Author Topic: Project Edge (Jusete's field scenes)  (Read 400995 times)

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: Project Edge (Jusete's field scenes)
« Reply #825 on: 2020-07-03 14:45:50 »
I have no idea of how many fields there are in total, but I'm interested in the completeness of this.
There are 729 fields, of which between Jusete, faulked, jmp434, and others, of which 85 have been remodeled and made available for inclusion.

dangarfield

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 2020-07-03 15:38:15 »
This is maybe not the right place for this (and I have had a search around this forum a little - and the 7th Heaven one also), but I have a desire:

I would love to see a mod in 7th Heaven that includes these 85 (maybe selectably) amazingly reworked fields, but for the ones that have not been done yet, the upscaled ones from Remako are used. I might post this on the 7th Heaven board too.

Note: Whilst I'm not a C* based developer, I write code on a daily basis so may be able to assist and would love to contribute towards this project. If not in a modelling capacity, then in a coding or administrative role (I don't know why you don't have a trello board of maintained status page for Team Avalanche. This is my first day of looking, will love to get involved gradually.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2020-07-03 22:52:31 »
It's already out there/possible... load both the miscellaneous and field texture mods, with misc first in the load order.  The Project Edge fields are in misc, and Satsuki/Remako are in field textures.  Winner winner chicken dinner ;)

(I do have a folders-based mod on my local machine that's designed for easy updates via torrent's force recheck/replace mechanism, but I've been having a bear of a time getting the tracker to properly publish my external IP, which makes seeding updates damned near impossible)

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #828 on: 2020-07-10 13:06:58 »
Hi guys! Sorry for the long time without posting anything, I've been very busy(still actually) with work and college and unable to get into the project. I'll be done with college by August so I'll finish all the mako reactors and probably start remaking the very first stage(the one with the train) to keep same style/art. I'll keep you posted when I start again.

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2020-07-12 09:51:57 »
Hello,

I'm very busy too, but the slicing of the reactors is about to be finished. I'm still working on nmkin_2 that is a very balls-breaker map !! The others are apparently good, just a few tests in game and I'll able to share them.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2020-07-13 02:36:24 »
Much love for you, Shampignon... I tried to slice just one field before DDS was a thing, and the result looked like a cross between Friday the 13th and Alien.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2020-08-16 19:27:25 »
I can't wait to see your new stuff jusete, your work is always perfect ^^

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #832 on: 2020-08-22 15:19:02 »
Same here cannot wait for Jusete to finalize Midgar and then to see his new art on the next levels, I can imagine how it would be the Forgotten Ancient City...

SoulEvan

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2020-08-28 09:35:27 »
I think we need Sherlock Holmes to find out, what happened to Jusete and Shampignon.  ;D Are u okay guys? I hope so. Do you work for Shinra now?  ???
« Last Edit: 2020-08-28 09:40:24 by SoulEvan »

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 2020-08-28 12:30:12 »
I'm okay  :-D

But I'm still working on Mako reactor, nmkin_2 is very very complicated to slice ! I'll share all the first reactor's maps when I finish. Then the second reactor, but smkin_2 will be the same shit !

Thank you for your support guys !

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2020-09-05 13:02:56 »
Hello !

First reactor finally complete !!!

nmkin_2 :

Download here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qt7T9auJC6Sn2KymWLViJlJgQns81OFA/view?usp=sharing

This one was a nightmare to slice ! I had to remove two pillars on the structure at the top of the ladder because it was impossible to make the characters pass behind, and to make the bottom of the map more darker because I had empty areas (that stand out in black in game) when i created transparency with gateways.

nmkin_3 :

Download here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/14wJNHsCdwCF-T26dRes_EUtCG6VskQsN/view?usp=sharing

nmkin_4 :

Download here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OLCa3Yby4oKT0K6p2hoZPzfsIjFPlefq/view?usp=sharing

nmkin_5 :

Download here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U7OK6kMN8Nbkpqq69WbUnVN5oqleyNRZ/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy friends !!

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 2020-09-05 19:14:26 »
merci a toi shampignon ^^

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 2020-09-05 20:16:21 »
Beautiful!

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #838 on: 2020-09-05 21:47:55 »
Bloody hell !! Magnificent

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #839 on: 2020-09-05 23:28:29 »
Thank you for your hard work Shampignon, this project is nothing without you. 😍😍

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #840 on: 2020-09-07 14:01:26 »
Congrats on the first reactor, looks wonderful.

Since you're probably going to be moving into the city, I found a Velvet Voix poster from Crisis Core for when you meet Aerith:

Do you know if you can widen this walkway? If you use non-chibi models (since the people playing this mod are likely going to be doing so anyway), then it looks like Cloud is floating in the air.

« Last Edit: 2020-09-07 16:08:34 by Devina »

Shampignon

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2020-09-07 22:11:58 »

Do you know if you can widen this walkway? If you use non-chibi models (since the people playing this mod are likely going to be doing so anyway), then it looks like Cloud is floating in the air.

I think it's the same with the original map...

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 2020-09-08 03:03:59 »
Probably, but I don't think that should stop you from making it a little wider to prevent air walking.
I think it would be a good idea to accommodate for the real-life proportioned models for the very rare occasions issues like these pop up.

jons

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 2020-09-08 03:30:40 »
My god the reactor looks AMAZING. Does the project edge mod thats on 7th heaven 2.0 get updated with these new textures? or do i have to download them manually from here?

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #844 on: 2020-09-08 08:06:01 »
You can download the files from the links Shampignon posts above. If you are using 7th heaven, unpack the iro and put the folders inside then load the mod with the folder option. If you do it that way you can update the mod once the fields are converted and won't need to wait for an update.

dangarfield

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2020-09-08 12:02:39 »
Great job! How are you dealing with slicing the 'semi transparent layers, e.g. Where the game uses additive or subtractive blending? Are these included in the sliced output also or it is just ignored? Same with param and state layers? Are they included too? I may have something that may be able to help identify and seperate later if you're interested

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 2020-09-08 13:40:49 »
The walkway likely doesn't need to be widened.  What's more likely is the new model is actually standing below the floor and needs its root height adjusted

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #847 on: 2020-09-10 10:14:07 »
Great job! How are you dealing with slicing the 'semi transparent layers, e.g. Where the game uses additive or subtractive blending? Are these included in the sliced output also or it is just ignored? Same with param and state layers? Are they included too? I may have something that may be able to help identify and seperate later if you're interested
I did a quick test and everything was working fine. Shampignon did an amazing work importing them xD
« Last Edit: 2020-09-10 11:33:39 by jusete »

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #848 on: 2020-09-11 13:14:39 »
I´m back!

Not as much time as I used to have for modding but at least still working on it  :D

SoulEvan

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 2020-09-11 14:02:59 »
Great Arnold Schwarzenegger. Ehm, I mean Jusete.  ;D