Author Topic: Final Fantasy XV (new TGS trailer)  (Read 28459 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Final Fantasy XV (new TGS trailer)
« Reply #25 on: 2014-11-21 23:50:09 »
@L.Spiro Can you please tell them not to copyright my videos on YT anymore :P :P That's the only thing I wish from Square atm!

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #26 on: 2014-11-22 01:09:32 »
I can tell them.
It won’t change anything but I can tell them.

L. Spiro

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2014-11-22 02:01:45 »
Can you please tell them to make it good? I've been waiting for it so long that any actual game would be really hard to live up to my festering anticipation as it is.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2014-11-22 03:21:21 »
They should scale FF15 down into an 8-bit game instead to troll everyone, maybe something in the style of Oregon Trail. Noctis could die of dysentry maybe.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2014-11-22 06:59:58 »
Can you please tell them to make it good? I've been waiting for it so long that any actual game would be really hard to live up to my festering anticipation as it is.
Oh.  All this time Square Enix has been focusing on making it bad.  Now that you mention it, it would have been a better idea to try making it good instead.
Oh well, live and learn.  Maybe next time.

L. Spiro

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #30 on: 2014-11-23 01:36:59 »
I can tell them.
It won’t change anything but I can tell them.

L. Spiro

Thanks anyways! Highly appreciated! :)

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2014-12-08 13:55:06 »
Wow, this really looks amazing. I hope they get proper fps, this looks very demanding ;)

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2014-12-09 06:29:21 »
This game has me really excited, but I can't help but feel cautious over two things.

1. The removal of the character switching feature is really depressing. I was hoping this game was gonna be like a fully controllable, real time action version of a final fantasy game. I mean, the AXB system looks okay and everything, and I was probably gonna play mostly as Noctis anyway, but I still wanted to try messing around with character switching. I was hoping that for some of the epic boss battles you could get an advantage by doing something like using Ignis to set a trap which stuns the boss, switching to Gladiolus and breaking through the boss's guard, switching to Prompto to individually target it's now exposed weakspot (like a red blobbly appendage or something similar to LoZ), then switching to Noctis to deal maximum damage while the boss is temporarily incapacitated.

2. I was in love with this game because of Nomura's influence, and how much this game seemed to be Kingdom Hearts minus the disney stuff with a much darker and more serious tone. Now that Tabata is in charge I wonder where on the line between Type-0 and Kingdom Hearts a lot of the mechanics will fall.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2014-12-09 08:15:17 »
Wait no Nomura?  ::)
Does this mean we get a game with a good story? I hate the everything is about friendship theme in the KH series, Pokémon is already a torture because of this. For me are this good news... :P

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2014-12-09 15:08:17 »
Nomura left pretty late in the game's development. I doubt they're going to be making significant thematic changes at this stage.

That said, I doubt he's stuck too hard on friendship, anyway. The reason he keeps coming back to this theme is because he's mostly done one franchise: Kingdom Hearts. Of course the entire franchise is going to mostly center around a few thematic concepts; that's not a sign of lack of ability on the director's part, but of consistency within a series.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2014-12-09 19:10:39 »
Actually Nomura's job as character designer is based on the graphics not on the storyline. :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2014-12-09 20:03:55 »
Nomura was character designer for 7, 8, 10, 10-2, 11 (Hume/Elvaan), and all of the 13 games, but on the KH franchise he's actually director. This puts him in charge of everything, including story. He was also director for FFXV until earlier this year, but had to drop out to put more time into KH3.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2014-12-09 21:35:57 »
Wow, this really looks amazing. I hope they get proper fps, this looks very demanding ;)
That is exactly my current job.

L. Spiro

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2014-12-09 22:05:17 »
Wait no Nomura?  ::)
Does this mean we get a game with a good story? I hate the everything is about friendship theme in the KH series, Pokémon is already a torture because of this. For me are this good news... :P
Just because Nomura made one franchise with friendship and other light hearted themes does not mean he was going to write FFXV with the same or similar themes. This is especially true since it was emphasized many times to be darker and more serious when compared to other final fantasies, let alone the KH franchise.  That being said, there are hints of the game being somewhat centered on the friendship of the main cast, but whether or not it is simply a "friendship/love conquers all" story remains to be seen. (Also, there aren't a whole lot in common between KH and TWEWY in terms of story, so at the very least we could expect at least that much of a difference.)

I was simply saying that when the game was still called VSXIII and was helmed by Nomura, it seemed to have all of the gameplay mechanics I could want in a game. Now that he's not director, I wonder if it will still appeal to me from a gameplay perspective.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2014-12-09 23:29:00 »
I see Spiro, don't disappoint us then  :P Oh and I had no idea that nomura also did directing before, I thought people are just mixing up the drawer and the guy who writes the character development. Thx for clearing that up.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2014-12-10 13:59:35 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:31:39 by dkma841 »

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2014-12-11 15:39:11 »
That is exactly my current job.

L. Spiro
By proper fps we mean at least a steady 60. :P

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2014-12-15 17:43:57 »
TGS 2014 trailer with english VA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83yNNl5_Ezo

TerriblyGrimm

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2014-12-15 22:46:45 »
*sigh* As usual the people in charge of the English voice actors quality control in video games are absolutely incompetent :c

TerriblyGrimm

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2014-12-15 22:49:21 »
If anyone here has access, they should inform square to add a toggle-able option of the western release to switch between English and Japanese voice actors, or at the very least add a PC port with those options

L. Spiro

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2014-12-20 16:44:07 »
*sigh* As usual the people in charge of the English voice actors quality control in video games are absolutely incompetent :c
Ironically I am a professional actor and could easily do better voices than those (although my voice is not low enough for those characters) and all they have to do is come get me at my desk—I work right there in their own building.

If anyone here has access, they should inform square to add a toggle-able option of the western release to switch between English and Japanese voice actors, or at the very least add a PC port with those options
I don’t know what you mean by “access”, but I can assure you it will do no good.
I am in a senior position working as a programmer on this game, but even so nothing I could say would matters because:
#1: Japanese culture.  Game development and movie making are the same in Japan—everything is strictly hierarchical and no one dares question the boss, and the boss never listens to outside influences.  This is why Japanese TV is so bad compared with American TV—in Japan the whole show/movie is just one guy’s idea whereas in America everyone is bouncing ideas off each other and picking the best from the whole group.  Even though Square Enix is less culturally Japanese than some companies, the main people in charge of projects prefer to work this way.
#2: The bottom line is money, and if it does not make sense financially to have both languages on a single disc they simply won’t do it.

Spiro try to leak some news :P
How about this?
Newsflash: I have seen private videos we use at our internal meetings etc. and now I want to play the final game even more.

L. Spiro

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2014-12-20 16:56:38 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:30:23 by dkma841 »

TerriblyGrimm

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2014-12-20 18:35:51 »
Ironically I am a professional actor and could easily do better voices than those (although my voice is not low enough for those characters) and all they have to do is come get me at my desk—I work right there in their own building.
I don’t know what you mean by “access”, but I can assure you it will do no good.
I am in a senior position working as a programmer on this game, but even so nothing I could say would matters because:
#1: Japanese culture.  Game development and movie making are the same in Japan—everything is strictly hierarchical and no one dares question the boss, and the boss never listens to outside influences.  This is why Japanese TV is so bad compared with American TV—in Japan the whole show/movie is just one guy’s idea whereas in America everyone is bouncing ideas off each other and picking the best from the whole group.  Even though Square Enix is less culturally Japanese than some companies, the main people in charge of projects prefer to work this way.
#2: The bottom line is money, and if it does not make sense financially to have both languages on a single disc they simply won’t do it.
How about this?
Newsflash: I have seen private videos we use at our internal meetings etc. and now I want to play the final game even more.

L. Spiro

Hmm, well that certainly explains why XIII had very dull gameplay, it's always important in game development that everyones ideas get brought up in my opinion, the end product always ends up better.
I have faith in Hajime Tabata's skills as a director though, after all he did do Crisis Core and Type-0.

The thing I don't understand with the people in charge of organising english voice actors,
is they always seem to go for expensive famous voices and think that's what we want.
Certainly sometimes the actors are good, but most of the times the actors are extremely bad and it makes us want to hate the characters alot of the time, unfortunately most people I know who have seen this recent video of english Dubs already hate Prompto because his voice irritated them,
where as with the japanese actors they thought he was really baddass

I guess i'll probably wait a couple years and see if they bring it to PC, because i don't feel like paying $600+ NZD for a PS4 to play one game especially when the voice actors are bad and being console it is a mission to mod the disc to replace english dubs with the japanese originals

TerriblyGrimm

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2014-12-20 18:39:45 »
Thanks for keeping us informed by the way, it's nice that there is someone in a senior position who is communicating with the mod community here on qhimm   ;D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #49 on: 2014-12-20 19:36:05 »

#1 is why people who know this culture hear a certain name working for a Japanese game and talk of either excitement or despair for the game.

#2 is why some names who start well can end up turning to crap. Ideas that spawn money well for Japanese culture don't necessarily do well in Western cultures because the ability to adapt to new ideas given by others after initial success aren't cared for as much.