Author Topic: [FF8PC/PSX SLES-02080] Battle Hardcore Patch (2010-11-14)  (Read 65982 times)

Colly

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy VIII PL
Anyway, I hope he soon releases the newer version...

I'm sorry, I have a small delay, because I want change installer. The previous one using external program, and that's why it won't work on Windows Vista/7 on all user accounts except Administrator. In new version this problem will disappear. :)

I read all of your feedbacks, thanks :)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Can you put a release date? Or not yet?

Kharhaz

Hey I was just wondering if anyone who has played through Omega Extreme could comment on the difficulty later on, I'm just worried it's not really going to be hard enough  for someone knows the game really well. I mean it's pretty easy to get your characters all at 1500-2000+ HP right after obtaining Siren, and playing the card game makes you significantly stronger if you know what cards to collect and refine.

I'm just not sure what kind of player the author took into consideration when making adjustments, and I was just wondering how it is later on, since I honestly don't expect any kind of challenge for the rest of disc 1 with my current party.

Foyboy

• View Profile
Hey I was just wondering if anyone who has played through Omega Extreme could comment on the difficulty later on, I'm just worried it's not really going to be hard enough  for someone knows the game really well. I mean it's pretty easy to get your characters all at 1500-2000+ HP right after obtaining Siren, and playing the card game makes you significantly stronger if you know what cards to collect and refine.

I'm just not sure what kind of player the author took into consideration when making adjustments, and I was just wondering how it is later on, since I honestly don't expect any kind of challenge for the rest of disc 1 with my current party.
I played through on Omega Extreme and I was consistently handicapping myself to ensure even the slightest challenge. I didn't avoid leveling, but I didn't go out of my way to level to make the game harder. If you know what you're doing and you don't handicap yourself (i.e., refusing to abuse cards), the game won't be a challenge at all.

Kharhaz

I played through on Omega Extreme and I was consistently handicapping myself to ensure even the slightest challenge. I didn't avoid leveling, but I didn't go out of my way to level to make the game harder. If you know what you're doing and you don't handicap yourself (i.e., refusing to abuse cards), the game won't be a challenge at all.

That's unfortunate, I really like to utilize all the features of the games, including the card game because I actually think it's fun. Hopefully Colly will take this into consideration for future releases. It's probably hard to make a battle truly difficult without modifying the AI, but I think with a enough tweaking and feedback you could get some pretty tough monsters that everyone would find suitable for the hardest difficulty. As is stands, I feel Omega Extreme is far too easy for the Veteran FF8 player, but mostly because of the card game and junction system. On the other hand, I can see how making it so hard that the card game is mandatory could turn some players away.

Just my thoughts, I love playing through any kind of hard mod for RPGs, but strangely I don't really like to intentionally handicap myself.

pacito-ex

• View Profile
Any way this could be released into English NTSC PSX?

LandonRayW

• View Profile
Colly, have you done any AI or enemy ability modifications for version 3?  I ask because I have been working on an AI mod (also tweaking what abilities some monsters can use), however if you have already done it for version 3 then perhaps I'll start working on something else.

zuda

Anabody can reuploaded the file for PC 's version please?

Colly

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy VIII PL
Links corrected ;)

zuda

thanks

cmndstab

• View Profile
Does my FF8 installation need to be a certain version, or something? I've tried installing this several times on each of the three difficulty levels, and each time the game is no more difficult than before.

Originally I was using FF8 patched to v1.2 along with Aali's graphics patch v0.7.11b, but when that didn't work I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and just applying this patch the original version of FF8. No dice. The patch says it has finished applying but there is no change.

I'm running Windows XP.

Can anyone suggest anything I might try? Alternatively, is it possible to get ahold the files that have been modified? For that matter, which files should be modified? Is it just FF8.exe or are some data files modified as well?

Thanks for your time.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Try to run as administrator.

cmndstab

• View Profile
My account has administrator privileges, but just to be certain I tried running it as administrator, and the same thing occurred - it says the patch was applied successfully, but there is no change in the game.

cmndstab

• View Profile
I figured out my problem at last. The installation notes say to extract the files to the root FF8 directory, but actually it's the Hardcore folder itself that needs to be in the FF8 directory. The installer looks up a directory to find the data folder and when I had it in the FF8 directory, it would go out  of the directory, fail to find the data folder, and would exit prematurely and declare it was finished.

So if anyone else is having the same problem, make sure that you have the patch files still inside their own Hardcore folder, inside the FF8 directory.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
EDIT
Problem fixed upon reinstall
« Last Edit: 2013-04-04 09:29:51 by Nikkolas »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
There aren't currently any methods of altering Card Refining Items are there?
There aren't currently any methods of altering Junction Bonuses are there?

If there is a way to nerf Junction Bonuses that would be ideal.  Also if there was a way to alter card refining would be nice (i.e. 1 Samantha Soul from Quistis Card instead of 3).

Pendrokar

• View Profile
Hi,

While playing the Steam release of FF8, I noticed I know too much of the game and there is no challenge in replaying the game.

While a user made difficulty patch might increase the fun. I was wondering how this was made and whenever it is possible to have a mode in which enemies are 50 or even a hundred levels higher than player characters?

I tried making all characters 100 LVL at the start of the game, which while did heavily increase the difficulty, it was all for nothing when I ran into the first boss, Ifirit, who's maximum level was limited to 10-20 something. So I am also wondering if manually increasing a bosses level beyond their maximum will automatically increase its stats?

falkTX

• View Profile

nickyt89

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC/PSX SLES-02080] Battle Hardcore Patch (2010-11-14)
« Reply #43 on: 2015-03-19 21:15:27 »
recently downloaded the steam version of ff8 and have done the tonberry eden mods etc but I cant get this hardcore patch to work ive extracted the hardcore folder into my steamapps/common/finalfantasyVIII folder and ran the program but it has not made a difference to my game, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

hudsonhack

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2015-06-23 18:35:16 »
I have tried everything I can't get the mod to work on PC

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2016-03-24 05:40:07 »
So I finally got this working - and I can tell because I checked some vids on YT and saw Ifrit's HP is about 400 points higher in this than the original - but it's not that hard as of right now.

Or did the mod not take into account Triple Triad? I haven't grinded like a madman for TT cards and stuff like I did in the "Requiem" mod but I'm still packing Aga spells and the like.

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if there's a difficulty spike? Maybe it's because I've been comparing this to Requiem a lot but things feel so much...simpler right now. I'm only at Timber so maybe there's more of a difficulty curve in this than Requiem, which started off crazy hard and only got worse, but I'd like to know if anyone here can tell me if things get significantly harder at some point?

Oh and I am on Omega Extreme.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24 05:42:15 by Nikkolas »

Rikku

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2018-02-24 11:03:21 »
I just discovered this Mod while i was looking for a FF8 psx mod.

So, what do you guys think of this Mod compared to Requiem Mod ??
Is it balanced and difficult but reasonable ?
and finally, did this mod just touch enemy stats or some character too ??

CYRU5

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2018-04-19 20:12:29 »
I just discovered this Mod while i was looking for a FF8 psx mod.

So, what do you guys think of this Mod compared to Requiem Mod ??
Is it balanced and difficult but reasonable ?
and finally, did this mod just touch enemy stats or some character too ??

I'm gonna be trying this mod this days and I'll give you an answer as no one has yet

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2018-06-20 15:47:58 »
I'm gonna be trying this mod this days and I'll give you an answer as no one has yet
still keen to hear your answer as promised :P

Enuo

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2018-11-25 13:48:23 »
Is there a way to install this with steam version? I tryed putting the hardcore folder in the root of the game and running the progam and it says the  patch is applied but it does nothing, i tryed to look the bat files and they apparently try to search for "battle.fs" in the data folder but the battle.fs is in lang-en folder here... also is the .exe "!ff8fs" supposed to do something else than opening and instantly closing? I'm not sure what i should be doing to make it to work.