Author Topic: FFX Questions, related with Fayth and Tidus  (Read 62989 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Re: FFX Questions, related with Fayth and Tidus
« Reply #50 on: 2009-09-11 16:47:25 »

Also look at Sephiroth...

Hermoor, if you even remotely came close to being in the ballpark of having an idea of what exactly you're talking about, you wouldn't have used a screenie from ADVENT CHILDREN

Leave your swiss cheese arguments to your high school clique buddies, youngen. :wink:
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 16:51:51 by titeguy3 »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-09-11 16:54:29 »
It's hard to see things that don't work in your favor.

That's a quality of a humble person.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-09-11 17:19:26 »
]
*Inb4 someone confuses bishoujo with bishounen

you mean Bishōjo?    :-D :-D :-D

Bah, "ou" is the more common Romanisation! At least as far as I have seen :-D

ō, however, is more accurate, since "ou" might lead one to think that it's pronounced like the "ou" in "douche"

Honestly, Kudistos, I'm pretty sure you aren't being trolled.  But it's impossible to win an argument against the ignorant  :-o  yeah I said it  :-P

I think you're wrong :-P

He actually accused me of shooping those pics :lol:

Hey, Hermoor, if you don't believe me, why don't you play those parts of the game?

Really, if you're not trolling then you're making yourself look like an idiot. You're throwing wild accusations around that only prove you don't know much about the game, your arguments suffer from an unbelievable confirmation bias, you're completely missing the point when I show you that when using your tactics, any FF game can be called goth and you're showing yourself to be completely ignorant of teen culture (or at least teen culture in Anglo-Saxon countries; maybe things are different where you live, but I doubt that Sweden accounts for more than about 1% of FF7 related sales). I feel like I'm arguing with a creationist who, when I show him a dinosaur fossil, says that the devil made it.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009-09-11 18:38:07 »
Me being a atheist has nothing to do with this.

What? When did I call you an atheist? I called you the opposite :lol:

If your reading comprehension is that bad, it explains a lot. I recommend you learn English; apart from enabling you to talk to someone without repeatedly failing to understand what he is saying, learning English will allow you to understand the game (something you obviously couldn't do when you played it :-D)

You want me to play what parts?

The bits whose backgrounds you accused me of shooping :-P

I'm going to prove it to you. That is why youtube was created...

You're not going to prove it, you're going to do what you've been doing for this whole argument; pick bits that support your ideas and ignore bits that don't. BTW, do you expect me to sit down and watch those videos? I don't think so. I've played the game as well. I played it long before you did and I've probably played it many more times. I've also had the soundtrack for a long time as well, and I listen to it all the time. I know what the game's atmosphere is like.

Oh, and the fact that you took the time to find all of those videos just so that you can argue with me says a lot about you.

now let's compare to FFIX that you say is goth...lol too funny.

I didn't call FF9 goth. I said that if I cherry picked bits of the game that supported the idea that it's dark/goth/emo/whatever you think FF7 is* and ignored bits that didn't, as you did with FF7, I could pretend it was dark/goth/emo/whatever you think FF7 is. I was just doing what you were doing. Did I fail to convince you? Good, because you failed to convince me :-D

*You keep on changing. One minute it's "goth" the next it's "emo" the next it's just "dark"; how I am supposed to take you seriously?

I hopre this proves once and for all that comparing to the other games VII is dark, and therefore more popular among self destructive teens and emos. You think there is a reason why teens prefer hard rock and punk rap and crap over classical music?

Some teens prefer hard rock. Some teens prefer punk rap (whatever that is). But not the same ones. This is yet another example of you not knowing which teenage demographic you're talking about.

Normally, I'd get bored and give up (because you're obviously not listening) but I'm actually going to keep responding to you for a while.

This isn't because I think I can make you understand why your arguments are wrong; it's because it's fun to see you dig yourself into a deeper and deeper hole by coming out with stupider and stupider comments. Each post you make smells even more strongly of desperation than the last; you should see how hilarious they are to people watching. Like I said before, you're like a creationist who is unable to support his ideas with good arguments and comes out with absurd ones rather than admit to himself that he's wrong. To the rest of us, it's very funny to watch. :lol:
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 19:22:31 by Kudistos Megistos »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009-09-11 19:01:24 »
Hey guys, it's cool to flame FF, or poke holes in someone's logic, but try not to make personal attacks. I feel like this convo *might* be headed in that direction, and that's never fun.

Jari

« Reply #55 on: 2009-09-11 19:20:06 »
...and that's never fun.

I find your sense of humor to be lacking. :-P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009-09-11 19:22:01 »
Hey guys, it's cool to flame FF, or poke holes in someone's logic, but try not to make personal attacks. I feel like this convo *might* be headed in that direction, and that's never fun.

But these arguments are so addictive :cry:

I never thought I'd get involved in this kind of thing, but there you go 8-)

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009-09-11 19:30:55 »
Hmm current Score

Kudistos: 3

Hermoor:2 

:-P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009-09-11 19:33:53 »
Hmm current Score

What, how did he get 2? For making me fall for his trolling and bringing me down to that level? :-D

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009-09-11 19:59:05 »
Hmm current Score

What, how did he get 2? For making me fall for his trolling and bringing me down to that level? :-D

Lol DarkestDream took his side so that made to but for the record you got my vote Kudistos

New Score

Kudistos: 4
Harmoor:2

What are the scores now?...now I think a lot of the people reading this probably are former goth or emos...maybe we should find a smarter older judge...

You do have some good points its just in my opinion that i like ff7 because the story is good and i like the materia system how you can get master materia and have all spells and all the characters are kinda cool and some really energetic like yuffie lol
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 20:12:32 by Costa07 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009-09-11 20:18:06 »
If everything is then I am you, you know

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? :-D

It's funny that you should write that just before saying that your English is good enough :lol:

I'm starting to think that you don't know English at all and are using google translate to have this argument. And yes, I know it's unfair that you have to learn my language and I don't have to learn yours; unfortunately, your ancestors didn't take advantage of their empire, but mine did. :-P

You seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on the fact that I used to be a goth. Do you know that an awful lot of young people from ethnic majority groups in Western countries who have an above-average level of education become goths at some point? And I became one long after finishing FF7; actually I became one around the time I first got FF9 :-D :-D :-D

I picked the videos randomly, and it didn't take more than 5 minutes to copy and paste the links.

Yeah, I believe you :roll:

it's weird that you can't see the difference between VII, VIII, IX and X

It's weird that you can't tell the difference between the two pics that titeguy posted earlier :lol:

I can tell the difference between the games and I can also tell that they all have some dark parts and some light ones. You, however, can not. I'd say that FF8 is the darkest; it's certainly the one that is most likely to appeal to goths and emos. It seems that you are confusing the figurative darkness that goths and emos like with high levels of saturation in images.

I'm listening, and I see your point. But are you listening? And I think this is as fun as you do, otherwise I wouldn't be replying to this. It's funny how you so desperatley is defending this game, as if it was your religion. To me you are the believer who is defending his holy book. And I'm the atheist telling you that Buddhism is better than Christianity but maybe not as popular because there has been a lot of holy wars and sh*t aka spin offs and movies

To me, you are the believer who thinks that people who don't agree with him are the actual fundamentalists. I think that a lot of those people are projecting their own ways of thinking onto others; they think everyone else feels as strongly about the argument as they do.

...the target audience for the chrisitan church aren't the asians but the close minded americans

So, do you dislike Americans?  :-D

I wonder whether you think that all of the world's problems are caused by the Americans and the Jews (just like most other non-conformist conformist teenagers)? It wouldn't surprise me; you don't have your own opinions about games, so why should you have your own political opinions?

Also, I hate to tell you that the Catholic church is making major headway in China :-D

just because something is more popular doesn't mean it's better

Nope, but it doesn't mean that it's worse. This appeal to snobbery is a mistake a lot of people make :-P

you honestly think people from 30-60 are playing the FF games? You think Final Fantasy VII would be as popular then

What? :-D

I think the older and wiser 60 year olds would prefer FFIX and X and see beyond the coolnes of Final Fantasy VII

Nice appeal to authority there :lol:

What are the scores now?...now I think a lot of the people reading this probably are former goth or emos...maybe we should find a smarter older judge...

Yeah, if people don't agree with you it's because they're stupid :lol:

By the way, do you know that I'm older than you? So are most of the people here.

Jari

« Reply #61 on: 2009-09-11 20:49:04 »
you honestly think people from 30-60 are playing the FF games? You think Final Fantasy VII would be as popular then.

I take it that you referring to age in years?

I experimented with running - I've loaned my PS2 to a friend for indefinite amount of time - FFXII on an emulator. Nobody told me that I'm too old. God damn it, people! Why don't you tell me these things before I go and make myself look like an ass!

I think the older and wiser 60 year olds would prefer FFIX and X and see beyond the coolnes of Final Fantasy VII.

We'd probably have to ask a 60 year old, but I rank IX as my least favorite of those, followed by X (oh, how I wished someone had punched Tidus' lights out for being a male bimbo), VIII (oh, how I wished someone had punched Squall's lights out for being an insufferable jerk and 'oh, woe is me!'-character) and then VII, which I consider to be very good game, although inferior to Planescape: Torment, for example. Surprisingly enough, I had no urges to do bodily harm to Cloud.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009-09-11 21:04:59 »
What? Don't you get it, everything around us "is" right. There can't be something outside everything. Therefore you are me and we are god. We are all one single force...saying god exist is the same as saying there is something outside everything. But how can there be something outside everything??? O.o

Personally I prefer a combination of Russell's Teapot and Occams razor, but whatever floats your boat.

Also, it's very hard to understand you when you don't use punctuation, and when you out with things like

you are me and we are god

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together :-D

The vikings were the first people to discover america...and they invaded and took over great Britain

But they let them both go. And they were Norwegians and Danes, not Swedes.

The Britain's fought the french in america. Which means that most white people in america are descendants to the vikings...my not so distant ancestors

Where did you learn history? And the Vikings left America soon after they came; they certainly don't make up the ancestry of modern Americans, except where Scandinavians have emigrated there more recently :-D

Where are you from again america I imagine...

BECAUSE EVERYTHING BAD IS AMERICAN!!!!!!111

Nope, I'm from a different continent.

You seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on the fact that I used to be a goth. Do you know that an awful lot of young people from ethnic majority groups in Western countries who have an above-average level of education become goths at some point? And I became one long after finishing FF7; actually I became one around the time I first got FF9 grin grin grin

No comment...

I wonder why :-D

Not only the amount of colour in the images, but also the character design. The music, and the Frankenstein's monster storyline...

It looks like you haven't read Frankenstein either :-P

To me, you are the believer who thinks that people who don't agree with him are the actual fundamentalists. I think that a lot of those people are projecting their own ways of thinking onto others; they think everyone else feels as strongly about the argument as they do.

Translate to Swedish please...

I will when you translate your posts into decent English. :-P

Actually, I'll have a go:

Quote from: google translate
För mig är du den troende som tror att människor som inte håller med honom är den verkliga fundamentalisterna. Jag tror att många av dessa människor skjuter sina egna sätt att tänka på andra, de tror att alla andra känner så starkt för de argument som de gör.

This is what your posts look like to me :lol:

So, do you dislike Americans?  grin

I don't hate the americans

Really? You sounded like you did earlier :wink:

I hate their way of thinking

And what would that be? :-D

and I don't think americans and jews are causing all the problems in the world. Don't put words in my mouth...

Awww, we could have had some fun if you'd said you did... :cry:

Yeah, if people don't agree with you it's because they're stupid cheesy

By the way, do you know that I'm older than you? So are most of the people here.
Yeah but you are also a fan boy of final fantasy VII and a former goth...

And you're clearly a fanboy of some other game; a much worse fanboy as well, because you're seething with hatred for FF7 and anyone who likes it for taking the attention from your favourite games :-P

as are probably most people on this forum judging from how many topics there are on how to play as sephiroth...and how many different usernames that has "Sephiroth" in it.

Insulting the majority of the forum? Yeah, that will make you popular; you're doing my job for me :-D

And more people have names with Cloud in them :lol:

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009-09-11 21:52:36 »
Back then, the north wasn't divided into countries.
And you're clearly a fanboy of some other game; a much worse fanboy as well, because you're seething with hatred for FF7 and anyone who likes it for taking the attention from your favourite games tongue
Nope...
Quote from: google translate
För mig är du den troende som tror att människor som inte håller med honom är den verkliga fundamentalisterna. Jag tror att många av dessa människor skjuter sina egna sätt att tänka på andra, de tror att alla andra känner så starkt för de argument som de gör.

This is what your posts look like to me cheesy
Hahahahaha, så dum kan jag ändå inte låta på engelska. Och du ignorerade mitt förslag på att gräva ner strids yxan. Jag ger inte upp, och jag står fast vid min åsikt att FFVII är populär pågrund av blah blah blah....men jag orkar inte diskutera med ett FFVII fan om varför de andra spelen är bättre. Jag har bättre saker för mig.

Försök översätta detta till engelska sen skriv ner ditt svar på svenska utan att låta som en jävla idiot. Är det möjligt?? Tror inte det...

Now I leave this topic to die...

EW EW i want to know what you said jk lol ill google it

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009-09-11 22:44:29 »
Back then, the north wasn't divided into countries.

No, but they came from those places :wink:

Hahahahaha, så dum

So dumb? No, I think it's you who is dumb :-D

Jag ger inte upp

O RLY?

men jag orkar inte diskutera med ett FFVII fan om varför de andra spelen är bättre. Jag har bättre saker för mig

Looks like you changed your mind quite quickly :-D

What are these "bättre saker"? They haven't stopped you posting nonsense so far... :lol:

Försök översätta detta till engelska sen skriv ner ditt svar på svenska

No, I think I'll respond to you in English. As I said, it isn't fair, but that's life. :-P

utan att låta som en jävla idiot. Är det möjligt?? Tror inte det...

So you come out with your true feelings when you don't think anyone will be able to understand you? :lol:

ego de mala anakankhazo tous sous anoetous logous akousas. su de aiskhros te antipais te kakos te huparkheis. (this might be wrong; I'm a bit rusty :-D)

And you've been making yourself sound like a "jävla idiot" all day.

For those who want to know, google would suggest he called me a "fucking idiot". I think I upset the poor boy :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 22:46:49 by Kudistos Megistos »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009-09-11 23:13:06 »
Hahahahaha, I can't sound that stupid in english.

Yes you can, and you have been doing for a long time :-D

BTW, it seems that you're the kind of person who can dish it out, but can't take it.

You pick and choose parts of FF7 to support your ideas and ignore the bits you that don't fit, so I pick and choose parts of FF9 to support my ideas and ignore the bits that don't fit. You think it's fine for you to do it to me, but you b*tch and whine when I do it to you.

You write sh*tty English that doesn't make sense, so I write sh*tty Swedish that doesn't make sense. You think it's fine for you to do it to me, but you b*tch and whine when I do it to you.

You use a language people don't understand to insult me because you're too scared to say what you want to say in English, so I use a different language people don't understand to insult you. You think it's fine for you to do it to me, but you b*tch and whine when I do it to you.

The difference between us is that I do these things deliberately so that I can show you what it's like for me to argue with you. You do them because you don't know any better :lol:

BTW, what I said was:

I'm ROFLing after hearing your stupid arguments. You are disgusting, childish and cowardly.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 23:16:35 by Kudistos Megistos »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009-09-11 23:57:01 »
You are disgusting, childish and cowardly.
Wow you really want me to get angry...

Disgusting?
Because I'm not a fan girl like you of FFVII?

Girl? :-D

And you're disgusting because of your hypocrisy (the stuff that I highlight in my previous post)

Childish?
Because my native language isn't english?

No, it's because...

(get ready for this!)

...you act like a child!

Cowardly?
Ok I'm pissed...you really are pathetic...

You've been pissed off for a very long time; it's a good thing as well, because you come out with the most hilarious nonsense when you're angry :lol:

Jari

« Reply #67 on: 2009-09-12 00:08:10 »
Disgusting?

I demand a gender test! Maybe it's a TARP!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009-09-12 00:09:57 »
Disgusting?

I demand a gender test! Maybe it's a TARP!

What? Like Caster Semenya? :-D

Jari

« Reply #69 on: 2009-09-12 00:11:52 »
You said semen, ya!

But indeed, exactly like her. Him. Whichever.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009-09-12 00:16:03 »
Oh man this thread is pure win. So many lulz

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009-09-12 00:19:06 »
You said semen, ya!

But indeed, exactly like her. Him. Whichever.

Thankfully I'm not like that. For me reverse futa is the worst of both worlds :-D

Oh man this thread is pure win. So many lulz

Toasting in epic br-

Oh, wait. I've already done that :-P

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009-09-12 00:35:28 »
I'd just like to put my hand up and say that there are depressing screens, scenes and music from every Final Fantasy game I've played. Particularly from those of the PSX generation. However, picking so-called groups such as "emo" and "goth" and assuming these games (FF7 in-particular as has been stated) would appeal to said groups for the reasons you've stated is simply ridiculous. You're assuming a certain group (whether it be age group, emo, goth, country, whatever) would like these games more. This is called being overly stereotypical or to use my favourite term - "Pidgeon-holing" (purely because it sounds funny).

Honestly, a wide variety of people like playing Final Fantasy games. From my personal experience it was a far older croud that actually liked playing it because of the themes and issues explored in the game. It kind of takes a mature audience to understand it, or at least teenage. It was my 45 year old uncle that gave me FF7 when I was well below the age of 10 and I can honestly say that while I enjoyed playing it, I didn't really understand it properly until I played it again when I was a bit older. Much like the rest of the FF PSX generation. It's ludicrous to suggest that FF7 is "emo", you could say that about all the Final Fantasy games.

I.E. This is one of my favourite pieces from Final Fantasy IX. My god is it depressing! Almost "gothic", wouldn't you say?

I could give you links to hundreds of youtube videos or I could just say this: every FF game has "depressing" parts/music in it. That doesn't mean "emos" and "goths" are going to be more drawn to it. You seem to be forgetting that every "emo" and "goth" is an individual person with their own preferences and may not all walk around copying each other and doing exactly the same thing. In fact, they do the frickin opposite! By dressing and acting differently than the majority. Going by this logic, I could argue that FF7 is the LEAST "emo" or "goth" game because it's the most popular, something that (according to a pidgeon-holing society) "emos" and "goths" hate.

See what I did there? I overly-generalised a group, just like you've been doing. And if you're going by what society says about emo's, I don't think there's anything remotely emo about FF7.

Jari

« Reply #73 on: 2009-09-12 00:37:41 »
Pixels, too many of them to embed as an pictur.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009-09-12 00:43:18 »
Pixels, too many of them to embed as an pictur.

I noticed that earlier but didn't bother screencapping it. It's certainly a popular topic :-D

Honestly, a wide variety of people like playing Final Fantasy games. From my personal experience it was a far older croud that actually liked playing it because of the themes and issues explored in the game. It kind of takes a mature audience to understand it, or at least teenage. It was my 45 year old uncle that gave me FF7 when I was well below the age of 10 and I can honestly say that while I enjoyed playing it, I didn't really understand it properly until I played it again when I was a bit older.

This is quite similar to my experience with FF7. I was ten when I first got it, but I didn't really get into until later. Every time I played the game, as I got older, I understood more and more things that I'd missed when I first played it. The same thing happened to me with FF8, which I didn't like at first, but is now one of my favourite games of the series.

I.E. This is one of my favourite pieces from Final Fantasy IX. My god is it depressing! Almost "gothic", wouldn't you say?

I prefer Sir Frately's version. :-D

Still, it's a great piece of music, and a sad one as well (I loved the story with Freya and Frately :-) )
« Last Edit: 2009-09-12 00:45:59 by Kudistos Megistos »