Author Topic: [FF7PC/PSX] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth (Midgar Demo)  (Read 103640 times)

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
Re: [DEMO/WIP/FF7] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth (PSX and PC)
« Reply #100 on: 2012-07-11 15:34:36 »
Although I'm quite late to arrive, I'd like to say that this project is amazing. Very well done, and I can't wait to see what's next.

Bosola: I sent you an email.

TrueLugia121

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2012-07-16 09:00:36 »
hhhhmmmm sorry to post this on two different topics but is i tried the PSX version of this mod on my PSP through a few versions of POPS and at some places the game freezes my PSP off. is it supposed to work on the PSP or isd this ePSXe only?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #102 on: 2012-07-16 16:55:07 »
I've heard reports of ISO modifications breaking the PSP's popstation emulator when the menu is opened. Is this what you're suffering?

TrueLugia121

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2012-07-17 03:40:16 »
wo as soon as i went into the status screen it froze. it a;so when kaput when i entered the Magic screen as well. i'm not sure if it's the game ID i used when i created my EBOOT for this or............... can you find out what went wrong?

EDIT: also when i initiated fight sequence it froze as well.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-17 03:47:45 by TrueLugia121 »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #104 on: 2012-07-17 15:09:28 »
I've heard of various issues with modified PSX ISOs on popstation, but I don't have the equipment to test eboots. And I can't really support a platform I can't debug.

TrueLugia121

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2012-07-18 06:43:21 »
danks anyway

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2012-09-10 23:39:03 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 09:54:59 by Jenova's Witness »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #107 on: 2012-09-11 07:54:54 »
I have had no issues with materia status effects or 'Added Effect'.

domapples

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2012-11-18 19:35:27 »
I hope this is still on-going. It looks awesome!

ssbob

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2012-12-06 23:28:37 »
I hate to bring this up again but...

Has anyone figured out a way to get this working on PSP?

I have patched it and converted the ISO into an Eboot but when I'm in the menu and I open "Item", "Equip" or "Status" and also as soon as my menu appears in battle the game freezes and forces my PSP to shut down.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2012-12-07 00:19:09 »
Happened to me too. So far my guess is that the size of the kernel isn't exactly the same, and the game doesn't like it. PSP got stolen some time ago, so can't test anything.

ssbob

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2012-12-07 00:37:02 »
Excuse my ignorance as I have not done the amount of research that I probably should have done, but how would you go about testing this theory? And if it proves to be true is there any way to fix it into a workable game?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2012-12-07 12:45:53 »
It is very likely that the kernel size is not the same, even without checking. And probably not. The PSP might not like it. But what do you want. It's Sony, of course it won't work.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #113 on: 2012-12-07 13:10:43 »
The kernel size isn't the same, but that's not likely to be the problem. Unfortunately, I don't know what is.

Jewbakka

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2013-01-01 03:47:53 »
Was going to send an email but I am too lazy to dig it up.

Some Wobbly Rocket enemies appear to be floating in the air.
Scene:377 /Code:32 Data Error. Two hedgehog pies and a crawler. Stole from crawler, killed a pie, Aerith and Cloud both started attacking the crawler and the error occurred.
In a group of 3 Sahagain in the sewers with Aps, the front-most enemy was "out of range" and could only be killed with magic/limits.
Sample boss is all messed up still. Only way to reliably beat it is to kill its minions every turn so it cant use anything else and cause a data error.
Enemy Skill Balance doesn't seem to work.. Unless it now has a chance factor to it?
After the Kalm flashback, I noticed that my Revive materia, Equipped on Tifa, is shown as mastered with just 410 AP. No extra revive was created. It has no equip effects anymore. It did when is was unmastered.
Mandragoras don't seem to do anything unless one of the monsters in the battle is damaged. They'll all attack once then do nothing.
Maybe I'm just remembering things incorrectly but at one point I think the buster sword's description said "Grows with user." Probably not though.
Enemy skill Balance has randomly turned into Big Guard after a battle.
It appears as though Red's Mythril Clip has lost its 3rd slot, leaving my steal materia unremovable in an invisible slot.
Yuffie came with a mastered Poison materia. Not sure if intended or not.
Wind materia is mislabelled as Transform on the field when picked up. Either that or Wind is given instead of Transform on Mt. Corel.
Found a grunt from the first reactor in the infinite desert part of Corel Prison. It's a rarer battle so maybe it has replaced the cactuar encounter?
Stingers have been replaced by Sneaky Steps, but this seems intentional for you to clear up space for more encounters.
Shinra Mansion, a battle against 3 Jerseys in the room with the Safe. Scene:562/Code:32. Seems to happen randomly, maybe when they try to use an attack that's not there? Happens in "physical" state.
Cid came equipped with mastered Wind, Deathblow, and Added Cut materia. Again, not sure if intentional or not.
Just noticed I have a weapon for Cait called "smp" (Silver M-phone?) It has 8 slots with normal growth which seems out of place in Rebirth since most weapons still have 4 slots. Anything higher than 4 has a downside (Excluding Aerith's Fairy Tale)
Fire Fangs and Antarctic winds are only 2 gil in Wutai? I dunno, it seems too cheap to me. Maybe bump up the price to 100 gil at least. Makes Wutai seem cheap.
Yuffie's 3-2 Limit is called "alCrtn." Not sure if I like how her limits were just switched. Doom of the Living isn't that exciting, plus it puts too similar limits on Level 3. Literally no reason to use Gauntlet.
Red's final limit in this, Stardust Ray, attacks only a single target.

I wrote this up months ago but forgot to give it to you so if you have any questions, I'll do my best to remember.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2013-01-06 06:28:54 »
Please do separate in more paragraphs instead of one big wall of text. It's a pain to read.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #116 on: 2013-01-06 11:52:27 »
It's fine. No need to jump down peoples' throats.

Onto the report:

Some Wobbly Rocket enemies appear to be floating in the air.

I will look into this; it's possible I've already fixed this in my current build.

Scene:377 /Code:32 Data Error. Two hedgehog pies and a crawler. Stole from crawler, killed a pie, Aerith and Cloud both started attacking the crawler and the error occurred.

Wasn't aware of this.

In a group of 3 Sahagain in the sewers with Aps, the front-most enemy was "out of range" and could only be killed with magic/limits.

Pretty sure this is now fixed.

Sample boss is all messed up still. Only way to reliably beat it is to kill its minions every turn so it cant use anything else and cause a data error.

I resolved this bug; this (should) be fine in the next release.

Enemy Skill Balance doesn't seem to work.. Unless it now has a chance factor to it?

What do you mean, it "doesn't work"?

After the Kalm flashback, I noticed that my Revive materia, Equipped on Tifa, is shown as mastered with just 410 AP. No extra revive was created. It has no equip effects anymore. It did when is was unmastered.

Strange. I did fix the initialization of the materia recently, so this bug may clear up by itself.

Mandragoras don't seem to do anything unless one of the monsters in the battle is damaged. They'll all attack once then do nothing.

Their AI is unchanged.

Enemy skill Balance has randomly turned into Big Guard after a battle.

Sounds like you swapped kernel, or loaded a Rebirth save with an unmodded ISO. That will cause all sorts of problems for obvious reasons.

Wind materia is mislabelled as Transform on the field when picked up. Either that or Wind is given instead of Transform on Mt. Corel.

I didn't have the tools to do PSX field edits back then, but now I have Makou Reactor I should be able to fix this without much trouble.

It appears as though Red's Mythril Clip has lost its 3rd slot, leaving my steal materia unremovable in an invisible slot.

How could you equip the materia in the first place if a weapon doesn't have a slot? If the weapon's attributes changed between plays, it's probable that you loaded Rebirth on a vanilla ISO. That's something you shouldn't do.

Maybe I'm just remembering things incorrectly but at one point I think the buster sword's description said "Grows with user." Probably not though.

It does. Buster Sword powers up with enemies killed, just like Vincent's Death Penalty in vanilla.

Stingers have been replaced by Sneaky Steps, but this seems intentional for you to clear up space for more encounters.

No, this was a bug with the kernel scene look up. It should be fixed now.

Shinra Mansion, a battle against 3 Jerseys in the room with the Safe. Scene:562/Code:32. Seems to happen randomly, maybe when they try to use an attack that's not there? Happens in "physical" state.

I'll investigate.

Just noticed I have a weapon for Cait called "smp" (Silver M-phone?) It has 8 slots with normal growth which seems out of place in Rebirth since most weapons still have 4 slots. Anything higher than 4 has a downside (Excluding Aerith's Fairy Tale)

Shouldn't be available. Another for the list.

Fire Fangs and Antarctic winds are only 2 gil in Wutai? I dunno, it seems too cheap to me. Maybe bump up the price to 100 gil at least. Makes Wutai seem cheap.

I'll look at this, but that sounds like it could be another instance of a kernel / iso swap bug.

Yuffie's 3-2 Limit is called "alCrtn." Not sure if I like how her limits were just switched. Doom of the Living isn't that exciting, plus it puts too similar limits on Level 3. Literally no reason to use Gauntlet.

Yeah, there are a few things to fix here that I spotted not long after the first release.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-06 11:57:51 by Bosola »