Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3025976 times)

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
I tried the new function to skip cutscene/movies: at the first FMV while doing that the music doesn't start, it does only after first battle. Then you swap map and come back on the first map and you are able to get another Potion from the same soldier (btw they share erroneously the same model of the train guard.)

Seems working so far with sfx memory off, will update.

Also, I know it's already mentioned in reunion database, but jeez the model polygon going over the battle menu it is annyoing.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 13:49:15 by Kuraudo. »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
at the first FMV while doing that the music doesn't start, it does only after first battle

Normal.  This is because FMV sets music.  But I can sort it and will be doing.

Also, I know it's already mentioned in reunion database,

Then don't re-mention it as that annoys me ;)

hen you swap map and come back on the first map and you are able to get another Potion from the same soldier (btw they share erroneously the same model of the train guard.)

Not sure what you mean about train guard but the dupe issue with items is not  a reunion bug and is already fixed with new translation.  Again, always check that issues are reunion or not and always check field script errors in database.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
With New translation ON I'm getting the double potion.

For Train Guard model (field) vs Captain Shinra Soldier (field)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I don't understand.  How are those 2 places related? 

Estelyen

• View Profile
I just installed FF7 (Steam version) + Reunion on my laptop so I could play the game more often, when I'm on the road for my job. I copied all the modded files as well as the Reunion folder from my PC (where everything works fine), then I simply made some adjustments for the resolution (since my crappy old laptop can't do higher than 1366x768).

In the game launcher, I can set keyboard button assignments just fine, but when I launch the game, it does not react to any key input, just playing the credits into infinity... I tried disabling Reunion in the options.ini and that makes the game recognize my input, so it seems to be a Reunion issue.

I remember from back in the day that in 7th Heaven there used to be some sort of Laptop patch that was required when you tried to play the game on a laptop without a numpad (which mine does indeed not have). Is that still a thing and will it work with Reunion? If not, can anything else be done to make the game work with Reunion on my laptop?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
unless you mean both areas have the issue.  but if you're using a custom flevel that will be why

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
requires modified config file if you don't have a numpad.  this Will be sortrd in a future release

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
I don't understand.  How are those 2 places related? 
So what I meant it's that this model is being used for both: a Captain of Shinra Soldiers and a Train Security Guard. That it's OG limitation, I believe.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 18:41:22 by Kuraudo. »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
ahhhh

Devina

• View Profile
As weird as it sounds and a bit of a strange workaround, I theorize plugging a USB keyboard into your laptop might fix the issue.
Let me know if it works.

skyhawk

• View Profile
If not, can anything else be done to make the game work with Reunion on my laptop?

I don't know if Steam's controller mapping works with keys that don't physically exist on the machine's keyboard, but I suspect it would.

Bring a gamepad with your laptop, and configure the Steam controller mapping as shown here:

Nicolo

• View Profile
Just had two similar crashes. One in Shinra Mansion after winning a random battle against the balance thingy enemies. Just as the world map battle crahes of before, the fanfare started playing and when transitioning to the exp gained screen the game hang and closed. Exact same thing happened on a random battle in mt. Nibel. after defeating Materia Keeper, i ventured outside, got into arandom battle and when I won, same hang and crash. Both times I was mashin the confirm button intensively but I kinda always do it. It just felt like I mashed the game to death lol. I had 3 hrs without crashes before it happened so it seem definitely more stable. Did not attach crash.dmp because Windows istelling me the file hasnt been modified for quite some days so it's as if the game is quitting somewhat gracefully? It's not generating a crash.dmp. Logs are from just after the second crash at mt nibel, save slot 1.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NAfJ_ehZb6v9Eak6083CqJvirpmt1jzy

Chris2999

• View Profile
Cannot figure out how to search on only this thread so might as well ask a question that has likely been answered before.
I got the steam version of FF7 and I installed the mod on the folder where ff7_en is located.
It runs just fine but only on a small window, there is no way for me to run it on fullscreen and fiddling with the settings on the launcher does nothing, what do I need to do to run the game on fullscreen with this mod?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
a Captain of Shinra Soldiers and a Train Security Guard. That it's OG limitation, I believe.

It is.  So the question is why is this bug report here ;) ?

This is normal - reusing models is what all games do - esp older ones.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-08 09:00:44 by DLPB »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
That was a mere observation OT, the report bug was on double potion based on New Translation (y) but I guess we have exhausted this topic already.

I'm going through a run using only R06 and have several notes written down (regarding model glitching etc.)

Can I post it here if not present in reunion database?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
if it's related directly to a change reunion causes, yes.

Estelyen

• View Profile
Cannot figure out how to search on only this thread so might as well ask a question that has likely been answered before.
I got the steam version of FF7 and I installed the mod on the folder where ff7_en is located.
It runs just fine but only on a small window, there is no way for me to run it on fullscreen and fiddling with the settings on the launcher does nothing, what do I need to do to run the game on fullscreen with this mod?
Installing the mod should have created a new folder called "The_Reunion". In there is the file "Options.ini". Open that with a simple text editor and you can set a resolution by changing the values "window_width" and "window_height". If you want fullscreen, just replace "full_screen = n" with "full_screen = y".

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've also begun work on the front end for these options.

usb

• View Profile
When you encounter Aerith at the church and should give her a name, the default name is Aeris... is it right?

R06c with hotfix 11, standard installation (no checkbox selected)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-08 14:22:36 by usb »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
No - it isn't.  I've probably forgotten to update when I transferred to new modding method from old R05.  There's a few issues with names being out of whack that I'll sort.

sylandro

• View Profile
I think I've found a new bug that isn't in the Reunion Database: in Disc 2, when Cid is the party leader, if you go to Nibelheim he will be invisible in the main town screen. It only happens when New_Translation is enabled.

Here's the logs and a save where I could replicate it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aMRhvTMHd9Ij0M9mtwp4jsQIxx-hDj0R/view?usp=sharing

Chris2999

• View Profile
Installing the mod should have created a new folder called "The_Reunion". In there is the file "Options.ini". Open that with a simple text editor and you can set a resolution by changing the values "window_width" and "window_height". If you want fullscreen, just replace "full_screen = n" with "full_screen = y".

Got it, that worked, thank you.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
When you encounter Aerith at the church and should give her a name, the default name is Aeris... is it right?

R06c with hotfix 11, standard installation (no checkbox selected)

I forgot this part.  The function hasn't been taken over for the external exe txt file.  I'll have to sort it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I don't need any more bug reports about crashes after battle unless there is a message on screen saying to notify me.  I reckon these crashes are related to bass.dll which is why the game is dying immediately.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
in the lifestream when Cloud is finding himself with tifa
young Cloud says this:

"Tell him what you've told me, later."

i'm not sure if there is really anything grammatically incorrect, but at the very least its really hard to follow if you don't already know the context, just kinda worded strangely

With that sentence aside, you all did great work with this scene, the original dialogue was horrid and confusing throughout that whole scene and you guys clarified/cleaned the hell out of it... kudos

edit: also, when moving a chocobo into the choco pen, the dialogue box that says to give the chocobo a name appeared on top of a dialogue box that said this is a great chocobo and the words conflicted a bit, havent tested without reunion yet but i dont remember that happening in the original game, not that its an issue for me at all anyway, just letting you know its there
« Last Edit: 2020-03-11 04:04:55 by Orichalcon »