Author Topic: [Release]Chibi Reconstruction 1.5  (Read 56966 times)

Blood_Crow (Mendelevium)

• Blood is the drink of life.
    • View Profile
Re: [Release]Chibi Reconstruction Project
« Reply #50 on: 2009-08-19 23:02:03 »
yes. I just tested it. I am uploading it now.
 :-D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-08-19 23:05:24 »
Hmmm, why do his cape and parts of his legs look different from the rest of the black on his model?

Blood_Crow (Mendelevium)

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-08-19 23:07:13 »
oops. i forgot to mirrior the other leg.
 :-o.

And the cape is the exact same color as the rest of the model's black.
Just the feet are a different shade. Forgot to do that one too. xD.
Sorry, i have had a long day.

*edit*

fixed all of sephi's colors.

« Last Edit: 2009-08-19 23:24:35 by Blood_Crow »

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009-08-20 00:52:19 »
What about his upper body?? shouldn't the black be all the same  :roll:

Blood_Crow (Mendelevium)

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009-08-20 02:46:49 »
It had gray in the battle model. So i just stuck to the original. But made all the colors the same.

Blood_Crow (Mendelevium)

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009-08-20 08:02:32 »
Well, I have made a decision. That working on this project no longer suits me. MXster, we haven't even really spoken on this project, much. Team work is lacking. And your style, obviously, differs greatly from mine. All you have done actually is replaced the arms. I thought this was a "chibi reconstruction project." Not an arm replacement project, that has already been done.

I am going to do personal mods for the time being. And I don't mean to start a flame war, or anything, its just its quite frustrating, when I replaced the entire bodies (save the head), and he only replaces the arms, and "tweaks" my models.

Well I am off. I hope you all enjoy what ever MXster can conjure up on his own.

Good Luck!

Oh, and to all of you out there, who just "mooch" off this forum, its not that hard... All it takes is the ability to read, and then you are set. It just annoys me how a lot of you, come and post comments about how my unfinished work is bad. Can most you do better?!
« Last Edit: 2009-08-20 08:05:18 by Blood_Crow »

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009-08-20 10:15:10 »
fair enough, don't worry MXster, i know u could do this on ur own, but il help u........
Blood Crow u shouldn't take this so seriously, its only a bit of fun, its  just to see what we can do with the game with the means and skills we have at this present moment.
i believe anyone on this forum could do what u, me and MXster have been doing if they really wanted to.

i think to do a serious chibi reconstruction project we would have to be at the standard or 'APZ freak' with his chibi cloud....
which to be fair looks f**king difficult to do.

i believe this reconstruction project is good enough for the time being, cause it stays true to the game but make the characters look slightly more realistic which is awesome

well done MXster for ur work so far. i think its great , keep it up...

(me and MX are planing a lot of things for the future so keep ur eye out for us)

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009-08-20 12:01:17 »
Well, I have made a decision. That working on this project no longer suits me. MXster, we haven't even really spoken on this project, much. Team work is lacking. And your style, obviously, differs greatly from mine. All you have done actually is replaced the arms. I thought this was a "chibi reconstruction project." Not an arm replacement project, that has already been done.

I am going to do personal mods for the time being. And I don't mean to start a flame war, or anything, its just its quite frustrating, when I replaced the entire bodies (save the head), and he only replaces the arms, and "tweaks" my models.

Well I am off. I hope you all enjoy what ever MXster can conjure up on his own.

Good Luck!

Oh, and to all of you out there, who just "mooch" off this forum, its not that hard... All it takes is the ability to read, and then you are set. It just annoys me how a lot of you, come and post comments about how my unfinished work is bad. Can most you do better?!

Whoa!! Ok first point, why upgrade the body's of NPC's? The main party has had their body upgraded, isn't that enough?? Second I was only 'Tweeking' your models because their colour was slightly off, and you've found a better method to solve this now, Third, we haven't been talking much because you said
Quote from: Blood_Crow
I'm not allowed on MSN

Fourth The only model that you've replaced the body on was the Beach Woman, which to be honest I didn't like, and Finally The 'Hand Mod' only did the main party and important characters, I didn't continue this project to make chibis to the level of APZ, im only a basic modder and fan of ff7 so im doing this for myself and if anyone else wants to use it I give them the option
« Last Edit: 2009-08-20 12:14:51 by MXster »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009-08-20 16:17:44 »
kinda took offense to the mooching comment.. Seeing as i am actually trying to learn, I just lack time for the most part...

On topic: Shame you're leaving, this mod was shaping up nicely.

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009-08-20 16:27:12 »
kinda took offense to the mooching comment.. Seeing as i am actually trying to learn, I just lack time for the most part...

I'm not leaving, and due to the fact that Blood Crow was 'borrowing' parts from the PRP models, i don't think it will be too hard for me to continue solo, sigh  :|

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009-08-20 17:44:02 »
I have to say I glad someone is taking the time to do this, whilst I think no one expects APZ level work, I would imagine it would take nearly a year of constant modeling/texturing to get even just the mains done, nevermind the likes of "beach lady" and all other obscure npc's I think like you say the chibis stay true to the originals but make enough improvements to give the game a breath of fresh air.

Bit of a request and im not sure how people feel about this but have you thought about replacing the open mouth textures especially on the likes of Sephiroth I always think they all look so shocked with that silly mouth design.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009-08-20 18:17:46 »
I have to say I glad someone is taking the time to do this, whilst I think no one expects APZ level work, I would imagine it would take nearly a year of constant modeling/texturing to get even just the mains done, nevermind the likes of "beach lady" and all other obscure npc's I think like you say the chibis stay true to the originals but make enough improvements to give the game a breath of fresh air.

Er, these mods have nowhere near that much detail; they're basically smoothing the rough edges of the models. It would probably take too long to re-texture everything

Bit of a request and im not sure how people feel about this but have you thought about replacing the open mouth textures especially on the likes of Sephiroth I always think they all look so shocked with that silly mouth design.

This has already been addressed. Everyone hates the great big open mouths and I believe that the current modders are trying to deal with them (at least I hope so! :-D)
« Last Edit: 2009-08-20 18:20:24 by Kudistos Megistos »

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009-08-20 18:24:10 »

This has already been addressed. Everyone hates the great big open mouths and I believe that the current modders are trying to deal with them (at least I hope so! :-D)

Thanks for quick reply

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009-08-20 19:48:59 »
Yeah Open mouths are going, lol, why do they have open mouths anyway?

Blood_Crow (Mendelevium)

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009-08-21 04:05:16 »

I'm not leaving, and due to the fact that Blood Crow was 'borrowing' parts from the PRP models, i don't think it will be too hard for me to continue solo, sigh  :|

to be honest, i only did that for zangan.  :wink:.
The rest i used battle models for.

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009-08-23 09:19:23 »
New Version Released  :lol:

First Post

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009-08-24 05:09:21 »
about to text the new version. Thanks for your work on the project :-D

EDIT: do you just have a stock model for adding hands? Or so you remake them manually?
« Last Edit: 2009-08-24 05:27:12 by hellbringer616 »

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009-08-24 21:15:18 »
about to text the new version. Thanks for your work on the project :-D

EDIT: do you just have a stock model for adding hands? Or so you remake them manually?

Stock Models for the NPC's, otherwise it would take ages, its just a basic mod to get rid of the stupid square hands and arms

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009-08-29 01:27:18 »
I've just noticed this:

Shera seems to have taken a turn for the worse :cry:

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009-08-29 02:25:48 »
Shera seems to have taken a turn for the worse :cry:

lol, yeah I fixed that in V1.4, your using V1.3
« Last Edit: 2009-09-01 11:13:36 by MXster »

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009-09-01 08:58:46 »
Here is a nice comparison Pic, I usually make one side then mirror the parts to the other side

« Last Edit: 2009-09-01 11:13:48 by MXster »

Terid__K

« Reply #71 on: 2009-09-01 15:04:40 »
Very nice. I can't wait for the next release.  8-)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009-09-01 16:46:44 »
looks great, For the next release can you not use that patcher? I find that thing HIGHLY annoying to use.. Always asks for a new LGP...

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009-09-01 18:33:52 »
looks great, For the next release can you not use that patcher? I find that thing HIGHLY annoying to use.. Always asks for a new LGP...

Ok I won't use a patcher...
« Last Edit: 2009-09-01 22:15:29 by MXster »

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009-09-01 22:05:59 »
New version released, It isn't a patcher anymore as requested by hellbringer616, enjoy, I've added a fair amount of NPC's in this one, also, I've played around with some of the NPC's hands and made them less curved as requested by Kudistos Megistos, not sure if you'll notice but hey, its in there  :wink: