Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4874553 times)

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3550 on: 2016-05-02 17:35:21 »
I think the way it works is that it doesn't update until you've entered a new screen.

Did you use Quadded Ultima with HP or MP Absorb by any chance? http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Quadra_Magic_Ultima_glitch
Despite what the Wiki says, it does occur against Jenova Synthesis (and anything else with multiple parts).

If that wasn't used, then I'll have a look at the AI and see what's going on.
Actually I was Miming Shinra Bombs for consistent unsplit damage to all enemies. Didn't have HP or MP Absorb equipped at all and didn't use Ultima. I think the game seems to be a bit iffy about LUPER and LANUV dying first which for some people probably wouldn't happen as they like to buff themselves with Peerless.

When LANUV and LUPER die before the main body they don't actually vanish like most other enemies but they teleport to somewhere else on the battlefield, often ending up in midair.

There's also a typo just before you venture down into the final part of the game, namely "They're coming out in f".
« Last Edit: 2016-05-02 17:58:22 by Skirmish »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: 2016-05-02 18:02:02 »
Actually I was Miming Shinra Bombs for consistent unsplit damage to all enemies. Didn't have HP or MP Absorb equipped at all and didn't use Ultima. I think the game seems to be a bit iffy about LUPER and LANUV dying first which for some people probably wouldn't happen as they like to buff themselves with Peerless.

When LANUV and LUPER die before the main body they don't actually vanish like most other enemies but they teleport to somewhere else on the battlefield, often ending up in midair.

There's also a typo just before you venture down into the final part of the game, namely "They're coming out in f".

Hmm, not sure; I was watching a stream recently where Lanuv and Luper died first unless I'm remembering it incorrectly. I imagine it's tied to the arms in some way though, that's where the problem is likely coming from. As for the typo, it might be due to a long name causing the text to run on but I don't think there's any mention of a long name in that particular line. I'll have a quick look at it.

In slightly better news, I figured out why the Fort Condor Teleport NPC was tripping up for some people so that'll hopefully be up and running once it's patched.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-02 18:05:19 by Sega Chief »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: 2016-05-02 18:27:46 »
Hmm, not sure; I was watching a stream recently where Lanuv and Luper died first unless I'm remembering it incorrectly. I imagine it's tied to the arms in some way though, that's where the problem is likely coming from. As for the typo, it might be due to a long name causing the text to run on but I don't think there's any mention of a long name in that particular line. I'll have a quick look at it.

In slightly better news, I figured out why the Fort Condor Teleport NPC was tripping up for some people so that'll hopefully be up and running once it's patched.
Just tested the fight again while letting LANUV and LUPER keep their buffs and it's definitely something to do with the arms. Maybe this fight can't handle more than one thing dying at the same time or something?

I guess I'll try single targeting Jenova JUNOA and see if that just finishes the fight like that or if it still soft-locks. Either way the fight still needs to be looked into.

EDIT: Single targetting Jenova JUNO's main body results in her dying normally and progressing to the next fight.

By the way does using Knights of the Round on Jenova JUNO buff Sephiroth's HP in the next phases?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-02 19:19:52 by Skirmish »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: 2016-05-02 20:16:51 »
No, all the checks/conditions that raise HP/Stats were removed from the AI including the KOTR one.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: 2016-05-02 21:09:56 »
No, all the checks/conditions that raise HP/Stats were removed from the AI including the KOTR one.
Good to know, hopefully this means when you fix the Jenova soft-lock I won't have to spend time farming for healing/damage items (I'm not going to use the W-Item glitch despite the temptation to just ROFLstomp the final fights, although you were absolutely right to make W-Item tricky to obtain).

Or alternatively I might just allow the arms to gain Peerless and then hit Jenova with powerful Multi-Target attacks. I'll test this now to see if killing LANUV and LUPER without killing the arms avoid any soft-lock issues.

EDIT: I was right, the soft-lock issue seems to be exclusively the arms. I was able to kill LANUV and LUPER before the arms and avoid any soft-locking.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-02 22:41:07 by Skirmish »

anti_ohme

• View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: 2016-05-03 17:59:55 »
Hey @SegaChief!

Trying to get catastrophe but after the dialogue on the bridge, I cant seem to exit the bridge screen - at either end... Sorry if this is a known thing.... I installed the hotfixes first then updated to 1.4

Just came from the mimic fight for Aeris and it all worked great so not sure if its something my end or whaaat.

Thanks bro!

ohme

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: 2016-05-03 18:17:06 »
It's intended to nullify every element, including Restorative. These don't stack either, because they're flags. If there's more than one flag though then they can combine (so if you have Absorb + Half, then I think you absorb it but it's reduced by 50% and same goes for Absorb + Weak, you absorb 2x the damage). Null and Half will override each other though based on which one is read first/last (not sure which).

Is this entirely true? Have you changed the mechanics around, or is this true for vanilla? I did some digging into this a while ago, and I ran some tests against the Icicle and the Sea Worm, both of which have multiple elemental properties. I'n not 100% sure on this, but I'm fairly confident that the priority order goes:

Nuliffy
Absorb
Halve
Double

Meaning, if the nullify flag is ticked, then the other elemental properties are then ignored, and if the Nullify check fails but Absorb is up, then Halve and double are disregarded.

I would like a second opinion though!!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: 2016-05-03 20:32:09 »
Is this entirely true? Have you changed the mechanics around, or is this true for vanilla? I did some digging into this a while ago, and I ran some tests against the Icicle and the Sea Worm, both of which have multiple elemental properties. I'n not 100% sure on this, but I'm fairly confident that the priority order goes:

Nuliffy
Absorb
Halve
Double

Meaning, if the nullify flag is ticked, then the other elemental properties are then ignored, and if the Nullify check fails but Absorb is up, then Halve and double are disregarded.

I would like a second opinion though!!

See, I'm not 100% sure. I would have said that Nullify overrides it as well but someone on the thread mentioned having a Half and a Nullify equipped (Armour and Accessory) and that the Half effect won out. It left me wondering if it works differently for characters because they're loading the elemental resistances from several different places (as in, do Armour elemental resistances take priority over Accessories?)

Hey @SegaChief!

Trying to get catastrophe but after the dialogue on the bridge, I cant seem to exit the bridge screen - at either end... Sorry if this is a known thing.... I installed the hotfixes first then updated to 1.4

Just came from the mimic fight for Aeris and it all worked great so not sure if its something my end or whaaat.

Thanks bro!

ohme

When you say you updated to 1.4, do you mean you were playing on 1.35 up until this point? 1.4 has a few new scenes that use new triggers which won't have been flipped in a normal playthrough. If that's the case, you might need to approach the bridge from the opposite way (from the Costa Del Sol side) in order to get this scene to trigger normally (and make sure that Cloud is your party leader). It's generally recommended to start a new game when there's been a major update; let me know if you still can't get past the bridge though and I'll add a special Disc 3 check to the previous screen to disable the bridge event altogether.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-03 20:41:02 by Sega Chief »

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: 2016-05-03 21:20:25 »
See, I'm not 100% sure. I would have said that Nullify overrides it as well but someone on the thread mentioned having a Half and a Nullify equipped (Armour and Accessory) and that the Half effect won out. It left me wondering if it works differently for characters because they're loading the elemental resistances from several different places (as in, do Armour elemental resistances take priority over Accessories?)

Interesting notion, however I think when the checks are performed it doesn't matter where the resistance comes from, it just sees that there is resistance, and the priority check plays out. I may have the priority incorrect as I was going from memory, it could be that it goes Absorb, Halve, Nullify, Double.... I've just had a quick look at TFerguson's FAQ:

In summary, the various resistances have the following priority:
  Death Weakness
  Recover
  Immune
  Absorb
  Weak/Resist
  Normal

I hypothesis that the person who mentioned that Halve won out was incorrect. Again, I experimented on the Sea Worm, and not once did I notice two resistances work against/with each other. I'm just not 100% sure though.....

« Reply #3559 on: 2016-05-04 00:55:24 »
I ran into a bit of a snag when trying to get the Mega Materia from the train at Corel and wasn't able to stop the thing. Got to the train driver and ran out of time as soon as the fight started. I thought I was hustling too but alas.

Anyway, I recall what happens when you mess up the train section in vanilla, but I'm wondering if it's different in the mod. Is it worth reloading and trying again or does it not really matter?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-04 00:58:58 by ohhhhyeahohhellyeahbaby »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: 2016-05-04 01:25:48 »
The overall consequences aren't too severe; you can just dig up Bahamut ZERO from Bone Village later and Comet can be found in a different location as well so it isn't missable. I'll PM the location of the 2nd Comet Materia.

« Reply #3561 on: 2016-05-04 01:39:20 »
Fantastic, thanks for the info.

There's a couple other things I was wondering, regarding the Norther Crater, is there an approximate level I should probably be at? I ask because I have people who seem to be close to pushing level 70 which (if memory serves) is verrrry different from how it works in vanilla. I've also only had one character make it to rank 4, though others are approaching that: is that par for the course given where I am? And if not the case, what would be the best way to gain SP?

EDIT: did you restore the weird speechless guy dummied out in Sector 5? He's weird.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-04 02:19:21 by ohhhhyeahohhellyeahbaby »

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: 2016-05-04 02:32:40 »
SC--I've been working on final weapons/sidequests, and seem to have run into 2 issues:

--I have all the necessary items in my inventory to create the HP Shout (Battle Trumpet, Starlight Phone, DM), but when I try to get the smith to make it, he says I don't have all the correct items.  Is there a different version of one of these somewhere I should be looking for, or is this bugged?

--Lost and found guys seems to just want to give me more Pulse Ammo, even though I already got one from him and used it already.  Is this how he's supposed to function?

EDIT:  And another thing--during the fight to get the DM, the boss used both Lvl 3 Flare and Lvl 4 Death.  My entire Party is level 99, and the flare did not hit, but the death did---are the level numbers in the skill display a typo?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-04 02:50:12 by magictrufflez »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: 2016-05-04 02:53:02 »
Fantastic, thanks for the info.

There's a couple other things I was wondering, regarding the Norther Crater, is there an approximate level I should probably be at? I ask because I have people who seem to be close to pushing level 70 which (if memory serves) is verrrry different from how it works in vanilla. I've also only had one character make it to rank 4, though others are approaching that: is that par for the course given where I am? And if not the case, what would be the best way to gain SP?

EDIT: did you restore the weird speechless guy dummied out in Sector 5? He's weird.

Lv.70-80 is the range intended for hitting Disc 3; rank-wise, I'm not sure but I set myself up to be about Rank 6 for going down into the Crater. As far as gaining SP goes, there was an unintended AI bug that I've decided to keep where enemy formations of two or more enemies will always give SP going past lv.44.

Your best bet is to find a large enemy formation that is above Lv.44 (Mideel perhaps) and sweep them; if there's six enemies in the formation, you'll get 5 SP. If there's 5, you'll get 4 SP, and so on. Also remember that SP is like EXP; active party members get the full amount while those not in the party only get 1/2. Junon Leagues also gives a chunk of SP to the participating character if you want to build/catch-up someone specific.

SC--I've been working on final weapons/sidequests, and seem to have run into 2 issues:

--I have all the necessary items in my inventory to create the HP Shout (Battle Trumpet, Starlight Phone, DM), but when I try to get the smith to make it, he says I don't have all the correct items.  Is there a different version of one of these somewhere I should be looking for, or is this bugged?

--Lost and found guys seems to just want to give me more Pulse Ammo, even though I already got one from him and used it already.  Is this how he's supposed to function?

I'll re-check the triggers to make sure there's nothing amiss. As for the Lost & Found, I didn't want to use a fresh set of switches to make it only trigger once and there shouldn't be much harm in getting multiple copies of it after use.

Lopes

• View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: 2016-05-04 16:19:44 »
Hey guys :)

I need help, i messed up a little with Black Chocobo, a ff7 save editor...

Can anyone please tell me the MATERIA that is supposed to be MASTER/UNIQUE?
Thanks

Lopes

• View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: 2016-05-04 17:14:56 »
Also can someone explain me the BOSS in shinra building?

He says something about the hours but i dont get it... he just kills me fast  :cry:

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: 2016-05-04 18:11:49 »
Hey guys :)

I need help, i messed up a little with Black Chocobo, a ff7 save editor...

Can anyone please tell me the MATERIA that is supposed to be MASTER/UNIQUE?
Thanks

A save editor will probably mess up a lot of things if you're not careful. As far as unique/master Materia goes:
-) All Summons are 1-Star and drop as Mastered
-) There is only one Enemy Skill Materia in the entire game
-) Long Range is not dropped anywhere in the mod
-) Speed Plus, Luck Plus, and Magic Plus are not currently dropped but are planned to be made available in the Dark Cave sidequest.
-) Mime, Final Attack, Underwater, W-Item, W-Magic, W-Summon, Enemy Lure, Enemy Away, Pre-Emptive, Gil Plus, EXP Plus, MP Plus, Chocobo Lure, and HP Plus are 1-Star and drop as Mastered.

Try to avoid changing character level, as Black Chocobo will auto-adjust their stats to fit the default stats and EXP will likely be messed up too.

Also can someone explain me the BOSS in shinra building?

He says something about the hours but i dont get it... he just kills me fast  :cry:

Ignore him; the puzzle on that floor was removed and all the chests now give items instead. The chest in the stairwell that contains Keycard 66 is also unlocked and can be opened without having to enter the Midgar model room.

Lopes

• View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: 2016-05-04 18:27:18 »
Thank you very much Sega :D

Luckily i didnt change their levels with it, i asked some posts above about their stats. I used it to change them and try different combos.
Thank you :)

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: 2016-05-04 21:41:51 »
I seem to have run into a problem after installing 1.4. After beating Plasma Buster, the game seems to hang and I get box popping up saying "An unknown exception has occurred".

The first time it happened, Aeris' church theme was playing, the two times after that it was just a black screen. Has that happened before to anyone else?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: 2016-05-05 06:18:57 »
So the game reaches the Church scene (where the screen is black and Cloud is coming to) then the crash occurs? Are you using any graphic mods through 7H or the like? Might be that the game is reaching that field screen and then encountering a field model ID that's missing.

NeoDraconis

• View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: 2016-05-05 07:21:31 »
Yeah I am going to start this mod once the Dark Cave is back in and had say... three days for bug finding and fixing? Going to be using 7H though. :)

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: 2016-05-05 11:02:53 »
Nah, I wasn't using anything like that. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and used the main installer which seems to have fixed it. Odd. I noticed after reinstalling that P. Buster's model wasn't the current one when I was getting the freeze, I don't know what was up but, in any case, it's fixed now.

Ran into the Aerith/Scorp problem in the church but I see the flevel patch should fix it. I'll try later when I get home.

I've been out of the loop a while, what's up with the Dark Cave being taken out? A big overhaul?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-05 11:04:41 by Murasame »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: 2016-05-05 14:58:08 »
Nah, I wasn't using anything like that. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and used the main installer which seems to have fixed it. Odd. I noticed after reinstalling that P. Buster's model wasn't the current one when I was getting the freeze, I don't know what was up but, in any case, it's fixed now.

Ran into the Aerith/Scorp problem in the church but I see the flevel patch should fix it. I'll try later when I get home.

I've been out of the loop a while, what's up with the Dark Cave being taken out? A big overhaul?
Dark Cave is undergoing heavy maintenance right now, Sega Chief doesn't currently have an ETA on when it will be ready but I'm still looking foward to it.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: 2016-05-05 15:16:35 »
Can we get an ETA on when to expect an updated NT IRO from the main page? It's still at April 22.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: 2016-05-05 21:31:43 »
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iz8sbu6z1bv297y/FF7_NT_1.4_5th_May.iro

Might be best if I just keep this file separate again, so that it doesn't need to go up with the rest of it.