Author Topic: FF7config.exe has stopped working  (Read 5118 times)

Scitu

• View Profile
FF7config.exe has stopped working
« on: 2013-01-14 17:30:22 »
Basically this is my problem. Every single time when my Config.exe tries to load up, it crashes. I was able to play with my last installation, but I encountered some critical problems.

Now I made a clean install and I followed Alyza's new tutorial video (Thanks for that by the way). I made everything as instructed. Bootleg installed everything else fine, except when it tried to load up Configuration ---> it failed. Now after bootleg, when I try to launch the game thru bootloader, it starts Configuration and then I see that annoying windows message -->  it's game over =)

Is there any hope for me left, or should I just give up? I've tried everything I can think of. Yeah and this time I don't have any APP.logs.

-Scitu

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: FF7config.exe has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: 2013-01-14 19:00:12 »
But it would help to see what system you have (Hardware, OS). Stuff like that could caused by thousand of diffrent things. If you have a Systems with nVidia Optimus for example, you have to use the integrate graphic card to run the config. After that you can switch back to the nVidia graphic card.

Scitu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-14 19:38:14 »
But it would help to see what system you have (Hardware, OS). Stuff like that could caused by thousand of diffrent things. If you have a Systems with nVidia Optimus for example, you have to use the integrate graphic card to run the config. After that you can switch back to the nVidia graphic card.

You sir have been most helpful! I just had to run Config.exe with integrated graphic (I have Nvidia Geforce GT 635M)  Thanks a lot!

Let's hope everything keeps working right! =)
« Last Edit: 2013-01-14 20:03:17 by Scitu »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-01-14 20:02:30 »
I suspected that ...  :-)
Glad that I could help.

Scitu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-01-15 12:09:19 »
Just wanted to add that if anyone has problems with Config.exe or Bootloader and you are using Comodo Internet Security, be sure to disable all three: Comodo Antivirus/Firewall & Defense+ .