Author Topic: Issues with launching game (faq and troubleshooting not helping)  (Read 1140 times)

Exeeter702

• View Profile
So i recently tried to set up 7th heaven with the remako mod.  All steps were followed and everything went smoothly. However seemingly out of nowhere after getting about 3 hours into midgar, i noticed that everytime i launch the 7th app it boots up fine and loads my mods, but when i press launch, the freezes and no longer responds.  I open task manager and notice rundll32.exe shoots my cpu to 100 percent useage with 7th heaven / ff7.exe being the culprit.  When i removed a few mods at a time, the game would launch, but every subsequent launch i have to deactivate another mod before it will even launch.  When i was able to get the game to launch, i would then go into task manager and end the rundll32.exe process and the game was fine and did not crash, however the times I try to launch the game and 7th heaven "not responds" i go into taks manager and kill rundll32.exe and 7th heavne gives me a "not enough memory" error..

I am at a complete loss as to what is happening here. Any help or advanced technical insight would be appreciated. Thanks

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Is Data Execution Prevention (DEP) enabled?