Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 572075 times)

Thabass

Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #575 on: 2007-01-05 01:10:31 »
Hey all, I am trying to get this patch to work, but I keep getting a error when I load a game.

The error is: Cannot load ACFE.aki.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2007-01-05 03:51:08 »
sounds to me like your lpg tools is out of date and needs updating or the fix

Thabass

« Reply #577 on: 2007-01-05 13:32:15 »
I found the fix thread, but it doesn't find the file to download. :(

Braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2007-01-06 17:33:32 »
i have this problem too, but i find this solution:

if you have the original char.lgp

run lgp tools and find the file ACFE.a, extract it, now open the char modified with lgp tools and replace the file

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #579 on: 2007-01-09 13:43:10 »
Hey ppl i've got a question: NPC RCP doesnt only alter char.lgp files, it also makes files in world_us.lgp and chocobo.lgp.
But i have the german version, so i have world_gm.lgp and gchocobo.lgp which means the patch cant make changes in these files, even when i rename them to the english names, the patch says: "unknown version".
So my question is: Could you maybe make a LGP-patch that works for the german lgp-files too? Would that be possible? Or could someone give me the files that are changed in the two lgp-files?
Thanks for answers and help!

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2007-01-09 14:35:10 »
Well... my first thought is that the patcher just did remplace these files because you don't have to mess with LGP tools for those files... execpt for the char.lgp of course.... many people that don't have the us version did managed to patch those files just by renaming them ... are you sure that it's those files that the patcher doesn't know... it might just be the files in your char folder that are somehow alter.... maybe you should try to make a new char folder with the original files char.lgp from the cd ... 

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #581 on: 2007-01-09 15:46:57 »
When the lgp-files world and menu have the german name, the patcher does nothing with them and makes the changes with the char files, and when they have the english name, the patcher says "world_us.lgp/chocobo_us.lgp: unknown version" and does nothing, so im not able to get the good chocobos or world map data.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2007-01-09 18:04:04 »
I see... well ... didn't I tell you how I hate this file verification on this patcher hehe... well.. I'll try to talk to Ice_cold about that ... I think that the patcher shouln't check the size of the files... because it may somehow be different in some version of the game... Well I'll try to upload a zip with all the files you will need as soon as I have the time to do it... it should work until the patcher is changed.

See you

lparcshinoda

• The story never ends ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2007-01-11 06:56:16 »
Hi all you guys. I appreciated your work and I really thank you for the NPC reconstruction patch. Are you still working on it and how is the work going ?? (90 %) Keep working like that.  :-)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2007-01-11 17:33:01 »
Hi lparcshinoda and Wellcome!

Well.. it's been a little while since we worked on this project... but we will work again as soon as we have the time.  I don't realy know how much is done for now..... maybe a little more like 70% or 80%... But I'm not sure.

Oh and thanks for your support.  :-)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2007-01-19 22:19:50 »
Hello everyone. This can be a bit off-topic, but since it's thightly releated with this project, I'll let you know that I've released a new version of Kimera. You can get it from the Programming feedback section.
These are good news for this project, too. Now I can get back and do some more NPCs  :wink:

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2007-01-19 23:00:00 »
Hey Borde .. as I said in your Kimera thread I found some bugs and I will tell you more about them on MSN.

And hey ppl... as soon as the bugs are fixed in kimera I gonna restart doing models... So well.. the project will continue on :-D  hehe

See you.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2007-01-20 07:01:35 »
Thanks Borde and Stormmedia for your dedication!! Keep it up, guys!  :wink:

Duellos

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2007-01-20 11:02:24 »
Hello
I have the same problem as Christian because i have a french version of Final Fantasy 7.
So il must wait an update.

Thanks for your job with the others files (char.lgp) which is working perfectly  :-D

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 2007-01-20 15:15:51 »
I will fix the next noe so that it work's with the French one

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #590 on: 2007-01-20 15:46:33 »
If its possible without very much work, please fix it for german versions of the game too  :wink:

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 2007-01-20 15:49:45 »
In fact I think he meant that I'll fix the versions incompatibility hehe.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2007-01-20 19:31:27 »
In fact I think he meant that I'll fix the versions incompatibility hehe.

Yep that want i meant

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 2007-01-28 03:34:25 »
I don't see any problem with compatibility. I have Spanish version and this mod works very well (maybe it has been said, but I'm not going to read the whole thread, too many pages XD ). I have installed the following:

1.02 official patch
Chocobo patch
Some options from the dziugo (I think I spelled correctly :P ) multipatcher
Cloud High-Res Mod
This mod

For the skepticals, here's a shot (click to enlarge) :

Oh, and I didn't have to rename world_sp to world_us. In fact, the first time I did, and returned the "unknown version" error. With it's original name (world_sp) it worked :D

BTW, I'm new here and I want to say Hello, Congratulations, and Keep Up The Good Work.

NeXaR

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #594 on: 2007-01-28 07:51:20 »
So you dont play with The Saints high-res patch. The NPC-RCP normally makes changes in world_us.lgp and chocobo.lgp, but when you dont files that have that names (yours are world_sp.lgp) the patch wont make changes on world map or chocobo minigame. But when you rename non-english lgp files to english names, the patch says "Unknown version".

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 2007-01-28 08:56:35 »
Hi NeXaR and Wellcome!!

In fact the patcher will just install a part of the patch if you don't have the us version... you will only have the field models changed... the world map and the mini game will remain the old square's ones... But fortunaltly Ice_cold will fix this on the next version :-) hehe.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 2007-01-28 10:33:04 »
Glad to see everyone back on board with the project.  Don't get me wrong, you guys did deserve a break.  :wink:

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2007-01-28 13:26:58 »
So you dont play with The Saints high-res patch. The NPC-RCP normally makes changes in world_us.lgp and chocobo.lgp, but when you dont files that have that names (yours are world_sp.lgp) the patch wont make changes on world map or chocobo minigame. But when you rename non-english lgp files to english names, the patch says "Unknown version".

No, I don't use the high res patch (yet). I'm going to look at the english patched and unpatched exes, to try to figure out how to do the same with the spanish exe (If I get any results, I'll post in the forum)

Oh so field models aren't changed... I haven't exitted Midgar yet :P Thanks for the info. I'm waiting for the next version!

NeXaR

lparcshinoda

• The story never ends ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2007-01-28 17:11:57 »
I managed to get all the patches to work on the italian version (a translation that was using the spanish exe and the us lgp files) by replacing just the exe with the 1.02 one and patching it all as I wanted... ;)

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2007-01-28 17:46:18 »
What about applying the mod before installing hi-res patch? Those handle different files so there won't be incompatibility.
So, I mean install NPC RP to original filename, then rename, then install Hi-res patch. That should work.