Author Topic: FFX Questions, related with Fayth and Tidus  (Read 62987 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: FFX Questions, related with Fayth and Tidus
« Reply #25 on: 2009-09-09 21:03:22 »
In my defense, I started that post before you made yours.

First come, first served :-D

I don't know why I said that, but I'm sticking to it! :lol:

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #26 on: 2009-09-10 03:40:26 »

Man, Kudistos, you sure have been fiesty these past few days. Hmm, why my friend?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-09-10 03:46:27 »

Man, Kudistos, you sure have been fiesty these past few days. Hmm, why my friend?

People have their days. Somedays people just rub me the wrong way

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #28 on: 2009-09-10 04:01:45 »

People have their days. Somedays people just rub me the wrong way
Heh, we all do have those moments. And its funny how when you have those moments, there's always some jackass to say something... Unintelligent, lol.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-09-10 17:30:28 »

Yeah, I have been a bit more feisty recently :-D

I'm not sure why ???

Perhaps I'll calm down soon :-P

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-09-10 18:26:40 »
Oh I just love threads like these!

I liked both X & VII. I thought each game had it's own strong and weak points. I also disagree that without Sephiroth there wouldn't have been a story to tell... the character development and dynamics between all the main characters are part of what made the game for me. Sure, the game would be completely different without Sephiroth, but so would X without Sin... which is really the main villain in the end, no? Seymour's just a pain in the ass getting in the way. I thought X had a great story too. I was immersed in the worlds of both VII and X, they entertained me in two completely different ways.

I also don't think VII is overrated. I will say it's probably my favourite Final Fantasy going by my initial feeling when I first played it, so I may be biased. Being really immersed in this amazing story and having to find your way around. Getting excited when you beat a boss and moved on to the next location to advance the plot. Just dying to know what happened next. The shock when Aeris(th) died. I can honestly say I've never felt anything like it when playing another game, though I've had similar feelings for other Final Fantasy games, they just weren't as powerful. I think it's entirely possible that a lot of people that have played through FF7 have said it's overrated because they've played it after hearing the story or perhaps even after seeing/hearing about Advent Children. I played it when it first came out in the UK and no one I knew had ever even heard of it. I feel lucky now because I had this chance to play through it as a fresh experience before I even had dial-up to realise there were other people that actually liked this amazing game. I feel sorry for the people that didn't experience it this way. Spoilers ruin things people!

X had a great story too in my opinion. I'd say I preferred X to IX, though I liked IX too. X got interesting for me story-wise after Luca and then I was immersed in the storyline.

The beauty of Final Fantasy is that they are all completely different games, so I find it difficult to argue about which ones were better than others. I can say which ones I liked more, but that's only stating what my personal preferences are. For example, I enjoyed playing through FFXII, but nowhere near as much as I enjoyed playing through any other Final Fantasy (I include all from I - X, I've never played XI and I don't intend to play XIV either). I think my favourites are V, VII, VIII, IX & X. That doesn't mean I didn't like the other FF games, I just enjoyed these more.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-09-10 20:04:01 »
at least we all agree that XII and X-2 sucked. :wink:

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #32 on: 2009-09-10 20:24:13 »

XII doesn't suck. It's just different. I happen to like what it is for what it is.

But yes, X-2 sucked.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-09-10 20:29:17 »

XII doesn't suck. It's just different. I happen to like what it is for what it is.

But yes, X-2 sucked.

That's true, I just didn't like the turn they chose to take when making it. I feel as if it was geared more toward FFXI fans...

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #34 on: 2009-09-10 20:39:41 »
That's true, I just didn't like the turn they chose to take when making it. I feel as if it was geared more toward FFXI fans...

This is true. I don't know if they were trying to alienate the more traditional players or give them the experience of playing online without actually BEING online.

Regardless, I can completely understand why people don't like it when they expect the more traditional gameplay. I think that even if the game weren't called "Final Fantasy" I'd still enjoy it as much as I do now. Maybe now that I gave this a chance I should re-evaluate Rogue Planet...

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-09-10 20:43:42 »

But yes, X-2 sucked.

Damn you, just when we were all about to agree! :-D

I think it's entirely possible that a lot of people that have played through FF7 have said it's overrated because they've played it after hearing the story or perhaps even after seeing/hearing about Advent Children.

Pfft, that's what I've been saying :-P

Actually, I think that a lot of the people that complain about the game being overrated, Cloud being an emo and Sephiroth being a mummy's boy have missed out on the "playing it" part* and have just watched Advent Children and pieced together the story from what they've read in Internet fights between various FF factions. That would explain a lot of the weird things that I hear time and time again, especially as a lot of the criticisms of the characters remind me more of how they are portrayed in AC than in FF7.

*After all, how could they play it? It wasn't on their precious Nintendo :-D

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-09-10 21:42:27 »
ok then it settled then i got all the info i need for tidus. Two questions.

I know about you all giving a cold shoulder to X-2. but im curious to know what it really like? i read it said it is more of mission based. so im assuming it is like Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast version). Oh BTW, if anyone know what happen yesterday, it is Sega Dreamcast 10th year anniversary. That why i didnt really check this post often because i been playing Skies of Arcadia all day.

And about XII. some of you said it more like XI. I already saw what XI gameplay like.... no offense to those player it is not my playing style for MMO. But i did saw the gameplay in youtube and my bro played it long time ago. he didnt really play it much and just ditch it. So what XII look like? i saw the details video of each summon... omg that so awesome! but what the playing style is like in XII? i check the finalfantasy.wikia.com and they have of bunch of spells that is way out of my final fantasy knowledge (i played III [DS version], FFCC Ring of Fates, VII, VIII, IX, X, Kingdom hearts [i know KH is not related with FF but their spells and summons is the same]). I did see the gameplay of the toughest boss in the whole Final Fantasy series. but again im curious how it is really like? im a kind of person that prefer to see what people think than what the gameplay revealed to me.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-09-10 21:47:59 »
I think that X-2 is a less serious game, and there are only three characters (all girls) whom you control throughout the whole game. The plot is a bit silly and the characters have different powers depending on what clothes they wear (they become a black mage, for example, by dressing as a black mage).

XII is a lot like Kingdom Hearts or Star Ocean; it isn't a turn-based game like the other Final Fantasies (one of the reasons I don't like it; if I wanted a game like Star Ocean, I'd buy Star Ocean. If I buy a Final Fantasy game, it's because I want a game with turn-based combat). You can make the characters run around when you are fighting, and the enemies are on the screen all the time; there aren't random encounters and separate field and battle screens like the older games.

The graphics are very detailed, but I sometimes think that the game looks too detailed, as if the game looks the way it does just so that Square can show off.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 21:49:38 by Kudistos Megistos »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-09-10 22:19:33 »
Dude X-2 sucks...hope this can convince you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjddp5f7MQI
And I played FFVII in 2001, before advent children. And I think it's overrated...I didn't think it was overrated when I played it, but after playing the other ones in the series I changed my mind about VII. Hopefully someone on this forum will soon too...

So, who would that "someone" be? :-D

And I have to wonder about two things:

#1 How old were you in 2001? I ask because in some places you say that you're 17, but in others you say that you're 13. In any case, it makes me wonder whether you were (or are now) old enough to really understand or appreciate the story.

#2 Was it really you who changed you mind? I ask this because everything you say when criticising FF7 has been said by every Kefka fanboy for years. This makes me wonder whether what changed your mind was reading what other people wrote on the Intertubes and conforming to their beliefs. How many of your opinions about FF7 are your own, and how many are actually the opinions of other people?

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-09-10 22:50:43 »
Dude X-2 sucks...hope this can convince you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjddp5f7MQI
And I played FFVII in 2001, before advent children. And I think it's overrated...I didn't think it was overrated at the time, but after playing the other ones in the series I changed my mind about VII. Hopefully someone on this forum will soon too...

pardon my french. oh...my...god.... what the hell they would do that kind of thing in X-2..... Yuna and Rikku.... look freakish. grants that they got older but... what the hell is that? I see Rikku is dancing like a mindless zombies because her eyes is not even moving! I grew up in deaf culture, i prefer to have emotions on the face than the body... but hell there is no emotions at all...... *big time shudders* ok im backing away from X-2.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-09-10 22:55:09 »
Final Fantasy VII takes too much attention from 3 better games in my opinion...no one elses opinion. I don't get what is so special about the story of Final Fantasy VII.

FF7 takes attention away from other games? So, do you resent it for that? This is another thing I see a lot. People complain about FF7 and end up revealing that they actually don't like it because they're jealous; it's nothing to do with the game at all. FF7 haters are like middle aged ex-wives that hate their former husband's new, younger, prettier, blonder girlfriend :-D

Of course, this resentment of FF7 makes people desperate to find faults with it. People spend a lot of time looking for things in FF7 that they can criticise and therefore pick up on minor things that they wouldn't notice if they were in another game. Every FF game has its flaws, but 7's are much better known because so many people have an interest in ripping it apart and showing that their game deserves the attention. No-one has that much interest in looking for the things that are wrong with the other FF games, even 8 (one of the other games that attracts the wrong kind of attention). It reminds me of how the smallest blemish on a famous Hollywood actress' face or the tiniest bit of cellulite on her thighs will get huge amounts of attention and be splashed all over the tabloids. If they were normal people, no-one would even notice these imperfections, but because people want to bring them down, they pick on everything they can.

BTW, if these opinions are actually your own, it's an astonishing co-incidence that you think exactly the same thing as so many other people. Is it that great minds think alike, or that fools never differ? :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 23:14:27 by Kudistos Megistos »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009-09-10 23:38:43 »
I'm now even more convinced that you don't understand the game. "gothic, depressing atmosphere"? WTF? :?

And I suppose that if it had a brighter, happier atmosphere, you'd say that it was too cartoony and appealed to little children :-D

It sounds a lot like you're trying to show everyone (and prove to yourself) that you're mature by distancing yourself from things that you think appeal to teenagers. You see, young people are age-aspirational; they want to be a few years older than they are (if you're going to use bulverisms, I will as well :-P). Therefore, they make themselves hate anything that is for "kids" or for "teenagers" (such as cartoons), because they are mature, and mature people don't like those things (apparently).

Also, I repeat my FF8 argument. FF8 is a lot more gothic than FF7. FF8's main character is pure emo; if he were a girl, he'd probably cut himself. The love story is much more important to the game as well. If the teenage emo demographic is so big and powerful, FF8 would be the most popular game by far. But it isn't.

And finally, FF7 has the oldest main character of any FF, AFAIK. He's certainly older than most of them. Most of the FF7 characters are in their 20s. Most of the FF8 characters are in their teens. FF9's main character looks like he's 10. Tidus and Yuna are in their teens. Vaan, Ashe and Penelo are in their teens. I'm not sure about the older games, but I'm willing to bet that Terra and Locke are both very young as well. The characters from FF3 certainly are. But FF7 is popular because it's aimed at teenagers? Yeah, I'm not very sure about that...

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009-09-11 00:55:53 »
Don't try the psychological game on me, it won't work.

I'll stop when you stop. :-P

What I said was that the atmosphere in FF7 is gothic.

Really? Let's see...

Just look at the slums in midgard

Not what I'd call gothic. More like dystopian.

or the jenova creature without a head. Or the mountains outside clouds hometown.

Pretty standard fantasy stuff. Not necessarily gothic.

And the use of colours in the backgrounds. Green, gray gray gray, black...maybe some purple. Neon lights...very dark, and the music is very depressing as well. The only exception would be gold saucer and chocobo farm.

Never been to the Wall Market? :-D

It seems that you're looking for anything that supports your argument and ignoring anything that doesn't. Let's see what the Costa del Sol looks like... :-D

Surfing and suntan, eh? Goths love things like that!

Actually, hardly any of the towns on the second continent have dark colouring. Nor the places on the Northern continent. Nor Wutai. In fact, the only really dark places are Midgar and the Shinra Mansion, and the former is dark in a dystopian/cyber punk way rather than a gothic way.

Also look at Sephiroth...

Yeah, I can see why his look might appeal to goths. But wait a minute, weren't you saying FF7 appealed to emos? Goth and emo aren't the same thing :-P

Final Fantasy 8, 9, 10 has nothing like that in them. That is why they aren't as popular...because the main audience are emo/manga japanese obessed teens...they love FF7, because they can relate to the time the cool characters and the mood in the game. It's harder for a emo to relate to Final Fantasy IX and X because the main characters and the atmorsphere isn't as dark as Final Fantasy VII.

So, this has gone from being emo to being dark, hmmmm? It seems that you are flip-flopping around quite a lot :wink:

Two things:

#1 Since when did Japanese audiences and Weeaboos go in for dark things more than Western audiences? Japanese media aimed at teenagers tends to be much more bright and colourful than Western media aimed at teenagers. There's this anime that I like. I think you should watch it. It's called "Lucky Star". :-D

#2 The FF8 argument again. Everything connected with the Sorceresses is gothic. Look at Edea. Is there anyone more goth than her? Look at Ultimicia's castle. It's the most gothic place in FF by quite some way. And as long as we're picking examples of things that are convenient and ignoring evidence to the contrary, I'd say that there are quite a few things in FF9 that appeal to those who like everything "dark". Pandemonium? Half of Memoria? Evil mist? Black Waltzes flying around everywhere? Two villains that wear black, one of whom is always going on about the transience of life and feeling sorry for himself? Kuja is one hell of an emo! He cuts himself whilst listening to Linkin Park! See what I did there? I cherry picked parts of those games that made them look like goths might like them.

Also the only thing that is emo in Final Fantasy 8 is Squall, and that is the only thing.

Yeah, only the main character. The one you're following around all the time. And whose thoughts you always hear. He isn't important at all! :lol:

Lol, Kudistos..give up you can't win this... :lol: :lol:

ROFLCOCKS!

Final Fantasy VII is the most popular ff game because of the main audience are manga/japanes obessed emos...

I'm beginning to suspect that I'm being trolled...
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 01:04:10 by Kudistos Megistos »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #43 on: 2009-09-11 00:59:51 »
I wonder what Jari's perspective is on this.  :-o

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-09-11 01:01:59 »

Dunno, but I'm sure he's seen it.

What's your perspective? :-P

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #45 on: 2009-09-11 01:06:50 »

Dunno, but I'm sure he's seen it.

What's your perspective? :-P
Haven't read it entirely. Too lazy, lol. That is why I haven't posted my opinions in this.

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-09-11 01:09:03 »
interesting views on this. I did had a discussion with my friends like in 2002 (that time im in high school). few of them said they like VII because of good group, great storyline. come to think of it. two of them is goth.... well now it make sense why they like it  :-P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009-09-11 01:14:42 »
interesting views on this. I did had a discussion with my friends like in 2002 (that time im in high school). few of them said they like VII because of good group, great storyline. come to think of it. two of them is goth.... well now it make sense why they like it  :-P

DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!111  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But they liked FF7 because of the group and storyline, and not because "Sephiroth looks so kewl!!!" :-P

I think that some people vastly overestimate the proportion of FF7 fanboys who are Sephiroth fanboys.

For the record, I liked FF7 before I became a goth, when I was a goth and after I stopped being a goth and turned into that weird bloke who likes brightly coloured bishoujo* filled anime. :-D

*Inb4 someone confuses bishoujo with bishounen
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 01:24:09 by Kudistos Megistos »

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009-09-11 08:52:33 »
]
*Inb4 someone confuses bishoujo with bishounen

you mean Bishōjo?    :-D :-D :-D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009-09-11 16:30:30 »
If you think FFVII is emo, you are clearly 18 or younger and have a very sore grasp of what 'emo' is.  It could also be that you've only seen the spinoffs of FFVII where the cast (specifically Cloud) has been made to be emotional and depressed.

Honestly, Kudistos, I'm pretty sure you aren't being trolled.  But it's impossible to win an argument against the ignorant  :-o  yeah I said it  :-P