Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1241199 times)

DyneFaye

hi, i patched the game but when i run it, it says "please insert disc 1, 2 or 3 and try again" can someone help?
« Last Edit: 2011-01-03 04:58:05 by DyneFaye »

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Well put the disc in then, unless you're using a pirated version in which case, you'll get no help here.

Kylos

• View Profile

Yeah I know your patch has the 1.02 already but Somebody asked if he could install separate files fro your installer and sithlord recommended this:

axis do not install this mod i would get only
aali's driver
TA Overhaul
covarrs ff7 music installer.

for a first play thru..

So I only added the 1.02 patch coz TA overhaul wont work without the 1.02 patch and also AAlis opengl driver needs this...am I right?

Im not sure why anyone would want to try and install these separately, but yes if your going to do that, its very wise to update to 1.02 and get Aalis driver on there first before adding new mods to it.

hi, i patched the game but when i run it, it says "please insert disc 1, 2 or 3 and try again" can someone help?

You can make images for your discs, so you do not need to run it with the cds, if you have the discs its probably just best to put them in, or you can get a disc from a friend, make the images and keep them on your computer.

It could also be done to keep your cd drive free, or if your disc is getting old and scratched, and you want to make sure you keep the quality.

It is not legal to download these from the internet, that of course is pirated, but i believe its ok if you actually have the game already and bought it, then i think thats alright.

I found the best way to do this is use MagicDisc and MagicISO, these programs can be downloaded for free from the internet.
MagicISO will turn your CDs into an ISO file, (like a disc) and make it readable on your computer.
MagicDisc makes your computer think you have an extra CD drive, you can Mount the ISO image onto this CD drive and you can then play it like there is a CD in your computer, when there isnt one.

Personally i made my own iso images, its just easier to switch discs over, and i can store my game away without having to get it everytime i change disc.

If you need help with these programs, send me a message to my email [email protected], and ill see if i can help you out. Peace

kainhighwind2

• View Profile
So, I did a clean install of FF7, followed by Remix. FFmusic pops up and I set it to Mp3(remixed) and try to start the game. I get a quick black box in the corner, and then FF7 shuts down, leaving FFMusic up.

I'm on:
Windows Vista 32 bit Home, UAC disabled.
Dual-Core AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 2Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 8200 MG

I do have Truemotion 2.0 codecs installed.

I HAD FF7 plus Avalanche High-Res and aali's driver, then installed Remix, but the music was messing up. I'd get the reactor music in battle, then randomly get the fanfare to play on time. I thought a clean install with remix would help, but apparently not... Does it matter that I didn't patch to 1.02 before installing Remix???

Edit: I just tried starting it up from the Start menu, instead of the desktop shortcut. FFMusic opens up, FF7 tries to start, then it all shuts down.

I don't know many forum tags, but here's my APP log:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.9b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 8200M G/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! 3.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1366x768, output resolution 1024x768, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 60, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: main program link log: Fragment info
-------------
0(42) : warning C7050: "texture_color.xyz" might be used before being initialized

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
« Last Edit: 2011-01-06 05:28:26 by kainhighwind2 »

storm20200

• View Profile
The FF7 disc needs to be placed in the same drive you installed from, so if you have 2 DVD drives and installed it with the first you would need to place the FF7 disc that you require in the same drive, putting it in the second would result in that error. Same with using images, they need to be mounted on the correct drive letter.

Kylos

• View Profile
So, I did a clean install of FF7, followed by Remix. FFmusic pops up and I set it to Mp3(remixed) and try to start the game. I get a quick black box in the corner, and then FF7 shuts down, leaving FFMusic up.

I'm on:
Windows Vista 32 bit Home, UAC disabled.
Dual-Core AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 2Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 8200 MG

I do have Truemotion 2.0 codecs installed.

I HAD FF7 plus Avalanche High-Res and aali's driver, then installed Remix, but the music was messing up. I'd get the reactor music in battle, then randomly get the fanfare to play on time. I thought a clean install with remix would help, but apparently not... Does it matter that I didn't patch to 1.02 before installing Remix???

Edit: I just tried starting it up from the Start menu, instead of the desktop shortcut. FFMusic opens up, FF7 tries to start, then it all shuts down.

I don't know many forum tags, but here's my APP log:

INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1366x768, output resolution 1024x768, internal resolution 1280x960
-------------
0(42) : warning C7050: "texture_color.xyz" might be used before being initialized

INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...

Ok kain, this sounds very odd to me, so ill give you some steps as to how i installed these mods to your game.

This error dont look good, so i recommend these steps below.

First of all, i think your going to have to uninstall FF7, and put in the installation disc and start over.

When you have reinstalled ff7 completely, try and run it, mount or put in your first disc into the same drive you installed from, then go on your start menu and try a new game.

If it lets you do this, then we know its most likely a problem with the options and/or the mods, instead of your game.

Ok what i generally do after do this, i would download FF7 Remix which will update your game to 1.02 and add the graphic enhancements and all the rest.

You do NOT need to have true motion codec, Aali driver makes this obsolete, so get rid of it.

From here i would go to this post and download the latest Aali driver, which is here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25

Ok this is where you need to set your options up correctly, or the FF7 will not start properly, after installing ff7 remix, then the latest driver, you should do these steps.

1) In the start menu, Open up your FF7 Config v1.02, go onto Graphics, and make sure the renderer is using the Custom driver (Aalis driver)
2) Set the display resolution to Full screen, then exit and let it add the new values to your registry.
3) In the start menu, go into your FF7 OpenGLconfig and it will open up a notepad file with your settings for the game.

Here is what my settings look like:

Code: [Select]
# ff7_opengl-0.7.9b config file

## USER OPTIONS ##
mod_path = avalanche

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 1024
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = avalanche

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = on

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = off

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = yes

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = on

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = no

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = off

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = yes

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# YUV fast path shader
yuv_source = shaders/yuv.frag

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = no

4) Check these options and change them if neccessary:

## USER OPTIONS ##
mod_path = avalanche (Without this it will not load up all the new graphics)

window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 1024
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes
Change your resolution to the Exact same as what your computer is running at, if its too low it wont fit in the screen fully, if its too high then FF7 will not start, so check your Screen resolution before doing this, also make sure preserve aspect and full screen are on

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = avalanche (Once again this should be here, if its not your remix didnt install properly)

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode

battleswirl_framelimiter = on (Both of these should be on to reduce chances of crashing or going too fast)

post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = no (This has also been known to cause problems, keep it off)

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)

fancy_transparency = off (these 2 options should be like this to reduce crashes, fancy transparency being turned on can sometimes stop the game coming on at all)

use_new_timer = yes

use_stable_timer = yes (once again these 2 options are to reduce crashes in the game)

All the rest of the options are pretty much your choice, some of them you should not really change unless your a Modder, and it gives you a description of each option anyways, personally i like the settings i have here and you could just simply copy them, i had a lot of trouble with crashes before picking these settings for the game.

After that is done, try and run FF7 again from the start menu, and let me know what happens :)

kainhighwind2

• View Profile
So I just did a clean install of FF7. (can't find the codec to remove it, how do I do that? Windows had instructions on how to find out through Windows Media Player, and I didn't see it on that list...) Anyways. Small black box in the corner, immediate shutdown. That's it. APP file is totally blank.

Kylos

• View Profile
Sounds like a really odd problem, maybe something is wrong with the files you installed, or your computer cannot handle the specs of the game?

Its not so clear as to what the problem could be right now, do you have any idea why it would not start the disc? And have you tried putting in other discs to see if they work properly?

kainhighwind2

• View Profile
Well, I HAD it working a day or so ago... I had issues with it working a day or so ago until I got the TrueMotion codec. Then I had added Aali's mod and, while I didn't see much of a graphical improvement like some people were talking about, I knew it was working thanks to the see through text boxes and the like. I honestly don't know what's causing it now...

Just for the heck of it, I'm putting Remix on FF7 again, just to see what happens, and if things go well, I'll put my FF7opengl.cfg the way yours is.

Edit: So, while Remix was installing, it specifically said: "Cannot create ff7.exe." and "Cannot create FF7Config.exe"...Recommended I do a full reboot and try again. Alas, tis time for me to head to bed, as I work tomorrow, but I'll shut down this laptop and restart in the morning and see how things go.
« Last Edit: 2011-01-08 05:54:20 by kainhighwind2 »

maximaster

:-o good job men

but i have a problem i don't want the fancy_transparency. when i installed i put off, but when i play de dialogue box still semi-transparent
how  can i fix this ?

because i want see when cloud talk with himself and  the history in kalm
i read in forums those parts the scrren put black and you have press [ok]button to continue playing
HELP ME  PLZ

Redd Floyd

Hey guys, I reinstalled FF7 when I heard about this mod and was itching to play through again. I installed to the default directory (in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII), ran the patch, configured OpenGL to my screen's resolution (1280x1024) and added the registry files. However, when I would double click the shortcut that was placed on my desktop, it would cut to a black screen, flicker, then go back to the desktop with a command window, ficedula, and FF7 minimized in the taskbar. When I clicked FF7, it would flicker again and then crash.

After perusing this topic, I tried reconfigure things in the OpenGL CFG (currently the only thing I have changed is the value of preserve_aspect to yes) to no avail. An above post mentioned the setting the 1.02 configuration utility to custom drivers, so I tried that, but the option wasn't there. After I exited out of that, I was shown a prompt about adding files to the registry and I clicked the "No" button. I tried running it again, and once again it minimized to desktop. However, when I clicked on it this time, FF7 didn't crash. It would play an audible 'click' and then minimize again, forcing me to close all three applications.

Is there anything I can do to get this running? I'm really interested in the things this mod brings to the game and to be honest I never even beat FF7, which is something that always bothered me. Any assistance on this front would be much appreciated. If it will help, here's some information about my system.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE
Install directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII

<3
« Last Edit: 2011-01-08 17:06:37 by Redd Floyd »

Kylos

• View Profile
:-o good job men

but i have a problem i don't want the fancy_transparency. when i installed i put off, but when i play de dialogue box still semi-transparent
how  can i fix this ?

because i want see when cloud talk with himself and  the history in kalm
i read in forums those parts the scrren put black and you have press [ok]button to continue playing
HELP ME  PLZ

Fancy transparency does not make the dialogue boxes transparent, there is seperate setting for that, if you look up at my openGL settings (in the code) you will see that there is an option called...

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = off

Make sure your options turn this feature if you do not like it, if this still does not work, you may have the patch for it installed, so go to this folder...

C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\patches\Already Patched

Look in there and see if you got the .SRB file called TransparentDialogBoxes, if its there move it out of there and into the Do not want folder in your patches.

Hey guys, I reinstalled FF7 when I heard about this mod and was itching to play through again. I installed to the default directory (in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII), ran the patch, configured OpenGL to my screen's resolution (1280x1024) and added the registry files. However, when I would double click the shortcut that was placed on my desktop, it would cut to a black screen, flicker, then go back to the desktop with a command window, ficedula, and FF7 minimized in the taskbar. When I clicked FF7, it would flicker again and then crash.

After perusing this topic, I tried reconfigure things in the OpenGL CFG (currently the only thing I have changed is the value of preserve_aspect to yes) to no avail. An above post mentioned the setting the 1.02 configuration utility to custom drivers, so I tried that, but the option wasn't there. After I exited out of that, I was shown a prompt about adding files to the registry and I clicked the "No" button. I tried running it again, and once again it minimized to desktop. However, when I clicked on it this time, FF7 didn't crash. It would play an audible 'click' and then minimize again, forcing me to close all three applications.

Is there anything I can do to get this running? I'm really interested in the things this mod brings to the game and to be honest I never even beat FF7, which is something that always bothered me. Any assistance on this front would be much appreciated. If it will help, here's some information about my system.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE
Install directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII

<3

Wow you never cleared FF7? You been missing out dude :) Ok i installed this game onto my dads laptop which seems to be very similar to yours, with the same operating system, and it works fine.

Ok first of all, NEVER EVER go off shortcuts on your desktop for this game, always always always (yes its that important) use the Final Fantasy folder in your start menu to start the game, delete any shortcuts of FF7 off your desktop as there is no point.

To get the latest custom driver for this game, follow this link and get Aalis latest custom driver, make sure you install this After you have installed Remix, Remix gives you Aalis driver but its an old version, so this link will give you the latest version, which will give you the same OpenGL settings as myself.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25

When its downloaded, you should be able to pick Custom Driver, in your FF7 config utility, whenever you come off this config, make sure it allows itself to add files to the registry, this is very important to get FF7 to work, as it will update the registry with your latest settings.

Also im not exactly sure what your graphics card is, but im guessing its a newish system, and should be able to run it, as my dads does, let me know what happens after you follow the steps above.

Well, I HAD it working a day or so ago... I had issues with it working a day or so ago until I got the TrueMotion codec. Then I had added Aali's mod and, while I didn't see much of a graphical improvement like some people were talking about, I knew it was working thanks to the see through text boxes and the like. I honestly don't know what's causing it now...

Just for the heck of it, I'm putting Remix on FF7 again, just to see what happens, and if things go well, I'll put my FF7opengl.cfg the way yours is.

Edit: So, while Remix was installing, it specifically said: "Cannot create ff7.exe." and "Cannot create FF7Config.exe"...Recommended I do a full reboot and try again. Alas, tis time for me to head to bed, as I work tomorrow, but I'll shut down this laptop and restart in the morning and see how things go.

Wow that sounds really bad, if you did install remix in the past and then the graphics didnt look anything better then the original, apart from some menus, then it sounds like remix aint working properly, and for it to make an error while installing, its like it thinks ff7 is not even installed on your computer.

You must have a bad version, or something is really wrong with your computer, does your computer run slow? Does it have any viruses? If your not good at that kind of thing, i can always advise on how to fix that, as i do actually run a business dedicated to helping with the fixing of computers, and we give free advice on our facebook group.

« Last Edit: 2011-01-08 17:50:50 by Kylos »

maximaster

thx for the answwer but remove to you dont want doesn't works my openGL have less options like you this is my openGL:

# ff7_opengl config file

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# options are smartbloom.post and bloom2.post
# note that shaders/smartbloom.post must be configured to proper resolution, open with notepad
post_source = shaders/smartbloom.post
enable_postprocessing = no

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# set the window size (and fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1366
window_size_y = 768
preserve_aspect = no
fullscreen = yes

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

battleswirl_framelimiter = on

use_new_timer = yes

use_stable_timer = yes

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = on

fancy_transparency = off

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# this option requires you to have all your LGP archives unpacked in direct/, with one folder for each archive
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd instead
# this option should be used for testing only, performance will take a hit
direct_mode = off

is ok or not i think isn't because had less options 
i need help plz
« Last Edit: 2011-01-09 19:16:48 by maximaster »

Redd Floyd

Thanks man, that's got her running but with a few issues. The FMV with the Mako reactor and the scenes where Jessie blows the door up and Cloud jumps into the train didn't have any sound. Is there anything I can do about that?

Also, the game couldn't open the file for Aeris' left hand. That was more funny than annoying :3

kainhighwind2

• View Profile
So, I installed Remix and the latest version of Aali's driver. There was nothing listing in the Opengl.cfg towards Avalanche. I don't know if I posted it before, but my resolution is 1366x768, this laptop's highest. I reduced it to 1280c768, didn't change anything. Although now, the game goes full screen and then just stops. No Eidos logo or anything. APP file still blank.

Kylos

• View Profile
Maximaster, change your preserve aspect to Yes, this will cause the game less lag usually.

Also the only reason why you have less options, is because you have not installed Aalis latest custom driver, which can be found here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25

Thanks man, that's got her running but with a few issues. The FMV with the Mako reactor and the scenes where Jessie blows the door up and Cloud jumps into the train didn't have any sound. Is there anything I can do about that?

Also, the game couldn't open the file for Aeris' left hand. That was more funny than annoying :3

I cannot be totally sure about that, seems like some of the files may have been damaged, something i usually do if my movies stop working, is to go into the FF7 folder, and find the movies folder, there is a registry value in there which you can add, which will put the settings of all the FMVs back to normal.

I sometimes lose my videos and they skip by themselves when i use registry cleaners, maybe this has whats happened to you, it cant really hurt to try it.

So, I installed Remix and the latest version of Aali's driver. There was nothing listing in the Opengl.cfg towards Avalanche. I don't know if I posted it before, but my resolution is 1366x768, this laptop's highest. I reduced it to 1280c768, didn't change anything. Although now, the game goes full screen and then just stops. No Eidos logo or anything. APP file still blank.

I had this problem where my opengl would not list the modpath of Avalanche, try downloading these and see if anything happens, also if remix downloaded properly, you should get the new video which they added, which is like a tribute to FF7 with its own music, and is very well done.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9151.0

Get the new GUI, and im thinking the high res would be better for you, i personally got the low res pack and it works fine for me.

kainhighwind2

• View Profile
So I installed Avalanche high res and the new GUI, and the game still doesn't boot. I made my Opengl.cfg closer to yours, and told it that the modpath was avalanche. Currently re-downloading Remix to make sure it all DLed correctly. However... My APP file actually filled out this time! Here it be:

INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x768, output resolution 1024x768, internal resolution 1280x960
-------------

LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...

EDIT: SO, I finished DLing Remix again, and the modpath didn't show avalanche, so I put the latest version of Aali's custom driver back on, then tried to reinstall Avalanche. Well, Avalanche says I don't have Aali's driver at all, now... If I do a fresh install, is there a specific order I should apply everything? Do I have to delete the registry entry while uninstalling? Because I'm unsure how to remove it...
« Last Edit: 2011-01-10 13:51:22 by kainhighwind2 »

maximaster

Maximaster, change your preserve aspect to Yes, this will cause the game less lag usually.

Also the only reason why you have less options, is because you have not installed Aalis latest custom driver, which can be found here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25

I cannot be totally sure about that, seems like some of the files may have been damaged, something i usually do if my movies stop working, is to go into the FF7 folder, and find the movies folder, there is a registry value in there which you can add, which will put the settings of all the FMVs back to normal.

I sometimes lose my videos and they skip by themselves when i use registry cleaners, maybe this has whats happened to you, it cant really hurt to try it.

I had this problem where my opengl would not list the modpath of Avalanche, try downloading these and see if anything happens, also if remix downloaded properly, you should get the new video which they added, which is like a tribute to FF7 with its own music, and is very well done.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9151.0

Get the new GUI, and im thinking the high res would be better for you, i personally got the low res pack and it works fine for me.

i did that you say to change the dialogue boxes but  dosent works :( wath other thing can i do)

Kylos

• View Profile
Your trying to turn transparent dialog boxes off? There is a post i made explaining how to turn those off, if you cant do it in the opengl settings, then go into your ff7 folder and find your patches folder, take the transparentdialogboxes file out of your already patched folder and move it to the Do not want folder.

Kain its odd how you cant find the custom driver, it should be in your FF7 configuration (choco head one), here is the order at which i normally would install my ff7.

1) Install FF7
2) Install FF7 remix
3) Install Aalis latest custom driver
4) Install latest gui and avalanche
5) Install extras (advent children avatars, blue limit break etc.)

maximaster

i did  move to the other foldier "you dont want" but still transparent
 :-(
« Last Edit: 2011-01-11 01:36:04 by maximaster »

abean

Hey all,

I had to reinstall as I am moving all my games to a new drive. After I did a fresh install of FF7 and reran this install, I'm having all kinds of issues.

I've updated FF7RemixShortcuts and OpenGLconfig to the proper locations. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks

Kylos

• View Profile
When i can im going to completely uninstall my dads ff7 on his laptop, and make a complete guide on how to install this properly.

If that dont work for you, then you either follow my instructions wrong, or your FF7 is damaged.

No idea when ill be able to do this, may be sometime over the next few days.

abean

Appreciate it Kylos, do you know when you plan on doing this? Would like to get this working rather soon.

Thanks!

porcupinetree91

First of all thanks for this awesome compilation. I just downloaded and installed the patch. Now when I go to play the game the screen just goes black and nothing happens. I am running XP through bootcamp on my mac. Can anyone help me out? I'm very knew to this.

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
porcupinetree: I doubt I can help (I also doubt I'll return soon enough to get a reply in before everyone else have had their say and sorted it out; I think it's been years since my last post here), but YOU can help US help YOU by providing details on your graphics hardware and drivers (as seen in XP, if it differs from Mac-side) in the meantime. Does unmodded FF7 work? (FF7 1.02, with or without Aali's driver)

Tadah, I crawl out of the woodwork again! Regarding all this about CD-images and prompts about inserting the right disc, I just want to add that you can adjust what drive FF7 tries to find its discs in through the registry. Just search for your installation path (quickest way to find the right place) and look for an entry called 'data_drive' or something like that - adjust to point it to where your CD or image is. Yes, you should even be able to keep all the files on your harddrive and point to that location - not sure what happens if you put all the data in one spot instead of dividing it up per disc then, when the CD-change points come.

Aaand... Sorry if I'm a great big git by asking this, but is this the sort of definite version? That is, I won't need to worry about checking back here for an updated version in the near future? I notice it's been quite a while since 2.5.1 was released. (And if you think that's a complaint, there WILL be trouble!)
Well, definite until new interesting mods come along, anyway?