Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII - Last Order OVA  (Read 12301 times)

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
Final Fantasy VII - Last Order OVA
« on: 2005-06-25 11:28:15 »
Here it goes - along with the limited edition of Final Fantasy VII : Advent Children, there will be a animated OVA released, most probably regarding the Turks, and Zack-Cloud-Sephiroth part of Nibelheim. Said to be a typical length OVA of about 30mins, Tetsuya Nomura artwork, animated kind of like the Before Crisis ads.

Enjoy!

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-25 19:48:44 »
omfg.... I don't think I can describe how happy I am.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-27 03:45:44 »
god damn i wonder how much money this will make for squeenix

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-28 11:36:53 »
Damn them.

Can't they just leave my game alone? -_-

Every new FFVII product they bring out just makes it feel "cheaper" *shivers*

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #4 on: 2005-07-04 21:22:39 »
Quote from: Sir Canealot
Damn them.

Can't they just leave my game alone? -_-

Every new FFVII product they bring out just makes it feel "cheaper" *shivers*

Why is that? Really? I mean a lot of people say that, but why not they make a sequel? I mean if they did it well it'd be great.. Right?

I'm sure they are going to make a hefty sum off of the FF7 franchise.. The OVA, Movie, game.. etc..

I think if they actually remade FF7 with updated graphics it would be awesome.. Probably enough for me to run out and buy a ps3.. If they were really going to make me cry they would make it so i could hook the PS3 to my computer monitor instead of a crappy tv..

I'd cry and worship sony and Squeenix.. ^_^

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-07-04 21:53:27 »
Quote from: Caddberry

Why is that? Really? I mean a lot of people say that, but why not they make a sequel? I mean if they did it well it'd be great.. Right?

I hate to bring it up, but what about FFX-2?

The original game itself was a very good game imo, and ive just started playing it again.

But X-2 Was just a bad game imo.  

And from what I can tell, not many other people like it either :/

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #6 on: 2005-07-05 01:05:14 »
yeah but ffvii was HUGE.. even if it sucked peopel would still buy the sequel... or prequel ><

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #7 on: 2005-07-05 06:00:43 »
I thought X-2 was alright.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #8 on: 2005-07-05 07:03:36 »
I never played X-2 so.. I couldnt tell ya..

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #9 on: 2005-07-05 09:05:19 »
i liek x-2.. up until it decided to freeze at thsi one point.. every time i tried to get past it failed (

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-07-05 10:00:56 »
I know for a fact I would buy FFVII-2 If it was made, just for the fact that its FFVII

Tiesto

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005-07-05 15:39:07 »
Ok, I would like the remake of FF7, and would also like to see the sequel as a game, but lets face it, never gonna happen.  I wanna see FF7AC when it does come out, and will probably have it improted from the states when that happens (november this year I believe).  As for FFX-2, major disappointment for me, I expected so much more from the game, rather than 3 characters through the whole game... I'm sure wveryone loved the ability to actively change ur characters mid battle in FFX, they took that enjoyment away for me in part 2.  The battle system too, 10 had it down nicely, part 2 crapped all over it and generally made me wish I could bun every copy of it in the world.  But back to my first point.... FF7-2 would not be a good idea, film looks good as it is and they would probably shit it all up by implementing a new battle system.

Niai

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-07-05 16:57:41 »
Moo. Here comes Final Fantasy VII, the SquareEnix cash cow! Come on, this really is getting ridiculous. I wish they'd work harder on giving us something different instead of all these unecessary spin-offs. Perhaps then we wouldn't have to wait so long for FFXII to see the light of day.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #13 on: 2005-07-05 20:02:23 »
I'd say since Square has their full usual-sized development team constantly working on FFXII anyway, there's not really a delay just because they also do other games/spinoffs in parallel. If anything has been delayed constantly it's the FF7 spinoffs, remember?

Winter

« Reply #14 on: 2005-07-06 23:27:48 »
FF7 only a money-making game now.
I'd agree only with releasing Advent Children as a animated film and a sequel of the game, but no more.

And you see what they have done? Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus... till they make to FC it will be Fucking Canibals.

Stop using FF7 for making money Square or you gonna pay for it in the future.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #15 on: 2005-07-07 00:29:06 »
Ehm... not to be a nitpick, but how many game companies do you know that aren't in it for the money? FF7 itself was purely a gamble to make money, so was FF6, FF5, FF4, FF3, FF2 and FF1. Oh sure they've regretted it badly this far, oh yes. Besides, fans have been begging for years for remakes "oh pleeeease remake FF7 it would be so good and everyone would buy it and I would play it every day and sleep with it under my pillow etc. etc.". Now they actually are returning to one of the most popularly demanded content, namely more FF7, and the "purists" are complaining it's bad and will somehow "pollute" their own impressions of the original.

Come on, they aren't even out yet. At least play them before condemning them, and pretend they're not FF7 or whatever if you feel they don't "fit". And there's always the option of not buying it. I don't know, I just don't see what's bad about giving a lot of people what they want and the rest of us at least a choice [of playing it or not]. Square knows they could never make a one true FF7 sequel that everyone would like, so they're making these small add-ons instead. Chances are that most fans will find some part they will like and purchase.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #16 on: 2005-07-07 06:48:24 »
meh squeenix has too many movies coming from their games..

... and i remmeber dreaming about new ff7 stuff like here

Winter

« Reply #17 on: 2005-07-23 00:05:46 »
Quote from: Qhimm
Ehm... not to be a nitpick, but how many game companies do you know that aren't in it for the money? FF7 itself was purely a gamble to make money, so was FF6, FF5, FF4, FF3, FF2 and FF1. Oh sure they've regretted it badly this far, oh yes. Besides, fans have been begging for years for remakes "oh pleeeease remake FF7 it would be so good and everyone would buy it and I would play it every day and sleep with it under my pillow etc. etc.". Now they actually are returning to one of the most popularly demanded content, namely more FF7, and the "purists" are complaining it's bad and will somehow "pollute" their own impressions of the original.

Come on, they aren't even out yet. At least play them before condemning them, and pretend they're not FF7 or whatever if you feel they don't "fit". And there's always the option of not buying it. I don't know, I just don't see what's bad about giving a lot of people what they want and the rest of us at least a choice [of playing it or not]. Square knows they could never make a one true FF7 sequel that everyone would like, so they're making these small add-ons instead. Chances are that most fans will find some part they will like and purchase.

Wait a minute, FF7 is a special game, especially for me, I don't how about you, but I hate Square for what they are doing. I only hear about new compilation of FF7, it stinks. Don't tell me that the other episodes were also compilated. Only FFX had its own continuation.
Besides, they have also released alot of new gadgets. I'd like to buy some gadget, but it's a bit too high-priced and not available in Europe. They made a money-making game from my FF7 and I will never forget that.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #18 on: 2005-07-23 10:57:46 »
Quote from: Winter
Wait a minute, FF7 is a special game, especially for me, I don't how about you, but I hate Square for what they are doing. I only hear about new compilation of FF7, it stinks.

Thank you for providing an excellent example of what I was talking about. Hey, I just had a great idea! Don't play them! Easy as pie, no one gets hurt, Square still makes millions from them.

Don't tell me that the other episodes were also compilated. Only FFX had its own continuation.

I don't seem to recall that I did. My point was that all their games are basically capitalistically motivated.

Besides, they have also released alot of new gadgets. I'd like to buy some gadget, but it's a bit too high-priced and not available in Europe.

So... I guess I should interpret this as "the difference between a service and a money-making game is whether you approve of it". Hey, Square should hire you as a market consultant!

They made a money-making game from my FF7 and I will never forget that.

Reality check: it wasn't yours to begin with. Square would be well in their right to paint it pink and call it a pig, but they don't. Why? Because it's not sound business. The fact that you as a fan don't like their current methods and they're still doing it can only mean that you, my friend, must be a minority among gamers. Thank god you can at least choose to not support this foul display of respectless capitalism. Because you are going to resist buying them, aren't you?

Winter

« Reply #19 on: 2005-07-23 12:01:11 »
You're funny, really, maybe because that you're from Japan ;)
But let's get back to the topic.

FF7, great PC/PS game, which was HIT all over the world in 1997/1998. After a few years, SquareEnix noticed that this game is a clue to make really good money, so they are making a compilations for EVERY console, mobile phone, PC and etc.

Man, don't tell me it doesn't stinks? Using so good title to make so many similar games, movies is really terrible. FF7:AC is acceptable, but Crisis Core, Dirge od Ceberus, Before Crisis and now Last Order? Don't make me laugh, they made a funny business from our game (FF7) and only a real fan can understand it.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: 2005-07-23 13:38:31 »
The really funny thing is that you think "Using so good title to make so many similar games, movies is really terrible", yet fail to notice how FF7 itself falls into that category. Notice that seven? It's because there were (at least!) six previous games.

Square has always been trying to squeeze money out of their creations. Which is Qhimms point: They're a company, it's what they do. It's what they were doing when they released FF7 originally, and it's what they're doing now. You're well within your rights to like some of their releases and not others, but saying that FF7 was some creation of pure art and appreciation of their fans, while the new releases are completely commercially driven, is missing the point that they're both pretty much the same.

(As an aside, Qhimm isn't Japanese, he just lives there at the moment. The crazy fool... ;) )

Elbart_

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005-07-23 17:56:22 »

FF7, great PC/PS game, which was HIT all over the world in 1997/1998. After a few years, SquareEnix noticed that this game is a clue to make really good money, so they are making a compilations for EVERY console, mobile phone, PC and etc.

Man, don't tell me it doesn't stinks?Using so good title to make so many similar games, movies is really terrible. FF7:AC is acceptable, but Crisis Core, Dirge od Ceberus, Before Crisis and now Last Order?

No, it doesn't stink. It is their right to do so, and the reaction from the gaming community is interpreted right by me, then they will make LOADS of $$$ with the products. And, if you didn't noticed this by now, your opinions is to SE what a dropped bag of rice in china is for me: completely unimportant and not of any interest. Buy it or not.

Don't make me laugh, they made a funny business from our game (FF7) and only a real fan can understand it.

[/quote]

OUR game? Oh my god, now you really gotta wake up from the "SE is our friend"-dream of yours. Ah well...

jm2c

Elbart

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #22 on: 2005-07-23 18:27:13 »
Don't make me laugh, they made a funny business from our game (FF7) and only a real fan can understand it.

So, you're the only real fan in here? Well, I don't think so.
Did you think about that SE produces so much FF7 stuff because the "real fans" want them to do this? (that also means they will buy it, and SE earns money, of course)

- Alhexx

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005-07-23 18:32:47 »

I beleive Qhimm is swedish, not japanese. (Not sure on that though... I know he isnt Japanese)

Stop over emphasizing.  So they are making a PS2/3 game and a mobile phone game... There are no PC games being developed, and for no other consoles.  and what are you on about "Compilations"?

Man, don't tell me it doesn't stinks? Using so good title to make so many similar games, movies is really terrible. FF7:AC is acceptable, but Crisis Core, Dirge od Ceberus, Before Crisis and now Last Order? Don't make me laugh, they made a funny business from our game (FF7) and only a real fan can understand it.

So... are you telling me that square making a new set of material for the public is a bad idea and shouldnt be done... Even though thousands and thousands of fans asked for a some kind of sequal.

If you dont like what they are doing, dont watch or play any of the new material.  Simple as.

Winter

« Reply #24 on: 2005-07-23 20:19:27 »
Doesn't matter what nationality he is.

I haven't seen any petition saying "Dear Square, please make another FF7 story-based movie/game".

Don't forget that there are also many people who doesn't want Square to make any sequels. They are making them, because they see that they can earn alot of money.

Guys, I just don't like when a company sucks everything the best what a game offered. FF7 is just such a game and it should stay as it is.

Anyway, sorry, but I can't express many things in English, it's not my native language :-)