Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008653 times)

DBZFan102

• View Profile
I'm not using the latest release because the creators take down the mirror for the current one whenever they think the next one will release soon and R05c is documented on here. Also I could give you about 30 lines I already thought were bad but I'm also hyperanalytical from having Asperger's. On that note I've seen nigh flawless English translations in terms of sounding natural, see Ghost Trick, just about any Nintendo EAD game or many later FF games. The more I think the more I can list, actually. I have faith that these will be addressed in the finalised text but I strongly feel the amount of clunky dialogue is currently pretty high.

A lot can change from one numbered version to the next. Especially on the translation front. You should update your version and if there are still odd lines of dialogue you find, we can discuss it here.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Also the creators take down the original link because having outdated installers is silly and most of the time there's a game breaker in there.

kno2231

• View Profile
Yes, both music and sfx can easily be overridden by your own "mod". See the Mod_ID parameter in options.ini
I don't get it. Do i need to change every ogg file name in Music and SFX folder?
Their names aren't same with original ogg or some music replacement packs, such as Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
no.  It goes off number ID. see the existing files

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Anyone know enough about bgfx (which ffnx uses) and shaders to compile the psx.post file into something we can use?

Or is there another way to load it?

Overall, FFNx is a good solution but control has been given on a few fronts to bgfx which means we're at the mercy of that 3rd party package.

I've tried compiling using the correct inputs from ffnx compiler but it's having none of it.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-05 13:40:41 by DLPB »

Luke777_777

• View Profile
Can I use only the translation from the mod? Or turn off the audio mod?
 Cause i have no audio. Seen some people had this problem since the f version.

Audio.log :

0.Could not retrieve device GUIDs: EAccessViolation
Access violation at address 77E6E046 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 00000044
0.Could not retrieve device names: EAccessViolation
Access violation at address 77E6E046 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 00000044
0.SetVolume [Channel 0, Volume 127]

skyhawk

• View Profile
I don't get it. Do i need to change every ogg file name in Music and SFX folder?
Their names aren't same with original ogg or some music replacement packs, such as Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack.
The naming scheme is unique to Reunion, for better or for worse.
You don't need to replace everything. Every file in CUSTOM\Mod_ID\Music and CUSTOM\Mod_ID\SFX with a filename that starts with the three-digit number from BASE will be used instead of the asset from BASE.

This is what my Music folder looks like, for example:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jr9taRGaWD_MyyxcNPlH5D8SU5t4Aom5/view?usp=sharing

While we're here DLPB, may I ask a question about the Music module? What sample rates is it happy with? I've been downsampling to 44.1KHz to match what's in BASE, but would you expect it to work correctly if fed modern 48KHz audio files?
« Last Edit: 2020-06-05 16:37:42 by skyhawk »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
probably but id go 44100

Amiscarr

• View Profile
So, where can one actually download Reunion mod? Or at least the 60 FPS mod?
« Last Edit: 2020-06-05 22:14:52 by Amiscarr »

Pegboard

• View Profile
So, where can one actually download Reunion mod? Or at least the 60 FPS mod?

The download link is on this post
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg277931#msg277931

skyhawk

• View Profile
Can I use only the translation from the mod? Or turn off the audio mod?
 Cause i have no audio. Seen some people had this problem since the f version.

See reply #6416 on Page 257 of this thread.

zrykor

• View Profile
Hi All,

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but this forum is complicated and difficult to navigate. I installed r06 without issue to a clean steam copy of FF7. However when I run the game the mods aren't working. I hear this may be a ddraw.dll issue but I don't know what that means or how to fix it.

Any help would be great!

usb

• View Profile
Hi All,

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but this forum is complicated and difficult to navigate. I installed r06 without issue to a clean steam copy of FF7. However when I run the game the mods aren't working. I hear this may be a ddraw.dll issue but I don't know what that means or how to fix it.

Any help would be great!

what mods are you using?

here some usefull tips https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg271876#msg271876

epsilon

• View Profile

In the off-chance that you are running FF7 through wine, then you must configure winecfg to load the builtin ddraw coming with Reunion.

On the other hand if, as it is most likely, you are on windows then I am sure the fine gentlemen here can help you.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
update:  one of the reasons i wanted to work as one project from aalis code was because it already had pretty much everything graphically resolved but a few bugs were there that needed fixing.    we're in a bit of a bad spot here because ffnx fixes quite a few bugs but due to migrating to bgfx which it uses, post processing filters and any other shader won't work without recoding and complying with bgfx format.  and the documentation is crap.  other things like font placement which worked fine have now also been degraded. and png support is totally broken. surrendering your code to a 3rd party software isnt really a good idea and ffnx illustrates why.  The way forward is either to stick with ffnx if someone can help resolve these issues  or for someone well versed in C and opengl to work with me on aalis original code. id prefer the latter at this point but without help, we'll be forced to use ffnx as random crashes in battle is clearly not something i can allow to continue. At the least if anyone feels they can migrate my vscode to vs2019 let me know
« Last Edit: 2020-06-08 16:56:26 by DLPB »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
So does this mean you have finally released the code for your modified version of aali's driver ?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Link is in the help file.  And I released it from day 1- True Odin's ffnx is here from that release.

Lilpuddy31

• Banned
    • View Profile
So does this mean you have finally released the code for your modified version of aali's driver ?

Wasn't this issue to not be mentioned anymore?
« Last Edit: 2020-06-10 14:21:59 by Lilpuddy31 »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Wasn't this issue to not be mentioned anymore?

yup, its kinda borderline harassment at this point

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
while going through cosmo canyon with new translation off i discovered a vanilla bug that is NOT fixed in reunion

if Red XIII is in your party on your way to the Gi cave, and you talk to the guy at the entrance, there will be a bugged version of Red's 'I am home' dialogue, then when he asks if you are familar with these lands and you reply 'no' or 'not really' Cloud will be unable to move and you are forced to restart the game

and this happens with any version of the game

save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15IaspO0WOz6oUEI596U3PLeUR0vc6stX/view?usp=sharing
its the last save on there, the latter cosmo canyon save

and fyi i'm not posting this here because i expect you to try to fix any and every vanilla bug, as far as information goes
i just figure its better to know and not need it than to need it and not know it

i sure as hell can't fix it, so if i dont tell someone about it then it definitely won't get fixed
« Last Edit: 2020-06-10 21:12:09 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
>

21.May.2020   mph8er   New Translation   Progression at Cosmo Canyon is broken.  It may be impossible to pass with New Translation on.   Fixed as of R06g.

Is it that one? 

Why it would happen with it off is beyond me... may be that you have the field file somewhere else.  Do you have a screen shot of exact place?

skyhawk

• View Profile
while going through cosmo canyon with new translation off i discovered a vanilla bug that is NOT fixed in reunion

save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15IaspO0WOz6oUEI596U3PLeUR0vc6stX/view?usp=sharing
its the last save on there, the latter cosmo canyon save

I think you've somehow bugged this save-file. I tested the same spot in my set of saves and have no trouble at all.

edit: Probably worth mentioning my saves were created on previous versions of R06...
« Last Edit: 2020-06-11 19:26:43 by skyhawk »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
I think you've somehow bugged this save-file. I tested the same spot in my set of saves and have no trouble at all.

edit: Probably worth mentioning my saves were created on previous versions of R06...

i think you are right, i did enter cosmo canyon with new translation on and used the new translation to rename nanaki, then immediately after that i went outside and saved and turned off new translation for the observatory and gi cave, but i guess i was too late

so i need to load my save before  i got there, huh? that sucks, i hate the gi cave part

sorry folks, i really wanted to use that part of new translation to rename red to nanaki

genius addition to the game though, i remember thinking that should be an option as a kid playing the game for the first time

i'll wait for r06g to try it out though  ;D
« Last Edit: 2020-06-12 01:07:45 by Orichalcon »

Agravaile

• View Profile
If the save is bugged, there's nothing you can do about it afterwards? And is it the the only part where it can affect the save?

skyhawk

• View Profile
If the save is bugged, there's nothing you can do about it afterwards? And is it the the only part where it can affect the save?
Take below with a grain of salt, I'm not really speaking with firsthand knowledge:

Final Fantasy 7, [and probably 8, as it mostly shares the engine as I understand], is a very fragile thing. Squaresoft had a lot of trouble getting the game to work initially. There's a lot of independently moving pieces and tracked values, and if any of them get out of whack than bizarre and broken things happen.

There's a guy on Youtube who breaks FF7 in strange and bizarre ways for fun and [not so much] profit. This search will show many of the ways FF7 can be glitched and broken *without* altering the game as shipped by the publisher. DLPB is going waaay beyond that with all the changes this mod makes.