Author Topic: Status of Mods and Tools with New FF7 PC  (Read 92810 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Status of Mods and Tools with New FF7 PC
« Reply #25 on: 2012-08-15 04:08:42 »
So hardcore needs to update the path if it is to work with  new pc, basically :)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #26 on: 2012-08-15 04:12:17 »
yup my first real contribution :') tears of joy

edit
since the patcher can edit the kernel and scene does that mean we can count wallmarket and proudclod as a success as well and maybe hojo?
« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 04:18:53 by squall8cloud7 »

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012-08-15 05:00:58 »
Any edit mods?
the once where you edit your characters lvl,items, weapons?
I dont think this is possible with the stupid cloud saves...

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012-08-15 05:13:31 »
that would be black chocobo. black chocobo can still edit saves but the game wont allow you to use them

RegisMK5

« Reply #29 on: 2012-08-15 05:32:46 »
I wonder if it would be possible to do something like making the file read only, attempt to make a save in the game. Then replace the file with our modified version so that it gets uploaded the the cloud.

moothead

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012-08-15 12:52:42 »
I know you can't use any mods that rely on Aali's driver but what about the .lgp mods like some of the battle backgrounds?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012-08-15 13:06:30 »
No graphical mods? Or aali's driver? Or your sweet menu overhaul?

Well, looks like i'll still with my oldie :P

kainhighwind2

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012-08-15 14:42:33 »
No graphical mods? Or aali's driver? Or your sweet menu overhaul?

Well, looks like i'll still with my oldie :P

Eh, given time, and some work, I'm sure a lot of the big mods can be modified to work with this new release.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-08-15 15:09:14 »
Eh, given time, and some work, I'm sure a lot of the big mods can be modified to work with this new release.

The answer to that is no.  Without aalis driver (or similar) it is 100% impossible.  It just isn't going to happen I am afraid.  The ones I marked in red are likely never to be supported.

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012-08-15 15:36:24 »
I don't mean to sound funny, but unless you've already spoken to Aali about this you really shouldn't speak on his behalf with such certainty. It's really not good for morale.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012-08-15 15:38:04 »
I don't mean to sound funny, but unless you've already spoken to Aali about this you really shouldn't speak on his behalf with such certainty. It's really not good for morale.

I am not here to make you feel better.  In any case, the Menu Project will not be supported ever.  That is certain.  I know, because I made it.  It might not be what you want to hear but that's your own fault for buying New PC money spinner instead of obtaining the old PC which, with the new mods, is vastly superior anyway.

Enix is having a jolly old time right about now. They've fooled you again.  8)

Also, I said "likely never"  I did not use the word certain.  In terms of using the "New" PC, it is unlikely aali will update his driver to it and if he doesn't then it is 100% impossible for the mods I marked red to work.  This is because they require it 100%.

There is 1 way around this, and that is to use the old ff7.exe file with the files that came with new PC.   That would work if you also had the registry settings from old PC and Aali's driver (probably).  I am not sure how legal this is.

« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 15:59:33 by DLPB »

kainhighwind2

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012-08-15 15:42:44 »
So, I installed the Unified Model Installer, and apparently it installed no issue, using your custom mix, but nothing actually shows up in-game. Is this an issue with the installer, or does it also require aali's driver?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012-08-15 15:44:13 »
So, I installed the Unified Model Installer, and apparently it installed no issue, using your custom mix, but nothing actually shows up in-game. Is this an issue with the installer, or does it also require aali's driver?

No the UMI does not require Aalis driver and was confirmed working (see first post).  I have no idea why things would not show up and I cannot test the new game.

kainhighwind2

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012-08-15 15:49:09 »
Yeah, that's why I grabbed it, because the first post said it worked. But yeah, I'm not getting anything. Not FFX save points, not PRP models in world or battle, nothing :(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012-08-15 15:51:38 »
There's something happening which stops it.  But the other guy got it working so it can't be impossible.  Someone will have to go into this and let me know what is going wrong.

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012-08-15 16:14:46 »
It might not be what you want to hear but that's your own fault for buying New PC money spinner instead of obtaining the old PC which, with the new mods, is vastly superior anyway.

Enix is having a jolly old time right about now. They've fooled you again.  8)

Oh, you mean the version that's incredibly hard to get a hold of in any decent condition without paying more than what a new game costs? You're right, what was I thinking?

Being realistic is one thing, being rude and condescending is another. Also, I'm not talking about your menu project, i'm talking about Aali's driver, and you seem pretty certain here that Aali will never support the new PC version. Emphasis mine.

Menu Overhaul and Retranslation   No chance. I can't ever see me doing it even if Aali's driver supported it, which it never will anyway.  Can't see Aali working on new PC at all.   I may add in the ability for the other patches in Menu Overhaul to work with the new PC... but the new font and graphics and menu/battle interface are likely never to be supported.

I'll say again, unless you've already spoken to Aali about it and he's confirmed that he won't do any work on the new PC version, you really shouldn't spread assumptions like that as if it's a fact. Nobody has even tried yet, the re-release has been out for a grand total of nearly two days. It is way too early to be so certain about anything.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012-08-15 16:15:47 »
I have amended the original post.  But until he does support the new game (and the chances are extremely low due to a number of reasons I cannot be bothered explaining to you), the mods listed in red will NOT work.  Ever.  Your only hope is that Kranmer is allowed to convert the new game to the old.  That still isn't modding the "new" game.  It would in effect be the old game at that point, so my argument still stands.

Good luck!  8)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-15 16:17:29 by DLPB »

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012-08-15 16:31:26 »
I have amended the original post.  But until he does support the new game (and the chances are extremely low due to a number of reasons I cannot be bothered explaining to you), the mods listed in red will NOT work.  Ever.  Your only hope is that Kranmer is allowed to convert the new game to the old.  That still isn't modding the "new" game.  It would in effect be the old game at that point, so my argument still stands.

Good luck!  8)

I am aware of at least one of the reasons. You mentioned before that the new version appears to use DirectX rendering, whereas Aali's driver works of OpenGL. This is why i'm so fascinated by the "Original Graphic Mode", which i've just posted about in the other re-release thread. If the effect is not emulated, it's possible the re-release actually supports alternative rendering modes on top of the new DirectX rendering mode.

And as for "that still isn't modding the 'new' game", at the end of the day does that really matter? The re-release, despite it's issues, is an easy and legit way of buying FF7 on the PC. If the modding community manages to overcome the obstacles set by the re-release, we will no doubt see more people coming to this community, and by extension more modders (who now have easy access to the game) contributing to this community.

Just look at Morrowind. It's an old game, but it still has a very large and active modding community. That's because it's easy to acquire Morrowind legally. FF7 PC however has always been difficult to get a hold of.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #43 on: 2012-08-15 17:24:38 »
So i was looking at the signiture and the file seams to be the same length as a simple md5sum.  someone please edit your save (do not add new game just simple edit of the slot), that xml file find your saves slot timestamp add one to it and then in the signature for that save paste the md5sum of the edited save from black chocobo. if it works something should be done in time for 1.9.7's release to support these files also.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012-08-15 18:42:07 »
I know why it isnt updating files...  the battle.lgp location is now different with new PC.  I cannot be bothered updating it either.  I suggest you just use Kramner's New to Old converter when it comes out :)  Alternatively,

place battle.lgp inside \data\battle
place magic.lgp inside \data\battle
char.lgp inside data\field
minigame folder inside data

Then run the installer, choose folder that ff7_en.exe is in and install.  Then place the above files back to their original location.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012-08-15 18:50:40 »
@ sithlord i will do this but i need more instruction im a little confuse on what youre asking to do

@dlpb those files are in the same locations as the old.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012-08-15 18:51:19 »
That is my point.  You have to move the files to where they used to be AND THEN run the installer.  Then place the files back again.  That is what I have just told people to do above.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2012-08-15 19:08:42 »
i see what you mean and it is wrong.
that process worked with the hardcore patcher and the scene and kernel bin.
that process just doesnt apply here
the battle and magic lgp are already in data\battle on the old and the new same folder path
the char lgp is in data\field on the old and the new. same folder path
minigame folder is in data folder. same pathe

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012-08-15 19:12:24 »
A lot of this could be alleviated if someone just takes a screencap of the re-release folders in explorer.

Teyah

« Reply #49 on: 2012-08-15 19:41:46 »
Since you said it would help, here you go - complete file listing for the rerelease:

http://pastebin.com/kMsfeigk