Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836911 times)

nmystryker

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7325 on: 2018-10-15 22:16:39 »
alright then, I understand. I was just afraid that I would miss him here and never see him later since I missed his trigger or something. Keep up the great work.

nmystryker

• View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: 2018-10-18 06:54:20 »
so another question. I read the readme and there was something there about morphing bosses to get nice things if I have the time and ability to try. So far I have morphed all the bosses I can since Jenova on the boat and none have turned into anything. do you have a list of who can be morphed so I dont waste my time trying to morph every single boss? I dont want to know what they turn into, just a yes or no list would be great. its really slowing me down setting up before every encounter.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: 2018-10-18 15:47:29 »
so another question. I read the readme and there was something there about morphing bosses to get nice things if I have the time and ability to try. So far I have morphed all the bosses I can since Jenova on the boat and none have turned into anything. do you have a list of who can be morphed so I dont waste my time trying to morph every single boss? I dont want to know what they turn into, just a yes or no list would be great. its really slowing me down setting up before every encounter.

Morphable
Aps
Hundred Gunner
Heli-Gunner
Thunder-Gunner
Dark Nation (not possible on Arrange Mode)
Rubicante GT
Illuyankas
Jenova1
Jenova Node A
Jenova Node B
Red Dragon
Demon's Gate

Unmorphable
Human bosses (turks, Dyne, etc.)
Gi Nattak
Lost Number
Materia Keeper
Rapps
Jenova2
Schizo
Jenova3
Carry Armour
Diamond Weapon
Proud Clod
Hojo

There's a long stretch after the jenova1 encounter in which all bosses encountered cannot morph into anything (this includes the extra encounters I've not listed). Remember that random enemies can also be morphed and the larger/dangerous ones tend to have good stuff as well.

nmystryker

• View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: 2018-10-18 23:05:57 »
Thank you so much for this list, I appreciate it. I'm loving this mod so much so far.

TheBeaglez

• View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: 2018-10-20 05:31:12 »
Hey segachief. I just finished watching death play through your mod. looks fantastic. I'm trying to install it but the installer is giving me some trouble. I've tried searching for the answer but I'm having a really hard time. I watched your video on the install process. I'm putting it to the steam version to the data folder. My file path is C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/FINALFANTASYVII/data. The files named in the readme already had the proper names. When I try to select the data folder I get a message that says <The destination directory doesn't contain any files to update>
I tried moving it to the desktop and same message. I made sure it was unblocked and ran as admin. I made sure nothing was running except for the installer. I've read throuh the documentation attached to the post and the FAQ. Also I'm using windows 10. If you or someone else could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I'm going to keep searching in the meantime and will update if I get it. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Thanks in advance.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: 2018-10-20 14:11:48 »
Hey segachief. I just finished watching death play through your mod. looks fantastic. I'm trying to install it but the installer is giving me some trouble. I've tried searching for the answer but I'm having a really hard time. I watched your video on the install process. I'm putting it to the steam version to the data folder. My file path is C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/FINALFANTASYVII/data. The files named in the readme already had the proper names. When I try to select the data folder I get a message that says <The destination directory doesn't contain any files to update>
I tried moving it to the desktop and same message. I made sure it was unblocked and ran as admin. I made sure nothing was running except for the installer. I've read throuh the documentation attached to the post and the FAQ. Also I'm using windows 10. If you or someone else could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I'm going to keep searching in the meantime and will update if I get it. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Thanks in advance.

Those videos are out of date, the install target is now one level up to modify the .exe; point it at C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/FINALFANTASYVII instead.

nmystryker

• View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: 2018-10-20 21:31:32 »
so, just finished wutai pagoda. Gorky's many names is done on purpose huh?

TheBeaglez

• View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: 2018-10-21 15:18:46 »
Those videos are out of date, the install target is now one level up to modify the .exe; point it at C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/FINALFANTASYVII instead.

That did it. Thanks so much. really enjoying it so far. I saw that in a set of directions for 7H I think so I tried it and it hung at 0% until I backed out but no issues this time. Not sure what I did the frist time to cause it to hang.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: 2018-10-21 20:51:41 »
so, just finished wutai pagoda. Gorky's many names is done on purpose huh?

Do you mean shake? All of the fights have a gimmick of some sort.

Spoiler: show
first fight has super defense and you lose if he powers up completely
Second fight shake is "super fast" so to simulate that there are actually 6 enemies named the same thing to be simulate an after image
third fight can only be damaged by magic and using an attack item will cause them to reset their hp to full
4th fight he hits hard and fast and applies poison and dual
5th fight is godo, same as vanilla mechanic wise.

TadGhostal99

• View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: 2018-10-22 22:56:21 »
Oddity, in the Nibelheim flashback, in arrange mode, when Cloud and Sephiroth fight the dragon, you can lose that fight. I just kept hitting 'attack,' and the dragon eventually killed Sephiroth, who froze in place as he has no death animation, I got 'Defeated...' and the normal party death music played. The battle ended, and I was back in Kalm, and the cutscene continued with Cloud talking about how Sephiroths strength is unreal despite just telling how he got jobbed out by a random dragon in the road.

Hubi00

• View Profile
« Reply #7335 on: 2018-10-26 17:54:41 »
Hi there sorry for disturbing this important developement discussion.
I want to play NT again after some time but i wanted to find an item drop/steal/morph list first to spare me some gray hair.
I could not find something up to date like this and the discussions i found are outdated by years too except for this here.
So my question is if you could please put me a link for some lists if there is something up to date.
If not then i am thinking about doing the list myself.
Thank you for your time. ;D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: 2018-10-26 19:23:06 »
Oddity, in the Nibelheim flashback, in arrange mode, when Cloud and Sephiroth fight the dragon, you can lose that fight. I just kept hitting 'attack,' and the dragon eventually killed Sephiroth, who froze in place as he has no death animation, I got 'Defeated...' and the normal party death music played. The battle ended, and I was back in Kalm, and the cutscene continued with Cloud talking about how Sephiroths strength is unreal despite just telling how he got jobbed out by a random dragon in the road.

I'll add a dialogue handler for if the fight is lost; 'jobbed out' made me laugh.

Hi there sorry for disturbing this important developement discussion.
I want to play NT again after some time but i wanted to find an item drop/steal/morph list first to spare me some gray hair.
I could not find something up to date like this and the discussions i found are outdated by years too except for this here.
So my question is if you could please put me a link for some lists if there is something up to date.
If not then i am thinking about doing the list myself.
Thank you for your time. ;D

Your best bet is to get the Proud Clod (PrC) tool from this board and then open the game's scene.bin; then you can check enemies directly and see what they've got along with other info.

Hubi00

• View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: 2018-10-26 19:38:58 »
Thank you 8)

TadGhostal99

• View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: 2018-10-28 15:41:33 »
I'll add a dialogue handler for if the fight is lost; 'jobbed out' made me laugh.

Have cloud scratch his head, and say "So, uhhh, then we..." at which point Barret flails his arms around and says something like, "You expect us to believe the great Sephiroth got jobbed out by something your truck crashed into!? Tell the story right Cloud!" to which Cloud shrugs and you repeat the fight until you win.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-28 23:42:41 by TadGhostal99 »

One_Dumb_Plan

• View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: 2018-10-29 17:24:27 »
Hi, I’m getting a problem at Mt Corel, where at the collapsing track sections (e.g. the track collapses, then you press left or right to get either of the item bags). When I’m falling down, I can’t move either left or right at all. The version of the game is the Steam version (most recent version of the mod from the forum, no hoc fixes, if this helps) and I have followed the correct installation, but still won’t work in the mid. I have tried removing the mod and going back to that section in the original game and there is no problem. Any help please? Otherwise love the mod! Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: 2018-10-29 23:17:57 »
Hi, I’m getting a problem at Mt Corel, where at the collapsing track sections (e.g. the track collapses, then you press left or right to get either of the item bags). When I’m falling down, I can’t move either left or right at all. The version of the game is the Steam version (most recent version of the mod from the forum, no hoc fixes, if this helps) and I have followed the correct installation, but still won’t work in the mid. I have tried removing the mod and going back to that section in the original game and there is no problem. Any help please? Otherwise love the mod! Thanks

Checked through it, I think it's a temp variable used by the save point that's interfering with it. I'll sort this out with some other issues soon.

TadGhostal99

• View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: 2018-10-31 03:46:26 »

I had this issue, so I just mashed way way way more then what would be considered reasonable, and was able to get the items.

One_Dumb_Plan

• View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: 2018-10-31 13:46:13 »
I had this issue, so I just mashed way way way more then what would be considered reasonable, and was able to get the items.
Thanks for the advice, but even mashing the direction on my Xbox360 controller won’t work ( I have tried with multiple controllers and even attempted to do it with the keyboard controls, but nothing sadly). I’ll check the installation again just to be sure, because whenever I have used Mr Smiler and his sources, I’ve get less sources than I would have if I was playing NT 1.3, unless that has been changed  changed in the last update as well.

One_Dumb_Plan

• View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: 2018-11-04 15:14:59 »
Checked through it, I think it's a temp variable used by the save point that's interfering with it. I'll sort this out with some other issues soon.
Sorry to ask but is there any way of obtaining the wiser staff (I may have got the name wrong but Aeris’ weapon found on Mt Corel any other way e.g. steal/morph. P.S- I have very woolly internet access atm, so using Proud Clod is temporally a no go. Cheers.
PS 2- Any timeline on a fix for the mt Corel issue (I know your probably busy with life, this brilliant mod and working on FF8 New Threat) Please keep up the good work.

Novashadowsonic

• View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: 2018-11-06 19:55:31 »
So, Just killed Jenova, "Was playing 1.3  last time I tried the mod)
I thought you were supposed to phoenix down aeris?
She appears to be dead at the bottom of the water...
Is this supposed to happen?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: 2018-11-06 21:31:34 »
There's a dialogue option before the fight that determines whether this happens or not. Pick the 2nd option.

Sorry to ask but is there any way of obtaining the wiser staff (I may have got the name wrong but Aeris’ weapon found on Mt Corel any other way e.g. steal/morph. P.S- I have very woolly internet access atm, so using Proud Clod is temporally a no go. Cheers.
PS 2- Any timeline on a fix for the mt Corel issue (I know your probably busy with life, this brilliant mod and working on FF8 New Threat) Please keep up the good work.

I'll get one done tonight.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-06 21:45:54 by Sega Chief »

Novashadowsonic

• View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: 2018-11-06 21:35:52 »
Ah, thanks, that makes sense!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: 2018-11-06 22:53:01 »
Flevel patch for standard install, IRO for 7H users:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w2t3n1931rhspra/FF7_NT_IRO_6th_November_2018.iro/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ydqu8u7qc2oafm9/NT_Mod_HotFix_flevel_6th_November_2018.zip/file

Fairly minor changes in this; holding off on major update for now:
-) Changed variables used for Mt. Corel (interference from Tent check on Save Point)
-) Supershot ST can now be obtained from the Gelnika, chest next to save point. Was erroneously set to hidden.
-) Debug NPC on Highwind no longer offers Rank Reset fix (this was to sort out an issue where character ranks were wrongly recorded after an older update; it didn't reset sources used, just ranks).

[Update]
I've been working on a new set of overhaul files on and off for the last few months while working on FF8 NT. The plan with this mod is to go further with .EXE assembly modification to adjust damage formulas, mitigation effects, and introduce some menu changes.

This means that the enemies, etc. all need to be rebalanced to account for the changes and I'm taking the opportunity to rescript NT as a whole and put out a 2.0 rebuild. The 1.5 build will be kept available as a legacy version of sorts as some content will be cut from the 2.0 mod and other things will be set up differently.

So the next major update for the mod will likely be a round-up of fixes for 1.5, then a 2.0 release at some point in the future after FF8 NT's first 1.0 build is out.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-06 23:01:27 by Sega Chief »

EvenThen

• View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: 2018-11-08 10:40:51 »
Got turned off from the mod a while back after constantly dying on the new Jenova fight at the end of disc 2, thinking of starting from that again.

- Is there a way other than looking at stat disparities to see what build supplements you've taken from the save point guy for each character?
- Can you subvert Jenova's disabling of character revival somehow?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: 2018-11-08 22:16:54 »
Got turned off from the mod a while back after constantly dying on the new Jenova fight at the end of disc 2, thinking of starting from that again.

- Is there a way other than looking at stat disparities to see what build supplements you've taken from the save point guy for each character?
- Can you subvert Jenova's disabling of character revival somehow?

No to the first one, but an option was added for the 2nd one. When approaching Aeris on the altar, there's a dialogue option that pops up during the scene; pick the top option.