Author Topic: FFT:Advance is fun to pass the time  (Read 5274 times)

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
FFT:Advance is fun to pass the time
« on: 2006-03-03 05:23:04 »
So at work I get bored between things to do. I grabbed an emulator and am now working my way through Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.. I'm actually enjoying it now.. Though I didnt warm to it very well.. Has anyone else played this..

I know I made a thread on this a few years ago.. LoL Even Joey did.. I didn't want to revive them for this..

Also.. Are there any other good GBA games that I could play at work.. Maybe RPGs? Anything cool like that..? I work in a call center right now.. So I sit with nothing to do for awhile then have to stop the game and answer the phone, fix the issue, back to game.. That's kinda how it works..

I'm totally open for suggestions for other games, or comments about FFT:Adv..

I'm pretty weak right now.. I have a few territories out, completed like 11 missions.. So I"m just starting.. And I just met Ritz (?) for the first time..

I'm not looking for spoilers unless they are like cheats or eastereggs like how to get cloud in your party in the original FFT.. That game was so awesome.. I loved FFT (PSX)

twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006-03-03 08:43:15 »
A good RPG for GBA is Advance Wars. I wish I still had my FFT PS1 cd.  :(
That game was the best. IMO FFTA is too 'kiddish'...lol

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-03-03 13:32:29 »
yeah i loved FFT;A too, and you really should play Advance Wars, 1 or 2, doesnt really matter though 2 is harder :/ and your glad you play em on a emu, you can set a high frame skip so it goes uber fast cus on gba it takes ages to finish one battle O_o

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-04 05:26:26 »
Advance Wars huh? I'll check it out..

And yeah.. FFT:A is kiddish.. which sucks.. And btw.. copys of the original game FFT (PSX) should be like $20 well probably WAY cheaper now, but its the PSX greatest hits title..

God I remember back when I wanted a copy really bad, but the only way to get one was ebay where they were going for like $70 a disc..

Final Fantasy Tactics on Ebay for $10 (Starting bid)

Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics & Anthology RPG LOT

[rul=http://cgi.ebay.com/FINAL-FANTASY-VII-FF-TACTICS-Playstation-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ7011663817QQcategoryZ31583QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting]This is Rape[/url]

FFT + FF7 Nice combo right? Sure.. But they price starts at $59.99 with a buy it and rape me now price of $89.99.. That is such bullshit it's not even funny.. Factory sealed, but we aren't talking originals either.. We are talking the greatest hits titles..

Oh my God.. When did this rape start to happen? Final Fantasy VII on the PSX is now getting mass bids on ebay including someone asking $200 for the original version factory sealed

This is the $200 original version

Wow.. I guess if you want to part with your copy of FF7 psx you can make some cash off of it.. I've got an original copy .. ~_^

Wow.. Here's the PC version going for $200 as well..

I bet it'll get worse when Advent Children comes out on shelves..

So I guess it's not that cheap to buy a copy of FFT anymore.. That really sucks..

I wonder if they will reprint them again.. They really should if they know what's good for them.. Otherwise people will continue to be raped over the prices on ebay.. There has to be somewhere cheaper though.. Hell I'd check local pawn shops sometimes they have rare gems..

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-03-05 15:20:57 »
I hated TA, because it was too kiddy and I hated the judges...
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=112 I just hacked my old Tactics game to give me Lede, and that was fun, as was the famous JP glich.

How about Fire Emblem? I like it because of its weapons break system and the fact that you can save anytime. Gameplay is also quite fun. This might be done better on a GBA, but emulator works good too...

But my favorite is... GOLDEN SUN! There is a Golden Sun 1 and 2, and if you have a buddy with a link cable you can transfer over your old data and get your old stuff back. This is an RPG with too much talking, great gameplay and if you remeber the days of Final Fantasy III/VI (SNES) they use basicly the same system, it gives you different classes, magics, and stats depending on what Djinn you equip. If you ever start and finish 1 and have crappy stat, PM me and I'll give you an editor for that.

Square likes to cash in. They will eventually release those titles again, because they know we will emulate them if they don't hurry up. Don't know when though... Maybe X-Box 360 Edition?

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-03-09 05:40:16 »
Midgar.. I was trying to hack the game any way possible using Codebreaker codes, game shark codes, etc.. They don't work..

I was seriously bored with it so I figured I'd hack it and check out the weapons and jobs and such, but I tried repeatedly and nothing worked..

Has anyone successfully hacked this game?

btw.. I also just iso'ed a copy of FFT (PSX) I'll take it to work with me tomorrow along with epsxe ^_^ I hope it goes ok without a controller.. I don't think I played with a keyboard.. I also hope that I can run it not in full screen mode.. I'm running on a celeron 1.4.. its pretty crappy honestly.. And I have to run multiple other programs to actually do my job.. ~_^

Anyway.. Maybe I'll try a different rom of FFTA I didnt think of that..

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #6 on: 2006-03-11 04:19:36 »
Honestly the best GBA game I've ever played is Fire Emblem (1).

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-03-12 00:27:22 »
Quote from: Caddberry
Midgar.. I was trying to hack the game any way possible using Codebreaker codes, game shark codes, etc.. They don't work..

I was seriously bored with it so I figured I'd hack it and check out the weapons and jobs and such, but I tried repeatedly and nothing worked..

Has anyone successfully hacked this game?

btw.. I also just iso'ed a copy of FFT (PSX) I'll take it to work with me tomorrow along with epsxe ^_^ I hope it goes ok without a controller.. I don't think I played with a keyboard.. I also hope that I can run it not in full screen mode.. I'm running on a celeron 1.4.. its pretty crappy honestly.. And I have to run multiple other programs to actually do my job.. ~_^

Anyway.. Maybe I'll try a different rom of FFTA I didnt think of that..

My little bother lends my FFta to hack it with a Xploder www.xploder.net i believe, try that out.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-03-12 17:24:45 »
Never heard of FFTastic, or FFTEdit?
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/fft/downloads/
FFTastic needs a .dll file, but I don't remember which one... FFTEdit isn't bad though, just lesser