Author Topic: Halkun can't be "The Leader Guy" anymore....  (Read 11124 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Halkun can't be "The Leader Guy" anymore....
« on: 2007-08-24 11:01:14 »
Yes, this is true. I, Halkun "The Leader Guy" is dead... Long live Q-Gears!

For the last few months, my presence here has been less and less. The reason why is because I've started my own software development house, and really have been devoting all my time to that. Q-gears has been a wonderful experiment for me to understand the software development and management process. However, it is time for me to move on. I'm not going away, but I think it's time for new leadership.

I hereby announce an opening for the job of The Q-Gears "Leader Guy"

"The Leader Guy" will get the admin keys to the Sourceforge page, and Q-gears website. I will still be mod on the forum, and admin on the wiki.  so I'm not going *completely* away. The new "Leader Guy" will also have the following responsibilities.

- SVN management.
- Release management
- Manage IP issues. (For example, looking out for Square code or assets sneaking into SVN or any distribution of Q-gears)
- Come up with long term and short term goals to work on.
- Promote Q-Gears with every release, such as posting to Linux Game Tome or other indy game sites.

That's all I can really think of.

I would really like some comments on this. I would like the transition to be as painless as possible.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-24 11:05:52 by halkun »

G

• , kupo.
    • View Profile
Re: Halkun can't be "The Leader Guy" anymore....
« Reply #1 on: 2007-08-24 11:14:15 »
I want to be one of candidates for this job :)

JWP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-08-24 15:27:22 »
It's a shame to see you go halkun but good luck with your software development :).
Heh, I doubt I'll be applying, I couldn't even organise my room let along a massive project lol.
How is the new leader going to be decided, are you going to pick yourself halkun, or are you going to put it down to voting?

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-08-24 22:10:09 »
Yes, this is true. I, Halkun "The Leader Guy" is dead... Long live Q-Gears!

For the last few months, my presence here has been less and less. The reason why is because I've started my own software development house, and really have been devoting all my time to that. Q-gears has been a wonderful experiment for me to understand the software development and management process. However, it is time for me to move on. I'm not going away, but I think it's time for new leadership.

I hereby announce an opening for the job of The Q-Gears "Leader Guy"
I was hoping you would last longer than the last one! (We need to stop hanging leaders.. it makes the job have a high attrition rate).
We I can't say I didn't see it coming. However I think you should be stuffed in group still. I can't volunteer for the position due to working too much (I tend to do that). However it appears once I get relocated (IE an apartment or house etc.) I'll have a bit more time for these things.  Maybe we should do something like a business type thing a directors board a primary exec and work in that structure. This way we can sit down and hash out what which way things are going and delegate tasks to people .  Pairing people in teams will help since it prevents someone feeling all alone.  Those are a few ideas.
I won't miss you because you aren't gone so Thppt! :)

Cyb

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-08-25 12:46:41 »
Who was the last leader? Only thing I can remember was the original FF7 remake project by Ficedula.

Jari

« Reply #5 on: 2007-08-25 13:05:42 »
Methinks it was a joke. :)

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-08-25 14:24:03 »
Only thing I can remember was the original FF7 remake project by Ficedula.

I nether see such thing. I saw some skreenshots, but nether playable version.

By the way I think G is best candidate for leader guy. He working on project and has much interest in playing original data.

ps: Q-Gears blog is here http://community.livejournal.com/q_gears/

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #7 on: 2007-08-25 15:04:27 »
Little OT: Dunno why, but when JWP asked if there will be voting involved, it reminded me of "Pirates of the Caribbean 3" type of voting :)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-08-25 21:49:18 »
Akari, it was a closed project. It did except FF7 data.

BesideTheVoid

• formerly known as ProtoArmor
    • View Profile
    • Official BesideTheVoid Productions Website
« Reply #9 on: 2007-08-31 20:19:25 »
Perhaps splitting up tasks would help(?) while replacing Halkun's job.  One thing I could do is release management. 

Contact me if anything administrative such as that is needed, as I am busy programming other stuff but would like to help.
« Last Edit: 2007-08-31 20:49:13 by OrangejuiceElectronica »

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-08-31 23:45:23 »
Well I will back G, but I won't let him have my glasses! (or my wooden eye).

Cyb

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-09-05 12:53:22 »
I vote G.

Terra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-09-30 15:35:21 »
I vote G