Author Topic: No Backgrounds being displayed  (Read 2781 times)

Zero

No Backgrounds being displayed
« on: 2006-01-11 21:55:45 »
This is a new problem for me and obviously, i can't solve this on my own. Basically after installing the game, the needed XP patches and copy-ing my save file over to the new computer I ran the game and noticed messed up text (I tried the 8bit fix but that didn't work)
Pic: http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=text5di.jpg

I decided I could live with the problem as logn as the game worked, it's been a while since i played it. So I loaded the game and entered the nearest town to be greeted by this:

Pic: http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=background0uu.jpg

I have no idea how to fix this, it happens in all area's but the world map and battle's. I gave teh FAQ a look through and tried a search on the edios/ea and google but didn't find anything after a couple of hour's. Maybe I'm searchign with the wrong words...

I'm on XP using a Geforce MX 5500 with the latest driver's. I'm also running dual monitor's if that could be a problem? FF7 is running in win95 compatible mode and at 640x480 resolution. I wanted to solve this problem before i attempted the High Res patch that's linked here.

Any help is much appreciated.

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-12 00:52:46 »
try changing the grahics thing to software renderer on the ffconfig

that might do the trick
if you're already on that mode, then i dont really know how to fix this one

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-12 11:38:39 »
I would say get the TNT fix for FF7 (FF7 v1.02 to be exact) and tick the Nvidia/TNT box in the FF7 Config after you patched it.
Also need to check your graphics settings.
I have seen that problem before.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-12 11:43:35 »
I would back up your save game file and do a fresh full installation of the game.  Your game doesn't have a problem rendering the game beacuse you can see the world map.  Your problem looks like it is with the 2D background files.  And don't use the FF7 WinXP patch, that has just caused more headaches for me than it has solved.  Just use the official FF7 1.02 patch found on this forum.  That should null the 8-bit textures in your FF7Config screen and probably get those backgrounds displaying properly.

Zero

« Reply #4 on: 2006-01-12 17:33:02 »
Thankyou for the replies, changing the graphics to software seems to of solved the problem and I now have my backgrounds :) Im going to install the 1.02 patch as by the looks of it the thing seems to cause less problems then the current one I am using.
Once that is done I'll try the high res patch which I think will most likely be more compatable with the 1.02 patch hosted here seeing as it seems to be developed here :)

Again, thanks very much.

Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-01-12 17:53:26 »
If you have animevamps 1.4 xp patch it screws up your system. When i installed it years ago the game stoppped rendering the backgrounds.