Author Topic: FF7 PC crash when leaving Midgar for the first time  (Read 6647 times)

kalyper

Ok, I'm using the High Res patch, 1.02, original music, handpatch, minigame patch and movies on hdd. It seems that every time on disc 1 after the bike minigame, the game crashes as I try to leave Midgar by zoning tot he world map. Anyone have any suggestions?

Wuz

• View Profile
FF7 PC crash when leaving Midgar for the first time
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-28 04:35:46 »
try setting the game to software rendering, leave midgar and if it works save the game. restart it in hardware accelerated mode and see if it crashes when you load the game at the world map.

kalyper

« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-28 23:40:57 »
Ok I switched over to software mode and now it crashes on startup. Before even seeing the Eidos movie, I get the error.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-29 06:21:51 »
well kalyper I think your world map is corrupted try to reinstall the game with just the 1.02 patch and try install the patches you want to have one by one so you'll know which patch does the problem.... and I think the software render do not work with the high resolution patch so keep the hardware acceleration if you want this patch

by the way kalyper I think you should try our NPC's reconstruction patch instead of the hand patch it's much better hehe ... it's not finished yet but 75 models are already done on the last version we publish and in the next we will have near 95 or 100 models

http://www.stormmedia.aodteamspeakhosting.cjb.net/npc_project/screen.html

here are some pics of some models I've done to show you how the field models are with this patch

well if you still have this bug after reinstall the game tell me

see you

zero88

• View Profile
Re: FF7 PC crash when leaving Midgar for the first time
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-09 21:38:29 »
You know, mine used to do this, too, but I set the ff7.exe to be compatible with Win98, and the game runs absolutely smoothly now.

RedTowerScissor

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-24 14:17:56 »
if its just a black screen wait it out, it happened to me to it hung on a black screen and i thought " Nooooooooo i knew it! nothing is free!" but then when i hung my head and let out a sigh, after a few seconds i hit enter just to see what would happen, and it loaded the world map. if its just crashing i dont know then maybe definitely a bad download i got mine from REMOVED
breaking the law also if you play on windows xp you need the windows xp patch 1.2 and 1.4 No you don't. There is no 1.2 patch (did you mean 1.02?) and the 1.4 patch is unofficial and nothing but trouble.

This post has been improved by ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2013-04-24 21:30:02 by Covarr »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-04-24 21:06:56 »
^PIRATE! BEGONE!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-04-24 21:37:19 »
I think I found your problem, RedTowerScissor. You stole the game. You should buy it instead.

[CleverNameHere], please use the report button in the future. It's way easier for the Qhimm.com staff this way, and it doesn't clutter up the forums as much.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-24 21:39:09 by Covarr »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-04-24 21:49:35 »
I didn't know it existed. Will do.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 2013-04-24 22:21:03 »
I didn't know it existed. Will do.

It's like my favorite button hehe  ;D

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-04-24 23:40:26 »
It's like my favorite button hehe  ;D

And I thought Cait Sith is the spy.  :P

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-04-25 00:18:10 »
Just out of curiosity, how much warning do you get for pirating?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-04-25 01:29:20 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11578.0

Warning levels are at the bottom.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-04-25 04:32:45 »
Just out of curiosity, how much warning do you get for pirating?
Warning levels for a rule infraction are on the moderator's discretion; we don't have hard numbers for specific rules. A number of factors go into this, such as what rule was broken, whether it was broken out of maliciousness or stupidity or just not caring, the member's attitude, and even which moderator got to it first, because some of us are stricter than others.

With piracy, we tend to be a little more lenient with the warning levels (for first strikes, anyway. Repeat infractions get bans), since the primary punishment the user gets is the pirate usergroup/avatar. This avatar indicates to other members that this person is a pirate, and can still engage in social conversation (General Discussion, Completely Unrelated) but is not to be given any support for the game or mods. A person can have that avatar removed by purchasing the game and proving to a staff member that they've done so (such as a photo containing both the physical disc and their forum username).

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11578.0

Warning levels are at the bottom.
Read that a bit closer, it just says what effect each warning level has, not how we determine what level to assign.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-04-25 11:53:53 »
I should have been more specific. Every time I have seen a piracy warning given, it amounted to the green Watched icon, so that's the warning amount I always assumed was given.