Author Topic: No FFXPC (maybe) ....  (Read 49400 times)

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #50 on: 2002-01-05 07:49:00 »
i'm gonna write a program that send 10 messages a minute :). if anyone want it just tell me. i'll make another post when i'm done with it. hehe here i come Squaresoft!!!!!!

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #51 on: 2002-01-05 13:08:00 »
Hmm .... spam mail bombing. That's likely to get your email address blocked, possibly your server blacklisted, and maybe your ISP account cancelled if you're unlucky. And will Square agree? Will they $%#%. Like Jari said, heavy tactics just make companies stubborn.

MMiller8

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #52 on: 2002-01-06 00:46:00 »
I would love to send an email, and I would if I though that it would actually influence any decision making at Square.  However, I am sure that even if the letter made it all the way to the Square Execs., they would be extremely put off by my tear-stained letter full of begging. :cry:

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #53 on: 2002-01-06 01:39:00 »
hence the use of email.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #54 on: 2002-01-06 08:26:00 »
Does anyone have that Snail-Mail addy yet? (I guess I'm too lazy to look for it myself...)

PS: Fice is totally right. Don't bother with the program. Now if you could make one that sent snail mail every 10 minutes... that would be something!

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[EMAIL][email protected][/EMAIL}

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #55 on: 2002-01-06 11:51:00 »
that'd be easy just have to change the timer intervals. :) i'll make today and send to you on icq. if any one else wants it just tell me. :)

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #56 on: 2002-01-06 16:38:00 »
lol. i bet there are machines that do that, seph3d.

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #57 on: 2002-01-06 22:06:00 »
maybe but this is free

vvalentine

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #58 on: 2002-01-06 23:15:00 »
Here is the snail-mail address for the one near me.

This is the link to the site that has it.
www.neoseeker.com/Companies/profiles/Squaresoft/

-vvalentine

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #59 on: 2002-01-07 03:36:00 »
Thanks! I'm gonna send that letter soon!

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Joey

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #60 on: 2002-01-07 05:30:00 »
Can someone send on my behalf? I'm too far.

atzn

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #61 on: 2002-01-07 21:05:00 »
Personally I doubt Square will release a PC Version of FFX.. because Sony is the 2nd largest share-holder... obviously they'd want to promote more PS2 sales.........

Besides that, FFX uses DVD-ROM, so there's no need for multiple discs anymore (correct me if I'm wrong,please) ...... if it is converted to PC I think gamers would need to get a DVD-ROM, but I don't really think that would be much of a problem though....

There's only one consolation now...... that is FFXI is coming for the PC (Square announced it....), thus I feel that the best way is to wait for FFXI.

Another thing is about develping a PS2 Emulator. I would deem that as 'impossible' for the moment. Even if you've coded it so well, a PC at the current moment don't have the processing power to match PS2's. Perhaps we should wait till PCs hit 4GHz then there will be PS2 emulators   :smoke: (I've read some articles regarding PS2 VS PC)

Why? Just look at PS. It was released during the P166/200 era (correct me if I'm wrong again, I'm guessing). And after so many years (4-5), there is a stable emulator....... and still it needs a fast CPU (at least 500MHz)
Just my point of view.

Anonymous

No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #62 on: 2002-01-08 02:13:00 »
Well, I have things for you guys to think about:

Whether it be automated or no, check this response out:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us.  We don't have any information
on Square of Japan's future plans regarding the release of our titles for
the PC at this time.  The only thing we do know is that there are no
immediate plans for any more PC ports.  We apologize for any
inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Ryan Riley
Customer Service Representative

And, on the topic of emulators, what I'm surprised no one's thought about is ONE GAME emulators.

See, it takes a very long time to write a good emulator that works (mostly) like a Playstation or PS2. This also requires a lot of processing power.

But, what if one were to write an emulator specifically for FFX? Nothing else would be compatible. Then, you can write optimazations and such up the wazoo, have the code be as speghetti as you wish, because it doesn't need to be widely compatible. You could do game-specific optimizations (which you can't do with normal emu's) game-specific data reads, and so on and so on.

Now, I'm not talented enough to write something like this. But if you people are willing to spread this idea around those who are (ie, idle and/or "perfecting mode" emu authors), I'd be much obliged. Hell, I don't even need credit for the idea: just seeing the game run would be enough.

Barawulf
[email protected]
-Too lazy to register... hence the Anonymous-ness.

vvalentine

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #63 on: 2002-01-08 04:00:00 »
Oooooh!  I don't know about you guys, but that ticked me off.

I'm still to finish my draft, I want it to be as professional as possible.  Then I'm going to make a lot of printouts so I could give it to my friends and the people at school so they could send it too.  

-vvalentine

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #64 on: 2002-01-08 04:27:00 »
Just respond back with...

Us Computer users of Final Fantasy 7 and 8....refuse to buy or use FF11 and it's online pay per month service...until you release 9 and 10 to the PC.

I believe we all know who really supports On-line gaming.....agree to our terms, and we agree not to overlook your product when it hits the shelves. If you ignore us, we shall in turn ignore you.

signed, "The League"

++++++++++++++
anyone ever play Iwar2?

It could, work....if every PC user in the World unites. Hurry!, someone get TechTV  on the wire. :o
[edited] 65 2002-01-08 05:38

atzn

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #65 on: 2002-01-08 17:44:00 »

Forget FFIX for the PC.... just make FFX for the PC!!!! ^_^ since FFIX can be played using an emu.........

And as for the ONE GAME emu, nice idea... but still it'll take lotsa time to come out with a nice emulator (for FFX only).
[edited] 81 2002-01-08 18:49

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #66 on: 2002-01-08 20:15:00 »
Any PS2 Emu will require a DVD-ROM even if it's only for FFX. That won't be a problem with most gamers.

And Threesixty is totally right. We need to send them a strong and firm letter, and make sure that all of the PC users in the world unite with us, no matter how difficult it may be.

I currently have no plans to buy FFXI simply because I can't afford $10 a month. (well I can, but I refuse to.) One of those reasons is my internet connection sux a$$. No cable, no DSL, and no ISDN. Only dialup. That means 56k support MAX. And no matter what game you play, you need a better connection than that to play without the lag you'd need to not have in a game like FFXI. (I hope that made sense.)

And Threesixty is right again, that someone needs to get TechTV in on this. The ScreenSavers and Gamespot would be the best bets on that channel. We need to form an anti-FFXI union, so we can also get noticed by the news. That will go a long way towards getting Square to realize that we mean business.

I agree that we don't nessicarelly need FF9 on PC, but I refuse not to play FF10 on the PC! I'm gonna have to upgrade my computer, but you know what? I have at least 2 computers that can out-perform a PS2! (Independantly, not together!) We have the technology. FF10 can be a port. No adaption nessicary!

One thing I think we should ask for is a WinXP/2000 patch for FF7...

wow... long post...

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #67 on: 2002-01-09 00:13:00 »
:looks both ways, too see if any Square PR's are within ear-shot:
"It's called, negotiation ...shhhh"

vvalentine

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #68 on: 2002-01-09 02:31:00 »
Check this out, supposedly there is going to be a PS2 emulator for the MacOS X.

http://www.macevangelist.com/news/2001/1022.html

-vvalentine

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #69 on: 2002-01-09 02:35:00 »
well isn't that dandy.
*laughs at the name of the site, "The Grinch Project"* hehe

well at least it costs them money.

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #70 on: 2002-01-09 04:10:00 »
Why eveyone don't just buy a PS2 console and leave it at that? It's not that expensive anyway, especially when compared with computers that have the same graphical capabilities as the console. Plus, don't have to worry with patches, incompatible graphic cards, game crashes (console games will not crash unless you are using Gamesharks etc.) and a lot more. And you can start playing right away, no need of long loading times for Windows :) For me, I will pick a console version of a game over the computer version anytime, especially for RPGs (maybe FPS games is an exception though). That's why I never signed petitions that asked SquareSoft to release PC ports of any of their games.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #71 on: 2002-01-09 05:59:00 »
#1) Petitions never work with companies.
#2) Price-wise, you are right about consoles vs computers.

However, I disagree that C(onsoles) are better choices than PCs. PCs may not have the instant play that any console may have, but the PCs can do a helluva lot more than any console ever made! (I'd make a list, but I want to keep this post less than a page or so...)

Personally, if I have the choice between C and PC, I'll go with PC anyday of the week! First of all, the quality is usually much better. The resolutions are higher, plus you can play just about any game you want, including N64, SNES, NES, PSX, and a ton of other systems if you download an emulator. Show me a C that can do that!

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

M0T

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #72 on: 2002-01-09 08:39:00 »
Well my reason I don't have a PS2:
The games I played on it werent all that good
I spent all my money on a nintendo gamecube

and the ps2 is too big to fit in the space that I have left for my entertainment system, maybe I should stop bashing that Xbox and get one so I can squash the entertainment center smaller hmmm....

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #73 on: 2002-01-09 18:39:00 »
or get the PS2 and duct tape it to the side....

"What the hell is that thing sticking out of your entertainment system?"
"Oh thats my PS2. I didn't have any room left so i just put it there."
"Cool I'm going to go glue mine to the WALL!!!!"

that'd be great. hehe. oh and you have to use bright GREEN ducttape. or police warning tape just to make it a better conversatin starter?

atzn

• View Profile
No FFXPC (maybe) ....
« Reply #74 on: 2002-01-09 19:23:00 »
yea, seph 3d I agree with you.
A PC is not only for gaming, it can be used for other purposes. (i.e programming, office work, graphics editing,etc.)

Yes, I have to agree, PS2 is way cheaper than a PC.... no doubts.

But looking at the prices of PS2 games....... oohhh.........
but I couldn't really blame it; PS2 games uses DVD in contrast to PC's CD.

Anyhow, there are pros and cons on both PC and PS2.   8)

I'd always pick PCs over consoles as some games (like FPS) are waayyy much easier to handle by using a mouse and keyboard     :D

And PC's RPG certainly rocks (some of them are really good, some are really bad though). Consoles RPG is kind of nice too (like FFX) but have limited gameplay IMO.

Just my point of view.     :rolleyes: