• delete
    • View Profile
« on: 2014-12-02 19:18:05 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:32:41 by dkma841 »

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
DQ8 is the second more desired remake? Seriously? xD It's gorgeous as is, who'd want a remake of that game over RE, FF8, FF9...
But, the most funny is the 11th position. FFX? They made an HD remake recently, why would it need another one?

meesbaker

• View Profile
Because the game did not change at all and the graphics is better in pcsx2.

That's Japan, they want the games to look like advent children, ffx is way too static. They actually like Lightning...

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
First Kingdom Hearts Games Could Still Hit PS4 and Xbox One
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-02 21:45:56 »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
DQ8 is the second more desired remake? Seriously? xD It's gorgeous as is, who'd want a remake of that game over RE, FF8, FF9...
But, the most funny is the 11th position. FFX? They made an HD remake recently, why would it need another one?

11th position is 9, not 10.

LetCreativityPlay

• Final Fantasy FTW *_*
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/LetCreativityPlay
Is Dragon Quest V really that good? Maybe I should give it a try :P

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
I love how Gran Turismo 6 and Resident Evil 6 are on there, both are only about 2 years old at this point, sure they were PS3/360 egames but still, not quite ready for remake time.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
11th position is 9, not 10.

Oooops.... sorry n.n" I wasn't wearing my glasses and that "I" fade away xD
Anyway, it's on 13th position, which is almost the same.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
At any rate, it was not remade. It was simply re-released.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
At any rate, it was not remade. It was simply re-released.

I totally agree with you, Vgr. And even, that's the best "remake" SE had ever made of a FF... So I don't expect anything about FFVII. In fact... I hope they don't make it, because they have a special hability to ruin everything they touch  >:(

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Pretty much, yeah :P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Let's hope it's never remade. Not by the current crop anyway.  It will be all sound and fury signifying nothing. The passion and love people here show to the game is orders of magnitude greater than what they are capable of, and I don't want the game sullying with their usual nonsense.

meesbaker

• View Profile
I must say that I find rereleases much more appropriate for Square games than remakes. I like nostalgic games but with colorless NES graphics and 8 bit music even I do have my limits so I just like the games to be polished a little but nothing else. FF3 3d remake was already to much in my eyes but the FF1 dos remake for ios is really excellent. Nicer graphics, remastered music, easy controls but exactly the same game it used to be. That's good work.

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
I must say that I find rereleases much more appropriate for Square games than remakes. I like nostalgic games but with colorless NES graphics and 8 bit music even I do have my limits so I just like the games to be polished a little but nothing else. FF3 3d remake was already to much in my eyes but the FF1 dos remake for ios is really excellent. Nicer graphics, remastered music, easy controls but exactly the same game it used to be. That's good work.
+1

I enjoyed a lot the gba version of FFI and FFII, but couldn't get to the end of FFIV remake. However, we have to admit that in some cases, like with PC rerereleases, they made a deconstruction... Just look and compare:

Psx version:

Steam "HD" version:

It's not just the blurry garden but the field and mountains mesh... a completely mess u.u

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
+1

I enjoyed a lot the gba version of FFI and FFII, but couldn't get to the end of FFIV remake. However, we have to admit that in some cases, like with PC rerereleases, they made a deconstruction... Just look and compare:

Psx version:

Steam "HD" version:

It's not just the blurry garden but the field and mountains mesh... a completely mess u.u
It has been this way since the first PC release though. :(

meesbaker

• View Profile
Why not just play it over epsxe 1.9 with perfect sound and full hd resolution? :)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-07 07:52:32 by meesbaker »

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
Man, this is disrespectful for the people who works on FF8 mods, and it's not fair.

Moreover, that's not true. You can change the game music and man... there's really cool songs to put in battle theme's place. And there's some graphical mods that are progressing quite fast.

meesbaker

• View Profile
This is not disrespectful at all, people are also modding the psx version and the best patch so far is requiem which does not exist on pc. It is just the case that ff8 pc does not yet have the advantages over the psx version as ff7 does.

Why does the pc version have to be superior and saying it wasn't would be disrespectful? I did not say modding is in vain but both versions get modded and the psx version has advantages. The only thing that is really better than psx as for now is roses and wine but those textures are another example for things epsxe does better.

Even now I am still playing and thus spending much time with modding the psx version of ff7 and I do have my reasons.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-06 20:13:08 by meesbaker »

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
This is not disrespectful at all, people are also modding the psx version and the best patch so far is requiem which does not exist on pc. It is just the case that ff8 pc does not yet have the advantages over the psx version as ff7 does.

Why does the pc version have to be superior and saying it wasn't would be disrespectful? I did not say modding is in vain but both versions get modded and the psx version has advantages. The only thing that is really better than psx as for now is roses and wine but those textures are another example for things epsxe does better.

Even now I am still playing and thus spending much time with modding the psx version of ff7 and I do have my reasons.

Hmm... maybe I misunderstood you and maybe I misspoke. There's still some nuances that are hard for me to express in English u.u
I understood something like "PC version does not worth it, anyone should care about it muahahahahaha!". I totally agree with you about requiem (brutal mod, indeed) and RaW, but not about textures, because we're talking about an incomplete mod. Well, I will try to express myself better in future posts and sorry for the offtopic n_n"

meesbaker

• View Profile
Heh, no relax my friend. If there was a bad wording it was mine of course. I was intentionally exagerating a bit, thus the smilie :D I wrote it as chaoscontrol just complained about the blurry textures so I was like, “don mind about it and try the emulator“ because that one is pretty good. You know on modding it is just that chosing which version to play is much more arguable than on ff7. I only meant that ff8 does not yet have those must-have mods that would never work on psx so when people complain about the steam release one may surely recommend epsxe especially with requiem.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Everyone asks for a remake, they announce a port for the PS4 that nothing more than the PS1 version but upscaled.

/facepalm