Author Topic: [FF7PC] Post bug reports here [use The Reunion thread instead]  (Read 85263 times)

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2017-06-26 10:34:04 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 11:42:19 by Cicciolo »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: [FF7PC] The Bug Database - post bug reports here
« Reply #101 on: 2017-06-26 12:19:05 »
It definitely happens on the original PC version. I remember noticing this a long time ago. I did it just for fun most of the time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2017-06-27 01:02:19 »
I'll add these to the database when I get time.  Right now... got bigger fish to fry by fixing them all!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2017-06-27 02:33:29 »
Aeroga (and Supernova) both use effect 00163, which, as Cicciolo pointed out, is wrong in PC original. This is an error in audio.dat.  163 is accidentally the same as 162. This means there will be a totally wrong effect in Supernova too lol and other places.  But since I worked entirely off the PSX version, this effect has been fixed.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-27 02:37:22 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2017-06-27 10:24:15 »
Phew, the bug finding never stops. On PC Cloud use a wrong animation at the end of the G-Bike minigame.
PSX
https://youtu.be/a3R8-qwg81E?t=127

PC
https://youtu.be/mhHrFhAZSFA?t=170

From what I can see on YouTube the wrong animation is never used on psx, so I will simply change jgaa.a to igaa.a and igaa.a to jgaa.a just in case it is used somewhere.

Regarding Cid I assume the best way to fix it is to update the model loader with corresponding animations of him. I'll see if I can make it ready for you.

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2017-06-27 11:36:38 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 11:42:47 by Cicciolo »

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2017-06-27 20:36:30 »
On a side note, has anyone noticed a weird bug with Bizarro Sephiroth duplicating/triplicating his model during the boss battle? I'm not sure if i could replicate it though...

Well, I mean he is placed five times in the formation to give the illusion of five targets, but the four additional models are invisible by default. I guess some sort of script error could cause them to become visible. Typically something you'd see in mods developed by inexperienced modders, but I've literally never seen it myself, ever.

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2017-06-27 21:23:05 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 11:43:02 by Cicciolo »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #108 on: 2017-06-27 22:19:52 »
I do vaguely remember this happening once on my PC copy way back when. I have no idea how to reproduce it, but it probably has to do with reviving parts. The idle animations are out of sync after some actions.

August

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2017-06-30 23:58:23 »
The sfx for FMVs in Bugenhagen's laboratory don't play correctly. In boogdemo.avi only a few effects are played and in boogstar.avi they don't play at all. I checked the Database but this seems to have been overlooked. I've found some videos that show the same results as my playtesting.

psx: https://youtu.be/Sf82Mka39Eo?list=PLD305DAD36259178E&t=252

pc: https://youtu.be/yiq9b2X7RgY?list=PLvv1mA3UKy9PD2JcrlP98HMgqH9KP5H_u&t=531

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2017-07-01 15:58:05 »
The effect problem has been noted before by Sega Chief, but we didn't reach any conclusion.  This *should* be fixed with my module replacement, because it again supports multiple effects from field and all calls from field are heeded.  The only way this won't be fixed at the moment is if the field code itself is broken, which I doubt.  Thanks for clarifying it.

The bug report has been filed as fixed.

As for Bizarro...  I am going to file it as a bug.  There likely is 3 models loaded into battle due to the party being able to attack Bizarro from left right and front. I dunno if this is a PC issue alone.  Sega Chief may be able to find a bug in the AI. Or it could be a porting issue.

@Kal.  I will check G-bike and add it to the Bug Database.

@August, I have added the fade issue to the database.  I am not sure whether I already fixed it in R06.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-01 17:54:17 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2017-07-02 04:46:25 »
I'm redoing my sound approach. Instead of taking over akao main function - I'm just gonna do what I should from the start and take over the functions it eventually uses.  That way, I don't need to continually cover bases twice. Of course, this wouldn't need to be done if all the programmers used akao wrapper, but they didn't.  All my main functions are done.  I just need to work out exactly which functions are being called and take over them.  Disable any that are to do with starting /ending threads and so on,  since those aren't going to be needed.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2017-07-03 20:06:40 »
I couldn't find this in the database, so just to make sure; has the Soldier First and Second classes' multi-slash attack been fixed? It was always broken in the vanilla game, since the enemies' animation scripts for that attack are incomplete.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] The Big Bad Bug Database - post bug reports here
« Reply #113 on: 2017-07-05 02:25:30 »
That's one for Kal and Sega Chief.

in other news.... Akao field wrapper is incorrect with PC version.  Maybe also PSX.  It only allows one byte instead of at least two for all transition Time parameters.  So when the snowboard game (for example), sets the clapping sfx to fade out (at the end of a winning time) using the wrapper, instead of 12C (300) / 60 = 5 second fade out, you will get 2C (44) / 60 = 0.73 seconds. 

This is a huge oversight by the porting team or original team. It's also easily fixed.

I very much doubt this is a mistake in the original game.  Something tells me they'd have realized that all their fade outs were being reduced to a maximum of 255 / 60 = 4.25 seconds. And I'm sure that clapping sfx did indeed fade correctly in psx.

213.SetEffect [Channel 4, Balance 64, 00441 [SB - Clapping, looped].ogg]
213.SetLoop [LoopStart 200618]
213.SetVolume [Channel 4, Volume 127]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
214.SetVolumeTransition [Channel 4, TargetVolume 0, Time 5000]

That's better, no?  5000 because I convert to ms for use in bass.dll.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-05 03:08:59 by DLPB »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2017-07-05 13:35:08 »
I couldn't find this in the database, so just to make sure; has the Soldier First and Second classes' multi-slash attack been fixed? It was always broken in the vanilla game, since the enemies' animation scripts for that attack are incomplete.

The animations themselves function, they just look a bit choppy. Soldier 1st uses the first step of 4x-cut instead of the normal 03 slash animation for his physical attack which is why he ends up standing very close to the player party after the attack; like Hojo's combo, only the fourth attack 'returns' the actor to their starting position.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2017-07-05 17:00:37 »
The animations themselves function, they just look a bit choppy. Soldier 1st uses the first step of 4x-cut instead of the normal 03 slash animation for his physical attack which is why he ends up standing very close to the player party after the attack; like Hojo's combo, only the fourth attack 'returns' the actor to their starting position.

I took a gander at the AB file. 03 is definitely meant for the normal attack, and it does function as intended. 4xCut uses script 06, which uses different anims for delivering the attack, but it ceases all actions after the first slash because there is an EE right after the animation. EE returns the actor to Idle state, so the attack is cut short and he doesn't return to original spot either  (The EE is there after the other slashes as well.)

This is an easy fix tbh. Just need to clean up the garbage that's stopping the script from executing completely, and add an E5 right before the last EE so the enemy returns to his correct position.

Edit: Actually, the E5 is already there where it belongs. Only some cleanup is required.

Edit2: And it is done. Took me 5 minutes to do it, lol. Do test it out though, because I can't at the moment.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-05 17:16:07 by Ansem »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2017-07-05 21:16:09 »
Nice.  You get a credit in The Big Bad Bug Database.  Oh, what an honour!

Edit.

Was this present on PSX?
« Last Edit: 2017-07-07 02:06:58 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2017-07-07 05:43:21 »
Comet 2 sfx are being chopped off early because of the command to stop at 5A44D6  and 5A44E5. Nopping these will fix the issue, but I am uncertain if doing that leaves resources.  NFITC1 or someone may know more about that.  These multiple effects do seem to use threads for the audio (I think they use the effect ID as a parameter for the thread ID.  There is also a second parameter, usually of 0F  - but I have no idea what that does).

I didn't notice any memory leaks though.

It would be nice to see how the PSX version worked internally for these... perhaps they even had a fade out.   It won't matter with version of the audio module.                 

Quake 3 may suffer with a similar issue in that the graphic effect is terminated early. I will check.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-07 06:00:54 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2017-07-07 10:36:24 »
I didn't realize Music Pan and Music Pan Transitions were actually ever used. This will be reinstated with The Audio Replacement. Looking at the field code in Makou, it seems it uses 2 byte values this time, rather than one.  So Left is 0, centre is 0x4000, and right is 0x7FFF. Effect balance is 0, 0x40, 7F.  Unless Akao2 causes some sort of mess... but I doubt it.

Also seems that there has been a miscommunication somewhere with the sound programmer / design team / field programmers... because although akao2 should allow for 2 byte time values, as I said previously this isn't the case with the hard code, which has accidentally left only one byte being used. I am still not sure if this is the case in PSX, but I'll be testing soon. Some of the field programmers have kept to a one byte maximum value for time intervals in field (indicating they've been told that's the limit)... but not in cos_btm2 for example... where you'll find a music transition of 500. If the akao wrapper is broken in PSX, this fade will be totally broken too.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-07 10:42:27 by DLPB »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #119 on: 2017-07-07 15:24:45 »
As for Bizarro...  I am going to file it as a bug.  There likely is 3 models loaded into battle due to the party being able to attack Bizarro from left right and front. I dunno if this is a PC issue alone.  Sega Chief may be able to find a bug in the AI. Or it could be a porting issue.

The three different sides are different formations. The game will decide to angle Bizarro based on the formation it's loaded in. The question is can this be reproduced in the angled formations? I have never switched parties during that battle so I don't even know how the mechanics work.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2017-07-07 15:59:58 »
Was this present on PSX?

The Soldier animation bug? Yes.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2017-07-08 06:15:49 »
I've just tested the PSX version.  Music panning functions are disabled there too. So although field script does exist for music panning including transitions, they can never be executed in PSX or PC. And that's probably a good thing looking at the field script... there's a few entries there that look to me to make no sense at all.  I guess that's also why the values are 0, 0x4000, 0x7fff... because they never had to change them to conform to the correct one byte standard (in fact there are a few correct one byte pans in the script too!).

I will allow the functions to be used with my dll, but they'll need to be enabled with an opinion in the ini.

Akao 0xDA IS used in PSX though. It resets the music tempo to 0. I think it's rather redundant, because normal tempo setting can reset tempo to 0. 0xE4 doesn't seem to be used at all from what I can see, despite it being called a few times (mainly after minigames).

Tempo max value is 0x7F (not 0x40 as I previously reported.  The snowboard minigame does stop at 0x40, but the coal train part of the game will speed music up to the maximum).
« Last Edit: 2017-07-09 08:37:38 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2017-07-27 08:08:57 »
So I have just finished my rework on Cid and by the time I tested the new model I found a very minor bug in Mideel, many of the NPC have no colusion and you can literaly run through them.

I will now see what I can do regarding the shadow of diamant. However I have a few concerns, while Dan has defined the size he needs I have no way to exactly create them since it's a 3d object which can have any demision while using a texture with the exact size he asks for. Another issue I see is regarding the scene itself. Diamond is moving away from the party in the  FMV before and after, while in the specific scene the shadow is moving to the right (to the left from the player's view) which is actually not correct. This means the shadow has to move down if we follow the movement of Diamont. That's why I made a full shape shadow to test a few possibilities.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2017-07-27 15:39:20 »
That may not be exactly true.  The orientation of a shadow cast from that elevation could probably move left to right (also depends on light source).  I am not sure, but I don't think we need to alter the scene.  The original worked fine and no-one questioned it.  Is it possible to create that shadow with the dimension and shape I mentioned?

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2017-08-01 19:12:49 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 11:43:29 by Cicciolo »