Author Topic: [WIP/REL] Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VIII style  (Read 80163 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP] Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VIII style
« Reply #100 on: 2012-09-28 06:12:50 »
so i just found this, and you have to be able to build off this Espio! this is amazing! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2mSzAK3aS8

I already told him about this and the code for that is very different
that's a gamemoment specific piece of code that tells the game to display a specific model and make it follow another specific model.
Ultima was trying for a more free version of this, where you can just have whatever party member and then they show up following you

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2013-11-09 13:12:38 »
Took me ages to find this thread again, but I come with news. Finally managed to get it working:

http://youtu.be/ijlpuMTTxPw

Spawning points are a bit of a problem, since she doesn't want to load in Cloud's location. I ended up having to load her in different point depending on which map was visited last. It does have it's glitches however, if she doesn't catch up to Cloud by the time he climbs a ladder, it'll try to execute her ladder script. It won't work until she catches Cloud, so once she does, it'll try to initiate her climb and she'll go nowhere and you'll get stuck.

I haven't really tested cutscenes either.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-09 13:14:09 by ultima espio »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2013-11-10 04:10:45 »
It's days like today that I'm glad we've got a karma system now. Through a sea of difficulty mods and retextures of everyone retexturing each others' models, stuff like this really deserves to stand out. :D

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #103 on: 2013-11-12 11:08:05 »
Took me ages to find this thread again, but I come with news. Finally managed to get it working:

http://youtu.be/ijlpuMTTxPw

Spawning points are a bit of a problem, since she doesn't want to load in Cloud's location. I ended up having to load her in different point depending on which map was visited last. It does have it's glitches however, if she doesn't catch up to Cloud by the time he climbs a ladder, it'll try to execute her ladder script. It won't work until she catches Cloud, so once she does, it'll try to initiate her climb and she'll go nowhere and you'll get stuck.

I haven't really tested cutscenes either.

you could reserve a universal bit that deactivates and activates the script you're running. if you set the bit as a cut scene starts it should stop the script from executing or loading until you unset the bit
since you want everyone to stop using the script you would only need 1 bit that disables all the scripts.  most likely you can only stop the script upon screen load but most cut scenes are like that. for others you could find a workaround by storing the script inside a loop that continuously checks for the bit being set and keeps running the script if its not set so when you set it, the script stops looping. ( you could extend this a little bit so it loops from start - check - start instead of start - check - finish so the script would run properly again the moment you unset the bit after the cut scene )

I hope this wasn't confusing.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2013-11-13 12:44:35 »
So far what I've seen is cutscenes mostly happen with a If Gamemoment= variable, so I just got it to disable in that field if it's that time. I think that'll be fine for now.

I managed to fix the issue coming from the world map, it's set up so that if you come from any other map that wasn't defined in the variables above (any of the others locations that you can walk into), it'll load them on the stairs. I had to use Otyugh to work out the coordinates and the triangle ID. DLPB, you are a hero :)

I'm also setting it up in such a way that any character can be the leader in Cosmo Canyon, in some cases rearranging scripts.

Once I've done all of Cosmo Canyon, I'll upload it for you to look at/implement in your own work.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #105 on: 2013-11-16 01:26:21 »
I'm so much looking forward for this project to be completed! It would be really nice having the characters following us!

zutox

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2013-12-15 20:15:56 »
It's gonna be great if this project succeeds. Not only because it's more "fancy" and realistic to have the characters follow, but also because you will be able to see the other characters more, and not just cloud :)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2013-12-24 13:14:12 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKuANthS9Mg

Here we go, a tiny release. It's only cos_btm, since I only had the time to finish that one. You may rip it apart and implement in your own work, or update and improve upon it :) Might not be the great mod you were hoping for after 3 and a half years, but it's a start.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gxmbbfkxw4664f0/cos_btm

Merry Christmas :)

Seclet

• Todo esta permitido...
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP/REL] Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VIII style
« Reply #108 on: 2014-05-12 16:18:45 »
ultima spio

you know where to put that file there? myself is that I'm interested in this wonderful mod thanks
« Last Edit: 2014-05-12 16:28:07 by Seclet »