Author Topic: [FF8:Rem-PC] RebirthFlame: Remastered v2.0 (Includes Squall+Rinoa Re-Textures)  (Read 68015 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Rebirth Flame: Remastered v2.0 by MCINDUS
This is a character mod for FF8 Remastered Steam version!!

For use only with the PC release of Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (Working on creating a Switch Port)

This mod serves several functions:
The first is to be a full Upscale of the main character battle textures!
The other versions include modified textures for Squall and Rinoa with custom work by myself and includes field model textures to match.
Updated Squall and Rinoa's textures to more closely match the characters we know and love!
Created custom eyes, lips, and matched their coloring to the original 2013 release. (Clothes, hair, etc.)
In the future, once we can update 3d models, I'll be fixing his hair!

To get the ENTIRE Lunatic Pandora Remastered Mods Pack *TBA*, or early access to mods:
Join my PATREON!

Currently, there are four versions of the mod:

Vanilla Upscaled:
(DEMASTER Dependent)
RebirthFlame-Remastered v2.0-V
Direct: https://mega.nz/file/DpgFSQxI#RA7S_erbpRjJc1evXEipEyuh4EtXbL1R9It1Jy0YRJk
Vanilla Remastered textures doubled in resolution with an ESRGAN AI model (6x the size of the original game textures)
RebirthFlame-Remastered v2.0-SR 
Direct: https://mega.nz/file/uxoVGYwD#l3E5DE390D1W4bJXB5VH9u0lPxJTPPnohDpJz3KlDFY
Upscale Pack which also includes BRAND NEW Squall and Rinoa custom textures! (Requires FieldModelTextures Mod to be installed first)

Low Resolution Versions:
(NOT COMPATIBLE with FieldModelTextures Mod - these can inject into main.zzz)
RebirthFlame-Remastered v2.0-SRL
Direct: https://mega.nz/file/fgpB0CQZ#XQutgaf1r-ODR1RhpU9Tp9CFIW5YBWX6_8sdaeR3unE
Only the BRAND NEW Squall and Rinoa low resolution 1:1 custom replacements
RebirthFlame-Remastered v1.1-Z
OLD version Squall replacement, low resolution 1:1

New Squall:

The first two versions must be used with the DEMASTER mod tool, as you can't use higher resolution textures using zzzDeArchive tool.
Third version is only the NEW Squall and Rinoa textures, but 1/2 resolution and can be injected into the main.zzz or with DEMASTER.
Fourth version is the OLD version and is NOT Upscaled, but is a 1:1 size replacement of custom Squall Textures (older rendition).

Get DEMASTER Mod Tool HERE
Get zzzDeArchive HERE

PLEASE DONATE HERE!

This is the official release! Let me know if you find any bugs!

Thanks to Sebanisu and Maki for making mods possible!

Enjoy!

**CREATED 10/22/2019**
**EDITED 5/13/2021**
Join my PATREON for perks!
« Last Edit: 2022-05-16 02:40:42 by Mcindus »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: [FF8:Remastered] RebirthFlame: Remastered v1.1
« Reply #1 on: 2019-10-22 07:54:52 »
Rinoa Preview - made her eyes smaller to match FMV Rinoa, took off her red lipstick, and dropped her neck-line as much as I could without warping/bad UVs

« Last Edit: 2019-10-22 08:40:42 by Mcindus »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-10-22 11:38:16 »

greator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-10-22 19:56:01 »
Does Squall eyes really that small?

Also the outside part of Rinoa's eyes doesn't match the CG

kinda weird with your curved eyes. And she does wear a light lipstick or a visible pink.
If you can make her nose to be triangle shape instead of vertical (the shadow) that would be nice.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #4 on: 2019-10-22 20:04:47 »
In almost all instances of seeing squall, his eyes are much narrower than what the Remaster made available. I didn't really make them smaller, just more narrow. I think I should add a little bit of the lower eyelids back into his image (which will fix some of the proportion) so that it looks more like his FMV, and bring his eyebrows down a few pixels. The image you posted is literally the largest/widest you ever see his eyes aside from the single tear moment at the end of the game, so I'd rather not use that as my main reference model.

As far as Rinoa is concerned, I used the same eyes they had, and simply lowered their size.  Her eyes are actually curved in MANY scenes, so I used the Remaster eyes to test and see if they would work. They look good, but I feel like angling them a little bit so they don't curve as much is a good idea. I might even simply just copy/paste her FMV eyes in and go for that look. I think she needs a bit thicker eyelashes on the outer edge of her eyes, and the remaster texture doesn't give me much to work with.
I didn't remove all of her lipstick, just made it not bright red and more of a nude color (aside from her ballroom texture, which has the red lipstick). I might want to make it a bit maroon if I change it to anything.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-10-23 19:38:49 »
i don't own the remaster so tell me to do one if you want,2013 release all the way bitches lol but ever since i saw squall's new model in the remaster apart from his jaundice an general stupid face, which you have fixed brilliantly btw,the main thing that stuck me an i dunno why , the feathery fabric whatever it is around the back of his head. its just too white needs some grey in it , slight in the FMV's but real noticeable in game. what do you recon?
« Last Edit: 2019-10-23 19:48:29 by gunner_1207 »

hewell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-10-26 07:57:08 »
I don't want to be an a**hole or sound annoying but...
It's okay than the remastered version is a Disney type but this mod version is like botox-sims face, it looks to weird for me, I just say it because, if you can, keep working in the model.
Again, sorry but I just had to said it.
Thanks for all the work and time.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-10-26 19:46:29 »
Definitely sticking with the 2013 release but I've been playing around this morning with Rinoa's field texture; not great by any means but at least the dress have a more accurate color.

For those interested: https://www.sendspace.com/file/8t2fzb

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-10-27 04:04:52 »
isn't more easy to just substitute the remastered models with the models used for the cutscenes ? i mean , the whole models , not only the face , just swap the normal remastered models with those used for the rendered sequences

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #9 on: 2019-10-27 08:34:31 »
isn't more easy to just substitute the remastered models with the models used for the cutscenes ? i mean , the whole models , not only the face , just swap the normal remastered models with those used for the rendered sequences

That's just not possible yet. -- and no one has ever made ones or ripped ones from the originals, so there's also that issue.  I'm going to be creating new models from scratch, so that by the time we CAN replace models, we'll have good ones to use.

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2019-10-27 12:18:37 »
at that point you could also try to recreate the shape of the rendered models , but what make the model swap so hard ?

vCoppola

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2019-11-20 17:09:05 »
I see this as the first step, maybe the final goal could look like this (got it from steam forums):

vavrinko

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2019-12-20 20:17:30 »
Can I somehow take only the hair texture and use it with the vanilla face? I quite like the big eyes but the hair is terrible  :-D

Manakaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2019-12-21 04:26:00 »
fantastic job on the new hair!

LightFury

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2019-12-21 14:16:17 »
Yeah, at first impression, the "problem" is the hair, not the face.

LightFury

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2019-12-21 14:27:34 »
This is "a game" I played with photoshop this summer ... I never liked squall's new hair. They are not "canon"

ednarg800

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2019-12-22 13:44:03 »
is it possible to use the remastered models in the old pc version?

Zellphie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2020-02-01 17:20:47 »
Hello,
is there a link to dowload the Remastered models please?
I want to make Final Fantasy VIII levels on TRLE (tomb raider level editor), so I need models.
Thank you :)

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2020-02-02 20:12:33 »
is it possible to use the remastered models in the old pc version?
Not at present.  Original PC-CD owners (like me) are pretty much screwed because of how SE did the graphics conversion.  We'll have to wait until a new driver gets released, or the OpenVIII team goes gold.

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2020-04-24 16:47:24 »
I applaud your attempt at trying to do this mod.Here's a thought. I've been attempting to create Squall in game using FFXIV Character Creation.I hope this could be somewhat helpful reference?

Spoiler: show

I was under the impression Square Enix have the capability to produce a "canon" looking Squall based on this character i create with their Character Creation...But they choose his Dissidia look instead.

I just wish If only i can put this straight into ff8 remastered ill be a happy camper..But alas im just providing this for reference.It's not perfect but it kinda do the job?(ive been doing make-belief playing as Squall getting lost in world of FFXIV in Eorzea)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #20 on: 2020-05-15 00:33:02 »
I see this as the first step, maybe the final goal could look like this (got it from steam forums):

This is not a mod folks, just a photoshop reference of how SE should have made Squall's hairstyle. Not sure what is needed to edit the model's hair textures but obviously that's not yet possible ;).

mijatlpijat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2021-01-01 10:24:15 »
how do you install this mod? I dont even know how to use the extractor program

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Added several new versions of this Mod! Updated my Squall and Rinoa textures (let me know if you find glitches!) and added full 2x Upscales of the original Remastered battle character textures!

Pick the version that best suits your needs, but if you pick the 'SR' version (not SRL), make sure you install the FieldModelTextures Mod first!

OblivionViridia

• View Profile
What's Your Process/Workflow,
How Do You Do To Squall And Rinoa's Textures.