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #3 on: 2002-01-02 06:01:00 »
If we had a few more programmers and access to their files and their file descriptions and everything, yeah maybe. Otherwise, no. Besides, we would never be able to get the rights to do it, so even if we tried, we'd get our butts sued off.

What we need is a lot of letters send to Squaresoft in order for it to get made. It's easy to dismiss and delete email, but it's much harder to dismiss and "delete" physical letters. If someone can get the info such as where we need to send it, and who to send it to, please post it here!

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Joey

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #4 on: 2002-01-02 07:05:00 »
Remake for FFX? That would be.....copyright infrimgment for the time being.

J*** H*******

No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #5 on: 2002-01-02 07:39:00 »
Sephiroth 3D: I really doubt that it would work. There was discussion about petitions and stuff _long_ time ago (long enough that I couldn't find it with search), where halkun expressed his views on Square's decision making process. I agree with it completely, you can't convince company of that size into making a port that their own research has deemed as having very bad profitability

It's about money, after all. Of course, if you could get tens of thousands of people to send letters, it might have some effect (as in; they _might_ re-evaluate the profitability), otherwise it's pretty much lost cause, IMHO.

The Movie makes it even less likely, causing Square to make a net loss for the first year ever is pretty strong incentive to stick to things that are known to be profitable. And one can't really downplay Sony's part in it either.

MMiller8

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #6 on: 2002-01-02 15:00:00 »
*Sighs and starts counting out $350 US*
I remember when the games I wanted to play were about $300 less than I'm paying now.

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #7 on: 2002-01-02 16:41:00 »
i wasn't that impressed by ffx...... probably not worth making it for PC. no world map >=(

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #8 on: 2002-01-02 16:58:00 »
Me too MMiller8...  Me too. *Begins work so he can afford both of them...*

Jari... Let's start with the letters. If there's a chance, let's take it. Unless you want to start building a PS2 emulator, that is...

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Joey

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #9 on: 2002-01-02 22:32:00 »
But can ve do something about square to make it release FFX for PC?

Darkness

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #10 on: 2002-01-03 00:29:00 »
in a word: no

Goku7

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #11 on: 2002-01-03 01:14:00 »
Well, I might be able to give a tiny bit of hope.

I was at Hollywood Video (it's a movie/video game rental place, like BlockBuster Video) and I was looking thru their selection of PSX games when I came across FF7 PSX.  On the back, it said, "available ONLY on PlayStation".

Well, they must have changed their minds on that issue, otherwise, FF7PC is a forgery.

Maybe the same will happen with FFX.....

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #12 on: 2002-01-03 02:16:00 »
On the other hand, it could have been made before the PC version came out, cause I just checked my copy of FF7 PSX, and sure enough, it doesn't say that at all. So your "hope" may not be as bright as you thought... :cry:

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

chowderhead

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocites.com/bigchowderhead
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #13 on: 2002-01-03 02:29:00 »
I'd given up hope a long time ago.  And having a PS 2 would be nice, but tuition and taxes  are tearing me up this year (not to mention being on the heels of christmas).

I had made overtures a while back about the ps2 to my S.O., only to be countered with veiled threats like "If you bring that thing home and put it on the credit card I'll pour gasoline on you while you sleep and set you on fire, only to put it out in time to save your organs so I can sell them to pay off the cards..."

Real life is a drag.   :x

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #14 on: 2002-01-03 02:58:00 »
FFX for pc. good lord i hope not. FFX was far to easy i beat it with barely 26 hours of game time. :o the graphics were wonderful though. i'm thinking about playing it again just for that. they should have gotten better gameplay down then done the graphics or atleast made it multi-cd but nope they didn't and it really ruined the gameplay, far to linear :( but oh well. it's worth playing for the graphics. just wait for the ps2emu and rent it or something.

edit: added puncuation and fixed typos as to seph's indirect request.
[edited] 275 2002-01-03 04:41

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #15 on: 2002-01-03 03:12:00 »
You know PS, it's difficult to understand you when you don't put commas and periods in your sentences...

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]
[edited] 135 2002-01-03 04:12

Darkness

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #16 on: 2002-01-03 03:23:00 »
here here! im on my 35th hour of gameplay (5 hours i was paused, but it doesnt stop the game timer) im not even to the final boss. Besides, you used the strategy guide through the ENTIRE game.

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #17 on: 2002-01-03 03:39:00 »
except i didn't only on the third temple. my bro only said that cause he thought i did. oh and i used to to locate items earliy on in the game, after a while you get used to finding them in the game as they follow the same line of logic. i just sat up and played all night and became delerious, basicly the same thing as being creative except with out the cost of art suppilies.

Darkness

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #18 on: 2002-01-03 03:42:00 »
"I just used it to get all of the items." You have to read what to do in order to find where the items are.

i spend so much time on battles..... thats part of my problem. my chars suck.

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #19 on: 2002-01-03 03:44:00 »
Wow, 26 hours? I think I have played 50 hours or somehing and the end is nowhere in sight. Anyway, PS2 console is worth buying, not only because of FF series, but also of other games like EA games too. Unfortunately Resident Evil/Biohazard series is now only Gamecube exclusive, so maybe I will have to pick one up.

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #20 on: 2002-01-03 03:48:00 »
yes the ps2 is worth buying and the reason i have 26 hors is that i didn't do any sidequests i just ran through the game doing only what i needed to. gonna play it again for blitz ball. i only played 1 game besideds teh tournament and i didn't get the jecht shot either :(

Darkness

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #21 on: 2002-01-03 03:50:00 »
i really need to level my characters. it makes me over 15000 AP to get a single sphere level. it must be hell for you with 50 hours.

Goku7

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #22 on: 2002-01-03 04:12:00 »
Of course, your also forgetting that the PS2 can function as a more reliable PS1 emulator than ePSXe.  Except you can't go above 640x480, but on a TV, how can you tell the difference between that and 800x600?

Joey

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #23 on: 2002-01-03 05:34:00 »
quote]
i really need to level my characters. it makes me over 15000 AP to get a single sphere level. it must be hell for you with 50 hours.
[/quote]

Will the gyus stop corrupting this thread with FFX game spoilers? There is already FFX the thread, full with your rants about FFX. Go post them there, not here
[

J*** H*******

No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #24 on: 2002-01-03 06:01:00 »
...and so the pot called the kettle black.