Author Topic: Switching in-battle models  (Read 2482 times)

chocomog

• View Profile
Switching in-battle models
« on: 2005-04-08 22:26:43 »
Alright, this is gonna sound wierd, but I tried to switch Cid's in battle model to an enemy's. I used LGPtools to switch all the models (Cid's head with the enemy's head, body with body, etc). But when I go into battle, really weird stuff happens; the new model sorta shows up, but when I try to do anything with Cid, the game locks up.

How do I switch models correctly, or is it impossible? Thanks.

Neo Bahamut

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-08 23:28:10 »
I have no idea about this kinda stuff but I'd assume that the enemy models wouldn't have all the animations needed for Cid's movements. Meaning, when you go from the idle animation to an attack animation (or some other action) it would probably crash.

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-09 06:37:58 »
It is possible - but the thing is that the enemy would have to be based on Cid's skeleton so he would lookf pretty deformed. The aa-ab-ac-ad files hold the eye/mouth texture and skeleton + animation. The latter two you cannot change - it equals crash. Others you can change freely, but bear in mind that for example am can be body for one model, for second it can be right hand. You have to check what looks how and switch it... That's how I made a young-Sephiroth based on Cloud model - looked funny, but worked, had all LB's etc..