Author Topic: Learn from my mistake...  (Read 14143 times)

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Re: Learn from my mistake...
« Reply #25 on: 2006-07-19 12:13:36 »
I heard about such trick. Also one of politicans in my country used this and his political imunity to get out of the car accident for free.
But I don't get it. How can one refuse such test, and why isn't such refusal taken as proof of being drunk ? ( I don't see any other circumstances when I would want to refuse )

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006-07-19 13:12:53 »
In the UK if you refuse a breath test it is seen as an admission of guilt so the penalty is exactly the same as failing the test. Plus the judges see it as being uncooperative with the police so you will get maximum penalty for it - which would have been worse than the one I did get.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #27 on: 2006-07-19 16:57:13 »
It's not really a trick...
It's just the way the courts work. It's the same reason why OJ is free...
Beyond 'all reasonable doubt' is needed.

As refusing to do something and it being declared as an automatic admission of guilt...  that conflicts with your rights as a citizen and the law of innocent until proven guilty. Maybe the UK is different, but freedom is a big deal in the US. For better or worse.

They'll take away your driver license (until it's settled) if you refuse, and take you to jail (again until it's settled, or bail.)  But, they are going to do that anyway, if you fail the breath test. Anyway, the only people that truely slip through are those that can still carry themselves well. You still have to pass their other tests with big brother watching, all the while.

And here is something else... even if they are convicted and have their licence suspended... they can still apply for a (I don't remember what it's called) something license that allows them to go directly to and from work. Then if they are caught, it gets serious. How serious, I don't know. Don't know anyone that went that far.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #28 on: 2006-07-19 18:11:36 »
Quote from: mirex
How can one refuse such test, and why isn't such refusal taken as proof of being drunk ?
( I don't see any other circumstances when I would want to refuse )

In Germany it's like this:
When the police stops you they ask you to make a breath test.
You can refuse it.
However, you will have to make a blood alcohol test instead.

One reason why you should have the ability to refuse a breath test:
Do you know that little alcohol-filled chocolate pralines?
When you eat one of them, you are not drunk, however, a breath test device would say you are...

- Alhexx
« Last Edit: 2006-07-19 18:13:30 by Alhexx »

Bane King

• View Profile
    • Sammie Jo Bray 1986-2006 -- You will be Missed
« Reply #29 on: 2006-07-19 21:40:56 »
That sucks dude but after 15 months of riding a bike\bumming rides I'm sure you'll have learned your leason.

I Learned the hard way what crack would do to a person.
Befor you say it, it wasn't me on it.
I had a friend who had a problem with it but was fighting it.
I beleived that he was a good person as long as he wasn't on it but I should have known better.
Once a crack head always a crackhead!
We were driving around one night and we drove by this shady motel.
He saw a rather attractive woman (who also was a crackhead i found out later) and told me to pull in.
So I did.
I already knew she was a hooker and already knew what his plans were.
He had a wife and kid.
He's a grown man and he knew what he was doing so who was I to stop him.
He had talked he into a 2 for one deal if he bought her a rock.
He got the room and rock paid for and went to town on bangn this chic.
I waited in the car but he left his phone in the car and his wife had been calling every 30 seconds. She knew...
He had been in there for about an hour and I was get'n tired. We had to be at work in 7 hours.
I went to the door and was knock'n several times to get him to hurry but he eventually stoped answering.
Just as I was about to go back to my car and go home his wife pulled up like a bat out of hell with the baby.
Oh shit...
She went to pounding and kicking the door.
Eventually the manager came out and said the cops were on their way.
I paniced and went to go get the roaches out of my car. (marijuana)
Like a dumbass I eat them insted of throwing them in a neighboring field so I smelled like I smoked a pound. ...sigh...
The wife split and I went to telling the cop...get this...the truth.
I was so scared that they would find out otherwise.
They asked me if I had been smoking or drinking and the cop threw me down and told me bullshit.
He thought I had been smoking crack too.
I went to jail for PI and was release @ 5am just to walk for an hour to get home.
I was so f*cking ashamed that I could bring myself to call anyone for a ride.
My drama; My problem.
By the time I got home it was about 6.
I woke mom and told her everything becasue she had been worried sick.
I got away with paying a $250+ fine but he wasn't as lucky.
I snitched him out so him out so they had a bigass stack of charges.

For the longest I blamed myself for that night.
I was driving; Why didn't I just keep going reminding him of his family?
What kind of friend snitches his friend out?
But now I've grown to hate him.
I was so nieve to believe he could have been a good person.
SO many people warned me of him but I looked the other way.
True, I am at fault for some things but I don't blame myself half as much as I use to.

My point is, we all make stupid choices and sometimes we pay for them.
Learn from them and become a better person for it.

I don't mess with crackheads and you shouldn't drink ANYTHING and drive.

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006-07-19 21:41:48 »
i saw that Mythbusters where they tried to beat the breath test.  Of course they couldn't; I knew that before they tested it because if they somehow proved that you could cheat it, everyone would start doing what they suggested.  I guess then the police would all do blood tests, as Alhexx mentioned.

Anyway, they were using such ludicrous things as breath mints, onions, other things to disguise your alchohol breath smell, and even batteries, saying that according to urban legend, it would somehow "short out" the electronic breath tester.  It's amazing how stupid some people are.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #31 on: 2006-07-20 16:17:51 »
Heh... I saw that one.

I like the one when they tested to see if putting the tailgate of a truck really saved gas. I was pretty shocked that it wasted more gas because the tailgate acts like a spoiler. Now I smile whenever I see a truck crusing on the freeway with it's tailgate down...

Heh... I have one of those locking steel roll covers on my bed (came with the truck, bought it used), wonder if that acts like a spoiler, too?