Author Topic: Hardcore Mod Tips/Etc Topic.  (Read 12775 times)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hardcore Mod Tips/Etc Topic.
« Reply #25 on: 2010-07-17 22:39:32 »
how the hell do you beat the 3 swordsmen that attack you when you recieve level 66 keycard? Im dead almost immediately, and even if i do manage to survive for a few rounds, it seems like they get triple the amount of attacks out that i do. I tried tossing loco weeds and it seemed to help, but one critical hit from anyone of these guys and im dead. Im around level 16, and honestly i haven't had any trouble so far.

lee

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-07-17 23:15:52 »
They gave me a tough time to, loco weeds, fire fangs, and bolt plumes help here. Yes they do get many more attacks than you, so watch out. Do not let the one that casts berserk berserk you, and make sure hews confused so he winds up berserking one of his party members instead.

First take out the Curing one, I believe hes the purple one, because he will cure and revive the other members ALL the time.
Next concentrate on the blue one, this guy can deal some serious damage, especially if he's berserked.
The other one sucks, and just does some sort of kill move when he dies, watch out for it.

Go up 2 floors although you cannot unlike the doors and fight the fights that have Soldiers and Robots. You can steal a Hardedge from these soldiers that may help you a good bit,I forgot what the robots steal was.Lvl up here until you feel confortable(fire fangs and bolt plumes come in handy on the lvling as well)head back down and save, and then give em your all.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-07-18 00:20:38 »
anything worthwhile that i could steal off of them in the process? I already got a hardedge, but the tip about going 2 floors up is priceless. I gained 2 levels in a matter of 10 minutes.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-07-18 01:03:55 »
Yeah The blue one just has crap(x-potion), but one has a fairy ring and and the other has some armor I believe.

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-07-24 19:16:26 »
I want this mod...

Also, I want that model mod.

Where do I get and install!!!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-07-24 19:20:07 »
I believe this is the hardcore mod.

The Cloud model is Apz's, but since he ripped one of the textures from Dissidia, it's now illegal.

Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-07-24 19:23:23 »
Ok, this is the only mod I am going to put on my FF7.

How do i do this?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-07-24 19:38:14 »
Just download the installer and open the installation program; it's all pretty straightforward.

Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-07-24 19:53:32 »
error with the scene.bin...

I am going to check the normal topic, but will this hurt me?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-07-24 20:39:22 »
You should ask in the programming feedback topic, but I suspect one of two things is happening. Either:

1. The installer doesn't have permission to edit the file (try running as admin)

Or

2. You've edited your scene.bin file in some way and the installer isn't recognising it. Try copying over your current scene.bin with a fresh one from the FF7 install disc.

Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-07-24 21:16:46 »
I am reinstalling completely to a new folder, I know all the directories so it should be no problem. If the problem persists I will continue asking ( I have already dropped a post in feedback forum)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-07-25 01:33:49 »
I really discourage you to install on a different folder. Some mods can only work if the game is installed in the default location mainly the TA patch.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-07-25 01:35:23 »
I have no idea why you think so. The TA patch will work wherever you put the game. It even searches the registry for your install location.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-07-25 01:39:09 »
Really? I haven't tried it. I assumed that it won't work because when I installed TA patch before it says "if it isn't there I can't help you" or something similar.

Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-07-31 22:55:45 »
I'm at Gongaga. Just beat the Turks, my highest is Cloud at level 29.

Also, turns out that dream powder is extremely useful against the turks.