Author Topic: The 2012 elections and Ron Paul  (Read 5590 times)

poofacetherisen

• My coffin smells...
    • View Profile
The 2012 elections and Ron Paul
« on: 2012-01-21 03:40:10 »
Here it goes...

Hello, I don't know if any of you live in the United States of America and are 18 or older (depending on your state),
but if you haven't already made your choice on who you'll be voting for. Please take the content of the following videos
into consideration before you do:
WARNING: Depicts some images of war.
War is Real
Ron Paul's 2002 educated prediction...
Ron Paul vs Every other candidate...
How to get Ron Paul elected...

I advise registering for the republican party and then voting for Ron Paul as he is the only anti-war canditate who actually
intends on cutting spending (which includes military expendatures... that is not future spending btw) and ending the Federal
Reserve (if you don't understand why that is important watch Money Masters). If he gets elected this time the USA actually has a chance at
finally changing for the better of the people that actually live there not to mention people around the world.
____________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________

Here are some useful links on why USA went to war to begin with (BEWARE you may have to read):
War by Deception a documentary by Ryan Dawson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoB80Yk9NYg
Why did the US really invade Afghanistan?
http://www.rys2sense.com/anti-neocons/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27109
Time line in the Middle East
http://www.rys2sense.com/anti-neocons/viewtopic.php?t=5196

It's not enough to say "Vote Ron Paul"

PEOPLE NEED TO SWITCH PARTIES 12 WEEKS IN ADVANCE OF THE PRIMARIES IN MOST STATES.

IF YOU DO NOT SWITCH IN TIME YOU CANNOT VOTE IN PRIMARY.

IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED REPUBLICAN YOU CANNOT VOTE IN PRIMARY.

IF RON PAUL DOES NOT WIN PRIMARY, NO GENERAL ELECTION! REGISTER AS A REPUBLICAN. FIND OUT WHEN YOUR STATE HAS

PRIMARIES. FIND OUT WHERE AND VOTE VOTE VOTE! PLEASE!

WE NEED EVERY LAST VOTE! Copy and paste this everywhere

I made this thread to try and help spread the word for people who might not already know about Ron Paul and have only
gotten their news from Television. If you care to end the wars, prevent the global economy's collapse and working
towards a prosperous USA please, spread this around at forums or websites you frequent (maybe blog about it too). Thank you for your time.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: The 2012 elections and Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-21 18:23:54 »
lol registering. I live in Washington State, in which you can vote however you want, regardless of how you may or may not registered as long as you're registered to vote at all (even in the primaries, for some stupid reason).

That being said, a fairly small chunk of the people here actually live in the US, and those that do seem to lean toward the liberal side. I doubt this post will have any effect. Heck, it's not convincing me to get off my ass and vote in the primaries at all.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-21 19:07:58 »
And some of us that aren't in the US probably don't even vote in their own elections, I'm 26 now and haven't voted since I was about 19, don't see the point any more, it's all broken promises and it all ends up being the same shit regardless.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-01-21 23:17:52 »
Oh I voted.  For Paul.  Today.  So SO sick of these endless wars and being lied to by all the candidates.

Romney is bought and paid for by Goldman Sachs.  Guess who else was... Bush.  Oh, and guess who else... Obama.  How in the fuck do people actually think him being President will mean any type of change.

Oh and Gingrich, supported TARP and lobbied for Fannie May and Freddie Mac, yeah he's definitely a conservative.

I mean holy FUCK Americans are so stupid it amazes me.  And the few people who do want freedom are too damn lazy to get off their ass and help get elected the one guy who gives a shit about this country.

AMAZING.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-01-22 01:07:44 »
Here in the UK, we get all the hot air from politicians about changing the country for the better like you get everywhere, and it just never happens, unemployment is now at an all time high from around 15 to 20 years ago at a reported 8.5% yet although I reckon it's much higher, tax is now a lovely 20% and it just gets worse year by year, I don't vote because I don't want to be partly responsible for getting the next big douchenozzle to be able to screw the country in the ass worse than the last one.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2012-01-22 01:44:35 »
British politics is at a stalemate - with an emphasis on 'stale'. Even the existing government didn't really win the election - it's just a strained coalition of the best loser and a minor centre party. Labour doesn't know where to position itself; the Liberal Democrats have antagonised both left and right and the Conservatives have just not shown any leadership whatsoever.

Nismo

« Reply #6 on: 2012-01-22 12:53:37 »
I have to agree with you DragonNinja I haven't voted in years and when I did it was only for the lesser of two evils ..... However I may start voting due to party such as the BNP getting more and more votes it worries me that they may get more seats... I mean its not like they don't make good points I think they are just a bit mad but these days with the lies that all other main parts make I think people are voting them plane because they tell the truth.

Nis

Jari

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-01-22 16:56:54 »
Why yes, about 5 minutes left to vote. Also about 5 minutes to results of the early votes.

But who is this Ron Paul you speak of?

;D

Not my fault that "The 2012 elections" is somewhat ambiguous title. :-P

Anyway, it seems possible that on the second round - there will almost certainly be one, simple majority for the front-runner seems almost impossible now - there will be openly gay candidate running for president. Which is cool. We have had a femail president (for two terms, even), it's time for gay president now.

But because he's actually the most accomplished diplomat of the candidates and an overall nice person, not because he's gay.

Sadly he won't be the next president, but the front-runner is perfectly decent too.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-01-23 01:15:41 »
Sadly he won't be the next president, but the front-runner is perfectly decent too.

Aww that's poor. Why won't he be the next president?

Jari

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-01-23 23:32:00 »
Because he's not popular enough. :-P

First round results look like this. Second round will be between the two candidates who got the most votes on the first round, assuming nobody got over 50% (in which case there wouldn't be second round).

Assuming that everyone who voted on the first round will vote on the second round, he'd need to get over 70% of the 'homeless' votes, which is pretty much a no-can-do-scenario. Especially because I suspect there will be less votes cast on the second round; the two possible choices are both pro-EU, quite progressive candidates. One of them considerably more pro-NATO (even if he prefers to hide it) and conservative, another considerably more pro-greenish thingies (even if he's not making a big deal out of it) and liberal.

They are quite similar in many ways; neither of them is anti-EU, or patrio... errr, xenophobic, for example. That, and the lack of a left-wing candidate (Winland has had a left-leaning president for the past 30 years) on the second round will quite likely mean that plenty of people will just skip the second round altogether.

Also, there really isn't clear and obvious inheritance of votes there; our gay liberal *might* gain some votes from the left-wing voters, but there are not enough of those around this time. And our straight conservative *might* inherit some of the centrist votes, but his problem is that the two centrist candidates (who failed to get to the second round - quite likely because they split the centrist votes between them) were very, very strictly anti-EU, anti-NATO, anti-immigrants, and pro-nationalism, pro-xenophobia, and pro-racism (well, one of them isn't and the other one would never admit it... but if your party has representatives who openly mock non-Christians and openly publish fantasies about killing gays and enslaving niggas... errr... wai, yes, you haz a racist party :P You also haz a party that causes great LULZ in media; not even they openly condone the actions of their more outlandish representatives, but unfortunately for them, these people 'engage mouth first, brain second, deny everything later'. Which leads to all kinds of LULZy explanations afterwards. ;D).

Having said that, the final results will probably be lot closer than might be apparent from the first round results; I forecast the usual 55-45 split. Still, this one should go to conservatives - unless something very unexpected happens. Not that it would matter too much; they are the two best candidates, and both of them quite good.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-01-27 14:32:26 »
if your party has representatives who openly mock non-Christians and openly publish fantasies about killing gays and enslaving niggas... errr... wai, yes, you haz a racist party :P

"Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice. [...]
Polling data and social and political science research do show that prejudice is more common in those who hold right-wing ideals that those of other political persuasions"
http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #11 on: 2012-01-27 23:25:46 »
Rick Santorum 2012

Seriously.

Romney is a glorified used car salesman who drifts with whatever direction the wind is blowing; I agree with Paul's philosophy/ideology, but the man has become quite eccentric in recent years, and a libertarian system can't be implemented in the US in 4 years plus he will never get elected.  Gingrich is my second choice, but he is an idea man...not very good at getting productive things done (Democrats will never agree with Gingrich and Conservatives will rarely agree with him).  Rick Santorum can actually help decrease this suicidal debt, he is genuinely a good human being, and he has a history of being able to get things done in places where with a Liberal majority.  Sure, on paper he might not look that great, but he is as close to the "common man" as any candidate** that has run for president in the past 20 years.

**Major

FYI....
Romney = ~$250,000,000 net worth
Gingrich = ~$8,000,000
Paul = ~$4,500,000
Santorum = ~$900,000 (college funds for his children and property value)

================================

When considering your vote, you have to think about what is actually feasible.  I could campaign saying that I'll give all poor people $5000, decrease the debt by $4T, bring every single troop home, and eliminate all nuclear weapons in the world, but once I made it into office absolutely none of those things would happen.

Do people really believe that Conservatives want to enslave minority races, nuke anyone who opposes us, and brainwash non-Christians.  Alrite then, well I'm sure Obama will fix everything for us all and we'll hold hands singing as the world burns.  Maybe you people should...idk...pay attention in history class? 
« Last Edit: 2012-01-27 23:47:32 by xLostWingx »

Jari

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-01-29 18:50:53 »
Polling data and social and political science research do show that prejudice is more common in those who hold right-wing ideals that those of other political persuasions"

Heh. :) Hey, I knew this all along! :P

Funny thing about their most vocal racist, though; he doesn't fall into the low-IQ-category. Quite the opposite - even I (and boy, do I hate his ideals) agree that he is very smart and educated. All in all, he's bit of a... errrr... weirdo.

He likes to talk tough, yet he looks like your stereotypical nerd. He fantasizes about shooting gays, but I'm not sure if he has ever held a gun in his life - he certainly chose civil service instead of military. Apparently he also has fantasies about whipping chained up blacks, yet he is physically a scrawny bookworm kind of a dude, who'd probably get his ass handed to him post haste, if he ever got into a fight - unless he has some martial arts training I don't know of. Although I suppose there's the "chained up"-bit there. :P

Also he seems totally incapable of understanding basics of damage control, which is weird because he undeniably is smart. Every time media digs up something - old interview, piece of writing by him - he responds instantly with the same defence, basically "I didn't do it." - more or less. And then the media digs up proof and he ends up looking like a racist and a liar (well, not just looking like, he is both). To be honest, great majority of his most extreme comments were made prior to his career in the parliament, but it comes back to bite him in the ass, because media loves to do that. He has tried to clean up his act, and for the most part succeeded.

But yeah, a weird person indeed. I get this Internet tough guy-vibe from him, it almost seems like he's gotten stuck in a some kind of "SUPAH TROLL"-mode and tries to apply that to real world.

Anyway, enough about him.

Interesting developments from the presidential race; our liberal underdog is doing an awesome campaign for the second round. I've never seen such a grassroots activism in Winnish poly ticks. He is supah popular in the Intertubes of course, because he appeals to younger voters. But also the second round pre-voting is starting to get interesting - there has been almost a record number of votes cast during he past five days, and there seems to be rather heavy bias; females are voting lot more than males, which should bode well for him.

He is still trailing heavily in the official polls, while leading every Intertubes poll.

I dunno. He just actually might have a chance of winning. I certainly did bet money on it - got such a good odds. :P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012-02-08 15:00:35 »
Hope the republicans take it, I'd rather slightly insane to completely delusional and stupid.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-08 15:15:59 by DLPB »