Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007693 times)

usb

• View Profile
I forgot this part.  The function hasn't been taken over for the external exe txt file.  I'll have to sort it.

ok, I think I've found another problem with text from exe.txt not being readed properly: in materia menu or shop sell materia the word under the materia stars is set to "to next level", despite I've changed it (line 394 and 559 in exe.txt). Here it is a screen with italian modification (with english word). Since this is a not english problem i don't know if it is secondary... for now with hext I can make a workaround (like with default character name I've already reported)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-11 10:31:09 by usb »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
That comes out of Kernel2 and needs changing via wallmarket or touphscript.  The one in the exe is for a different place.

usb

• View Profile
That comes out of Kernel2 and needs changing via wallmarket or touphscript.  The one in the exe is for a different place.
But in my kernel2 there isn't the word "to next level". In the R06 kernel2 i've found only "next level" (line 1631) and in italian is translated. Using hext and changing 00920C48 and 00922A50 fix the problem

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'll look into it

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It was caused by the fact I altered the offsets for the 2 text entries, so they weren't detected.

Fixed.  Thanks for the bug report.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Encountering the same problem with Hotfix 9 as CrazySteve88 did.

After finishing the bombing run and talking to Aerith, the next loaded area is incorrect.
The area has Cait Sith jumping on the stairs (could be a scene from the event in Disc 2), and Cloud spawns on top of the background scenery and is unable to move at all.

Is this still happening?   It isn't to me.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The Vincent basement music issue is indeed caused by the original script being broken at that point as Ansem said. 

The Japanese PSX game shows the normal battle music should play.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-12 00:58:28 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Also is the texture bug gone with Hotfix 11?

neoturklight

• View Profile
Hey sorry if this has been answered somewhere already...I'm updating to R06 after a year of not playing. However the new installer seems to only contain Beacause. Are the other parts of the mod located elsewhere now?

I went ahead and installed anyways and now the game isn't listening to my keyboard, heh.

Disregard all this, I'm an idiot but figured it all out. Great work as always, guys!
« Last Edit: 2020-03-12 02:32:48 by neoturklight »

EliParker

• View Profile

I had that bug, and after I installed Hotfix 11, it was gone.

skyhawk

• View Profile
Hotfix 11:
  -  The Midgar area immediately after meeting Aerith is working fine - Both the correct field, and no texture corruption.
  - Overall working much better, but still logging lots of ERROR: texture cache is full and nothing could be evicted!
  - I've had some sessions work fine for hours, covering many different fields and aspects of storyline
  - I also had one instance where the game crashed at the After Battle screen after a single fight
    [I then re-launched the game, loaded the same save, and played for some time without issue]
« Last Edit: 2020-03-12 02:47:11 by skyhawk »

Nicolo

• View Profile
Hotfix 11:
  -  The Midgar area immediately after meeting Aerith is working fine - Both the correct field, and no texture corruption.
  - Overall working much better, but still logging lots of ERROR: texture cache is full and nothing could be evicted!
  - I've had some sessions work fine for hours, covering many different fields and aspects of storyline
  - I also had one instance where the game crashed at the After Battle screen after a single fight
    [I then re-launched the game, loaded the same save, and played for some time without issue]

Just adding that I've had a very similar experience with hotfix 11. Small instance of after battle crash as reported, but a lot of playtime without crashes or any bug I could notice. I just passed Temple of Ancients.

There was one time I got a crash with error message saying to report it, but I didn't get the files because I was in a hurry and forgot to get them by the time I came back home to play again. The way it happened was I had just loaded a save on the world map, but went afk just as I confirmed the load, so I didn't move or press any button for quite a while, at least 1 hour... when I returned, the world map song was still playing, but I had the custom crash message window by DLPB onscreen and when I  clicked ok, the game closed.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
After Battle Crash - Train Graveyard (2 ghost and a deenglow)

1. Instant crash after battle ends (literally at the black screen after levelup screen) with a popup saying FF7_en.exe finished working.
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once? No.
3/4/5/6. App.log, Reunion.log, crash.dmp, audio log, save file.
7. CPU Specs: Intel Core i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60GHz - DDR3 8 GBytes;
NVIDIA  GeForce 710M (2048 MBytes DDR3)
8. SO: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - 64bit
9. Mods: Last hotfix, no 60fps, italian porting on, satsuki fields ON, satsuki battle textures ON, HD battle icon and avatars ON.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-12 10:18:57 by Kuraudo. »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm at work.  Just pop last 20 or so lines from app.log here on forum so i can see.  Curious.

skyhawk

• View Profile
From Kuraudo's APP.LOG

[00003940] TRACE: open q_kets03.TEX (LGP:magic)
[00003940] TRACE: open titama.S (LGP:magic)
[00003940] TRACE: open q_kets01.TEX (LGP:magic)
[00003940] TRACE: open hit1.S (LGP:magic)
[00004088] TRACE: open BLAVER00.TEX (LGP:magic)
[00004088] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition IT\The_Reunion/GLOBAL/Texture/magic/BLAVER00_00.png
[00004088] TRACE: open BLAVER.S (LGP:magic)
[00004088] TRACE: open BLAVER01.TEX (LGP:magic)
[00004088] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition IT\The_Reunion/GLOBAL/Texture/magic/BLAVER01_00.png
[00004088] TRACE: open SHINING.S (LGP:magic)
[00004133] TRACE: open LIMIT/BLAVER.A00 (LGP:magic)
[00004143] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition IT\The_Reunion/GLOBAL/Texture/magic/BLAVER01_01.png
[00004151] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition IT\The_Reunion/GLOBAL/Texture/magic/BLAVER01_02.png
[00004353] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition IT\The_Reunion/GLOBAL/Texture/menu/btl_win_b_l_06.png
[00004362] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition IT\The_Reunion/GLOBAL/Texture/battle/seffect3_21.png
[00004442] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition IT\The_Reunion/GLOBAL/Texture/battle/seffect3_24.png
[00004507] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition IT\The_Reunion/GLOBAL/Texture/menu/btl_win_b_l_11.png
[00004530] [BATTLE] End of current battle
[00004530] [BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
[00004598] [BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[00004598] [BATTLE] endof battle.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Same issue as before, Kuraudo.  As I advised previously, there's no point sending bug reports on this same issue when the message box to notify me doesn't appear.  It means there's  no bug report.  I'm aware of the issue with the game dying after battles.  Unless there is a proper crash showing you a message box and creating a new crash.dmp there's no point raising it.   :)

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Damn, I thought could be helpful. Now, I know the modus operandi and which popup isn't helpful.

Cheers

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
tracking it down will be more annoying and im aware you're trying to help.  im just unable to articulate myself in messages and let my stress seep into them.   it's not something im good with.

oblongsausage

• View Profile
Same issue as before, Kuraudo.  As I advised previously, there's no point sending bug reports on this same issue when the message box to notify me doesn't appear.  It means there's  no bug report.  I'm aware of the issue with the game dying after battles.  Unless there is a proper crash showing you a message box and creating a new crash.dmp there's no point raising it.   :)

Just an fyi, every time I've gotten a crash after battle, I've gotten the message to report to you, but it seems I'm still not getting bug reports in crash.dmp that are useful to you.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
next time it happens send me app.log and crash and I'll make sure

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
the woman behind the counter near the entrance of costa del sol says "But even Meteor looming over us didn't deter people from coming in their droves."

this sentence sounds really weird, and would not sound weird if the word 'their' was just omitted entirely

"... didn't deter people from coming in droves" sounds much more normal than
"... didn't deter people from coming in their droves"

i apologize if thats just the way people say that in the UK, but again it will jump out as a strange sentence to almost all americans at the very least
« Last Edit: 2020-03-14 20:18:39 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
it's again perfectly normal speech if you check with Google you'll see the phrase. I'll bring it up with covarr.

skyhawk

• View Profile
If "people from coming in their droves" and "people from coming in droves" are both acceptable UK English, but us North Americaners think the "their" is really awkward, then I would argue it should be removed. This logic I think also applies to the "What a nerve!" debate from a page or two ago.

There seems to be a fair amount of minor translation issues that sound "awkward" to certain people.  Might it make sense to add a new tab to the spreadsheet for "translation English dialect differences"? I think these deserve discussion and documentation, but perhaps should not be clogging up this thread.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
it's again perfectly normal speech if you check with Google you'll see the phrase. I'll bring it up with covarr.

i know there's nothing wrong grammatically, but keep in mind the original english translation was translated for the american market, if americans are trying to replay the game and there is a bunch of british idioms and dialect sprinkled in even with american english checked it will certainly make us wonder if the corrected typos are worth it

i'm 33 and quite well-traveled within north america (never have crossed an ocean), and never heard the phrase "in their droves" spoken, i don't doubt at all its perfectly normal speech in many places, but i read it and thought "wtf?" lol

I certainly think it IS worth it, most of the major plot scenes are great, i also love what was done with Cait Sith, but I also think a little more input from people who have lived in the USA is needed for the "American English" translation

Keep in mind I am also just trying to help, there is 330 million english-speakers here, who on average have more money to donate than an average person from another country (don't shoot the messenger)

« Last Edit: 2020-03-14 21:56:29 by Orichalcon »

klevelend4

• View Profile
I think the best way to look at that translation "in their droves" would be to break it down. Would you say "They arrived in their en masse"? Or, "They arrived in their large grouping"? Or is it more apt that you would say "They arrived en masse"? It certainly was not an idiom I had ever heard before. Whether it is proper grammar is not really the issue. It's whether it sounds natural. Granted I have no real stake in this and I actually think it's fine the way it is. It does seem a tad awkward. Definitely the Queen's English which I am not very familiar with.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-14 22:11:20 by klevelend4 »