Author Topic: Know about Droid CPUs?  (Read 2918 times)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Know about Droid CPUs?
« on: 2013-08-24 06:46:54 »
I'm planning on selling my old crap tablet and purchasing another crap tablet (though slightly less runny).  In my research I am finding most of the feasible options I am finding run either the rk3066 (dual x 1.6mhz) or the A31 (quad x 1.5mhz).  The interwebs is frustratingly sparse in benchmark information about these two chips (if you find that's not the case, my hat is off to you).  I simply want to know how these two CPUs compare (and the corresponding GPUs [PowerVR SGX544MP vs Mali 400 {which claims 1GB dedicated memory...I have my doubts, but maybe this means something different than I interpret}]).  From what minimal information I've been able to acquire, it would seem the 3066 has more raw general processing functionality, but the A31 has better 3D Graphics performance.  In most cases the A31 seems to come out on top, but then again the Tablets utilizing this proc generally seem to be of lower quality than the ones I'm looking at that use the 3066.  Maybe the difference here is marginal, and I should lean towards the cheaper build with the A31, but my gut tells me that the better looking tablet with the 3066 would ultimately be the better choice.  Nobody I know has any useful insight to offer, but I figured someone here would be able to help.  To avoid vaguery, I'll post links to the two tabs I am strongly considering - though I predict some degree of heckling.  Oh well.

Azpen A721

AGPTek TP714AQ

NinjaEdit: I approved it for you, not sure why it did that though

NotNinjaEdit:  Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2013-08-27 00:54:33 by xLostWingx »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Know about Droid CPUs?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-24 23:17:31 »
i would the one azpen one heres why

8Gb of storage
dual core instead of single.
Dedicated 1GB video ram..
that 1 GB ram is one stick of DDR3(1066) and according to the details section its removable and the one ram slot can hold upto a 32GB stick so you could have 32GB or ram..

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-27 00:53:39 »
Dedicated 1GB video ram..
that 1 GB ram is one stick of DDR3(1066) and according to the details section its removable and the one ram slot can hold upto a 32GB stick so you could have 32GB or ram..

0_0    Well I had been conducting further research on some of the other Chinese tablets and had started leaning towards some other options (still ~100$ but studier [looking] build and higher specs.).  But I will be on the lookout for tablets that have removable/replaceable ram sticks.  Holy Cow...that would be sweeeet.

Just in case anyone is interested, or has experience with any of these brands, here are some of the others I was considering.

-PiPo Smart-S1 PRO
-Onda V701S
-Azpen A721
-AGPTek TP714AQ
-Coby 7065
-Sanei n78

People who get the Onda say about 40% are defective after a few weeks.  That Azpen has very few reviews from anywhere (but for some reason it seems good to me...intuition - probably not a good enough reason to choose it lol); plus that replaceable ram sound's incredible if I decided to do that.  The Sanei seems to have horrible battery life and some N78's show up online with A20 Procs, and others with rk3066s...so that's a warning sign.  The Coby...people either seem to love it or hate it.  I'm guessing people without Tablet experience think its great and people that have too high expectations think it sucks?  The AGPTek seems like a good choice...I just don't know how much I trust that brand/build quality...then again I guess I can't expect too much at this price range.  The Pipo seems too good to be true.  It is my top choice right now.  I've managed to find quite a few good reviews on it, and it's specs match or exceed all the other's without an increase in price.  And it actually looks like it is built pretty well.  Thanks Sithlord.

EDIT:  I wonder if that is a typo about the expandable ram.  It supports 32GB external SD/TF storage.  I'll make an inquiry.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-27 01:23:44 by xLostWingx »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #3 on: 2013-08-27 14:38:15 »
if it does really have upgradeable ram thats a deal maker (at least for me).